So... the new scouting system.

Have some questions after getting through about a month in my save. I'm using a Conference South team, Sunday League reputation & no coaching badges. Scouts are both English with 10+ JPA and JPP. My manager has a 1 for player and youth knowledge.

I don't know if I'm totally missing the point or if I'm handicapped by all the factors above, or what. I have knowledge on maybe 10 players in the entire scouting pool, and that's a large range for a SINGLE attribute. I hated how easy it was to identify good players last year so this is a welcome change... but I'm not sure I get it. Are we supposed to keep spamming "Get Scout Report" until the blanks are filled? Have a scout watch the player in games? I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment as I can't even sort CMs, for example, with 10+ marking and tackling and get a single result, leaving me with 500+ players with no visible attributes and no idea where to begin.

Seems like a wild guessing game at the moment unless you're going to keep sending scouts over and over which doesn't seem the way it was created. Again, last year was far too easy, but this seems to be at the other end of the spectrum, at least as LLM goes.

How's everyone else liking it? Any tips?

Your not supposed to send them again and again to get a report card if that's what you mean. That doesn't help much. You need to watch them for a longer period of time in order to get an accurate report. If you go to the report it will state your knowledge level and areas yet to be assessed. This will go towards 100% as you scout them.

As you get further along, get more scouts and they build up their knowledge level things will be easier.

I have only played at top level so far so I don't really know how this impacts LLM, but I imaging it is much harder.

LLM is tough with the new scouting, but as well as scouting multiple games with your scout, you can also pick up knowledge by playing against players, having your manager watch other games, or giving trials. Which is actually very realistic, as those are how it is done IRL as teams in Conference South don't usually have scouts.

If I attend other games my % knowledge of the players in that game increases?

If so that's a great addition as never seen the point otherwise. I haven't done an international game so far but does % scouting work the same way there that you don't immediately have 100% knowledge of potential call ups?

One thing I've noticed is when I send a scout to look at a particular region, let's say South America, it's sending an Italian scout to go over and take a look at players even though I have some great scouts at my club with South American knowledge? What happened to being able to select which scout you could send out?

One thing I've noticed is when I send a scout to look at a particular region, let's say South America, it's sending an Italian scout to go over and take a look at players even though I have some great scouts at my club with South American knowledge? What happened to being able to select which scout you could send out?

you can manually select a scout. click 'create new assignment' in the scouting tab -> report from a region -> select the region you wanna scout. next page u see a pull down menu 'scout'. mine shows 'recommended by chief scout', but u can click on it and manually select your scout.

Archived