Players stats that dont match their ability

On a recent save game i noticed some of my players stats really do not match the ability of the player in question. Example Elliot Bennet(Norwich City) has a finishing of 8 and composure of 11 i got him as an attacking winger because he is an awesome crosser, but top to that he has put the ball in the back of the net 9 times this season (i am in Janurary 2014/2015 season) and not just your simple tap in's on the far post but amazing strikes from outside the 18 yard box and amazing 1 man runs. On the flip side of the coin i have Robert Snodgrass finishing 14 and composure 15 you would think he would be able to do the same, well your wrong he recently fluffed a shot from point blank range inside the 6 yard box! He takes loads of shots when crossing would be the better option (i cant remember his intelligence rating of the top of my head) which makes him look really selfish taking shots all the time and putting them in row Z (there have been brief glimpses of quality, a goal he scored on the volley from last season a particular highlight)! I was just wondering are there any other players that have stats that would tell you average player but then you play him and he suprises you or on the flip side of the coin any players that have stats that should make him world class but is absolutly awful! Wonder if SIGames are trolling us this season and have reveresed things so we should be looking for players with 1's rather than 20's

Remember that there are more stats at play than just finishing and composure. Concerning the winger, how are his long shots, decisions and possibly technique? The same goes for Snodgrass. If he has a very low decision making attribute or a faulty ppm, he may opt for the wrong move at the wrong time.

One of the best strikers in the world in my game had 9 or 10 Finishing. Many of the attributes you see (and some you don't) come into play for all players, and many more for specific positions. For strikers, the obvious are Finishing, Composure and Off The Ball (not least because that's what the manuals always pointed out), but nearly all the others shape a player. Dribbling, First Touch, Technique, Anticipation, Flair, Work Rate, Pace, Jumping, Strength etc.

So many people just look at the attributes section, it's the stats section you really need to be looking at. If a striker is scoring 20 a season with an average rating over 7 in your league, but has 12 Finishing, you're silly if you turn him down.

So many people just look at the attributes section, it's the stats section you really need to be looking at. If a striker is scoring 20 a season with an average rating over 7 in your league, but has 12 Finishing, you're silly if you turn him down.

That depends on wether or not he'll fit into your grand scheme of things, obviously. :p If he bangs them in as an advanced forward and you're playing with an F9, he may not be worth getting in the end, unless you want to swap things around. :)

Apart from that, I completely agree with your post!

I haven't played too much with a 1-striker formation, so I don't know exactly why it's happening, but I've noticed that whenever I do the AMR is a goal machine god no matter who plays there. The AML can't compete. Maybe it's down to preferred foot and resulting movement patterns. Or maybe I'm imagining things. But this patch seems to favor the right sided winger. I assume Bennett is playing on the right side? (please tell me I'm wrong!)

Remember that there are more stats at play than just finishing and composure. Concerning the winger, how are his long shots, decisions and possibly technique? The same goes for Snodgrass. If he has a very low decision making attribute or a faulty ppm, he may opt for the wrong move at the wrong time.

Long Shots 13, Decisions 11, Technique 12 for Elliot Bennet. As for Snodgrass his descions is 14 (not sure what a ppm is?) but i would think having 14 would give him a fairly high intelligence rating which would make him make the correct decision most of the time. His teamwork attribute is at 13, normally i find the more selfish strikers have really low teamwork.

A lot of my players are now suffering second season syndrome i believe due to qualifying for the Europa League via FA Cup Runners Up (Man UTD won but they finished 4th in the league that season) a lot of my players just arent performing this season like they did last season. Maybe the extra games is an attributing factor, i have already been knocked out of the capital one cup for this season and i intended on lowering their training levels which will hopefully ease the load.

I haven't played too much with a 1-striker formation, so I don't know exactly why it's happening, but I've noticed that whenever I do the AMR is a goal machine god no matter who plays there. The AML can't compete. Maybe it's down to preferred foot and resulting movement patterns. Or maybe I'm imagining things. But this patch seems to favor the right sided winger. I assume Bennett is playing on the right side? (please tell me I'm wrong!)

I play with a one strikers formation, (4D-1DM-2CM-2W-1S) Bennett is on the right side (he is a right sided midfielder :D) but last season i had Tom Ince on the left and he was knocking em in too (Tom not doing well this season 1 goal from 10), the thing about my formation is the goals come from all sides of the pitch i havent got a 30 goal a season machine like RVP or Suarez, but i have 4 players in double figures on goals.

One of the best strikers in the world in my game had 9 or 10 Finishing. Many of the attributes you see (and some you don't) come into play for all players, and many more for specific positions. For strikers, the obvious are Finishing, Composure and Off The Ball (not least because that's what the manuals always pointed out), but nearly all the others shape a player. Dribbling, First Touch, Technique, Anticipation, Flair, Work Rate, Pace, Jumping, Strength etc.

Seriously, if a striker in the EPL (irl) were netting 20 goals a season he would get more than 12 in finishing. Also one of the best strikers in the world (irl) would never get as low as 12 for finishing in FM.

Seriously, if a striker in the EPL (irl) were netting 20 goals a season he would get more than 12 in finishing. Also one of the best strikers in the world (irl) would never get as low as 12 for finishing in FM.

That is such a limited view. How did he score those goals? Were they penalties? Is he just having a purple patch? You can't just say "he scores goals, up his finishing".

I really don't see what the problem is with this topic. If all the game was was a "My number's bigger than your number" then what would be the challenge in that? Sometimes, terrible looking players are going to be your best ones. That's the beauty of the game.

That is such a limited view. How did he score those goals? Were they penalties? Is he just having a purple patch? You can't just say "he scores goals, up his finishing".

I really don't see what the problem is with this topic. If all the game was was a "My number's bigger than your number" then what would be the challenge in that? Sometimes, terrible looking players are going to be your best ones. That's the beauty of the game.

I'm not saying that players with poor finishing can't be world class forwards in FM scoring lots of goals. I'm saying that when world class forwards in real life (irl) are transformed into a FM player they'll always get good/high level of finishing. I just find this peculiar. And this goes for other attributes as well.

A lot of my players are now suffering second season syndrome i believe due to qualifying for the Europa League a lot of my players just arent performing this season like they did last season. Maybe the extra games is an attributing factor, i have already been knocked out of the capital one cup for this season and i intended on lowering their training levels which will hopefully ease the load.

It's because you're a different prospect than last season, the AI have changed their tactics to either deal with the new threat that you are or just to counter the tactics you played last season.

For example: when I won every competition I entered and in a calendar year, most teams parked the bus for the next few years, even when playing at home. Only a very few top sides didn't play for a draw home or away.

When you have seen Hazard had over 10 times tackles attempt with 100% success tackle rate in the match, you will never think that is silly.

Everything can happen in FM.

As above mentioned, it also depends on different situations.

Archived