National B Teams

This is the second year (possibly third?) that national teams have had B Teams.

Every year, it has been nigh on impossible to get a match arranged for them because every single nation is greyed out... unplayable. I think I managed to get one friendly for Canada B and then it was cancelled a few days later for absolutely no reason. Just cancelled with no cited reason at all.

So my quiestion.... what is the point in them? Why are they even included in the game? Such a pointless thing.

I imagine they include them because, although they are rarely used, they are still used in some parts of the world.

It's a bit like saying why include the Peru league? Very few people play it. But some do, and that's the point. Football Manager is a simulation and therefore it tries to include as many features as it can.

EDIT: Oh and I've just checked you can use B teams to play club sides if you'd like :)

This is the second year (possibly third?) that national teams have had B Teams.

Every year, it has been nigh on impossible to get a match arranged for them because every single nation is greyed out... unplayable. I think I managed to get one friendly for Canada B and then it was cancelled a few days later for absolutely no reason. Just cancelled with no cited reason at all.

So my quiestion.... what is the point in them? Why are they even included in the game? Such a pointless thing.

I think B teams are kind of needed in very particular cases. For example I managed Canada and won the Gold Cup, thus qualifying for next Confederations Cup. We were also invited to play in Copa America as a guest team in the same summer, so Canada played in Conf Cup while Canada B entered the Copa America (obviously took over the B team for the tournament, though I could not call up players from 'A' team).

I might create a comp of 2 for b teams in FM15 and release it for download

League that runs on International Match Days. I've always got plenty of Over 21's that don't make the squad and so never get a chance to impress or gain experience.

I almost always manage Scotland alongside the club of my choice (which varies from save to save) and I only ever use the B squad as a place to put players of dual nationality so I can call him up when I want but the other country can't.

Apart from that purpose (which would never actually happen IRL) the inclusion of a B team to me seems pointless tbh.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived