You Gotta Go There To Come Back

ashton321

Italian%20flag.jpg

My aim here is to become the greatest manager on the planet and eventually to catch the greats. I will be staying in Italy throughout my career so I will mainly be focusing on catching Lippi.

139472af-8f34-43be-80f0-31ce0d98b009_zps942c8ad8.jpg

I have a lot of catching up to do.

Aims

I don't want to be bogged down with reaching certain aims but other than the obvious of winning everything I would like to do the following

- Manage Livorno

- Bring through an Italian star

- Crack the top with a team from southern Italy (other than Napoli)

- Win title with Torino

- Get Genoa the star (win the tenth title)

There is a million other things that I would like to do but we will get to those as we go along.

I will begin unemployed and will look to take the first job I can.

[spoiler]
[font=monospace] 

[b]CLUB[/b]
Sao Paulo State - Santos - 2028

Belgian Pro League - Genk - 2031

[b]International[/b]
Africa Cup of Nations - Ghana - 2025

Brazil Under 23s - Olympics - 2028

[/font]

[/spoiler]

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 2014

nocherina.jpg?itok=KpRuRosj

1715f0d0-3bdf-40aa-bc2b-03d6c679575a_zps0e6cc333.jpg

Finally I received an offer from a team that I could do something with. Aprilla had previously offered me a job but they were nine points a drift in the lowest league so I think they would be sacking me at the end of the year any way.

Nocerina are a decent side they have recently played in Serie B but did not last long there. Unfortunately they are most famous for the derby of shame against Salernitana, in which they were found of sporting fraud.

3dd87082-b171-449c-af34-a107814b45fa_zpsaf65625b.jpg

733a8070-3849-472b-8683-3abd1d7e5bec_zpse55295fe.jpg

They are not doing too well at the moment, I have been tasked with only making the team competitive so that should be something I can achieve.

Nocerina– 2013/14 - Serie C1/B

Graph

Table

Fixtures

Things went ok for us this year, we managed to record a few decent wins although towards the end of the year we suffered some serious defeats to some of the bigger names in the league.

Although we remained in 15th place we did record 4 wins which was more than recorded in the first part of the season by the past management team, we suffered severely with injuries and suspensions which severely hindered our ability to go towards the extended playoffs. I am not to concerned as the playoffs would have been far to early for this team.

Transfers - I brought in three players on loan to try and add some depth into my side as we were really short in many areas. I got rid of a lot of players on loan as I was hoping that they will develop as squad players for me next year.

Season Stars

Gonzalo Barreto – Young striker who joined from Lazio. He was excellent and scored for us against some very good defences. I would expect him to return to Lazio but again be looked to be loaned out next year and I certainly will be throwing my hat into the ring for his signature next year.

Alejandro Rodriguez - A young Spanish forward that I brought in from Cesena. He has been fantastic for us this year and scored some very important goals for us. I would ideally like to keep him here for another season, but after his performances here I am certain that Cesena may want him back as they need goals themselves.

Raffelle Gragnaniello – Fantastic goalkeeper for this level, who was a really good plus point for us this year, considering how many goals we conceded it is surprising that he is on this list. I would expect him to be my number one for next year as well.

Career Overview

Season      Club            League        Position      
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        15th     ******Joined in Jan*********  

Next Season

With a full Pre-season under my belt and with the two bottom leagues in Italy joining I feel that I will be able to move this team higher in the league. I am looking to get rid of a few faces as I want to get the wage budget down as its too high.

I am certain I will stay here for the next season, providing I keep my job which should not be too difficult.

Nocerina– 2013/14 - Serie C1/B

6ec00c81-1b5b-47ec-8c61-7294dc21e2fa_zps0d5e13de.jpg

32 of my squad left in the summer and this was far too big of a turnover. We began the season with four points but since then, we did bugger all and I was sacked. If I am honest it was deserved as I made so many mistakes in the summer. Onwards and upwards

Career Overview

Season      Club            League       Position     
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        15th     ******Joined in Jan*********  
2014/15      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        18th     ******Sacked October ******

Bloody hell, I really must have screwed up in Nocerina, I have now been applying for a job for a year. I have been given a couple of interviews but non have decided I am the man for the job. Is it harder this year to be given jobs?

November 2015

Catanzaro.png

5da08d9c-0d6b-4708-b9ca-17c42c5b80a3_zps4dc1bbeb.jpg

God that took a while but when it happened what a bloody superb opportunity.

This is a side that previously have been in Serie A and a bit of player in the Serie B. As happens in Italy this team has been through scandal and bankruptcy, as a result the club fell like a stone through the leagues. I am hoping that I am given enough time to turn these round and get them back to where they belong.

c30b2f58-84e4-43de-a50b-a3fa8c1320de_zps8201a8b0.jpg

9d3c7867-e955-4fcb-9e12-a762b9872eec_zps333ee7c9.jpg

I am looking to change my updates slightly (basically copying others on the forum SRL)

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - November 2015/16

League

598bedfb-df98-40af-b015-41430c0d3257_zps8e08c73e.jpg

5065c6f8-fe4e-48a0-9acf-9808d7ad22b0_zps2463b5d0.jpg

Things began ok, with a decent little draw against a very good side. We then lost against a team who should be really challenging at the top of the table. We then faced two of our relegation rivals and it was imperative that I recorded my first league win in at least one of these games, we drew the first one in a very close encounter. We then went on to loose the second in the only game in which we were truly out played this month.

Serie C Cup

84a49262-d8ce-43f8-9fd1-e44b0b86e600_zps97338000.jpg

3278ba07-1159-4c08-925a-53905c727904_zpsce51d23d.jpg

My first game in charge was in this competition and it was a very good win against a side who were expected to beat us comfortably. It sets us up nicely to challenge to go through to the next round of this completion.

Transfers - In

Aladje - Free - Decent striker for this level, I am expecting his to score the goals to get us out of trouble.

Antonio Luque - Free - Decent wing back, who should get plenty of playing time for me this year.

Gianluca Romiti - Free - Another wing back, this lad is slightly more game ready so will be on of the first teamers.

Max Taddei - Free - Very happy with this signing a good strong centre midfielder who is vital in this formation that I will be playing

Davide Corso - Free - Another very strong midfield player who will do very well for me.

Sadmir Zekovic - Free - My creative player who I am hoping will become the heartbeat of the team.

Maicon - Free - A player who was with me in Nocerina, a very good right back, not quiet as good as his name sake though

Niccolo Romero - Free - Another striker who will add more depth at the top end of the pitch for us.

Vasil Dimitrov - Free - A younger striker who I expect to become very good in the next year or two.

Angelo Corsi - Free - Another wing back who will challenge for a starting spot

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - December - 2015/16

League

8b38eead-315a-4ae8-95b2-b14f2b8c1421_zps813202e4.jpg

b2459e64-ac44-4bce-b23d-ce5e60a89149_zps59734351.jpg

8dc8a14f-2749-4e3c-b14e-5874746a7b23_zpsbe245aa5.jpg

Fantastic month as we start to get used to the new players and the tactics that I use finally begin to show that they work. Three out of three is a fantastic result for us, we are not yet out of the mire but should we continue in this vein we will be shortly.

The win over Messina was fantastic as my Italian tactics produced the ideal Italian result. We then played a team who will be challenging for the title and came through that test albeit only just. We finished the month with a huge win over another relegation candidate.

Serie C Cup

4fca7b8a-6799-433e-a8b9-d60b72f51a39_zps0f8cabdb.jpg

684d99aa-fcd0-48b0-b76d-286aad167bba_zpse7029e3c.jpg

The cup dream is over after a very dodgy penalty and with two goals ruled out for us. I am gutted to go out of the cup but what is it that all managers say, I can now focus on the league.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - January- 2015/16

League

1653c95d-c85d-4d72-82e0-790146a3451b_zps1bceedf1.jpg

b9530e92-0418-4098-8b5d-28bd3ccd3f0d_zpsb60b5079.jpg

Another unbeaten month, for us which is fantastic for the club. We are slowly going up the league with points getting us out of the relegation zone and pushing up the league table. In our first three fixtures we faced teams that will be very much looking like challenging for title at the end of the year, in particular we played my old club which I really wanted to win. Unfortunately I was unable to win them as I got credible draws against each of them.

I finished the month of with a solid win against a decent mid table type side. I will hope to carry this unbeaten run in the league way into the next month and hopefully beyond even that.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - February 2015/16

League

eebd6e0d-4c74-4db0-bb53-f882a233b86d_zps7381fbc9.jpg

929daf84-ec61-4f3e-80c6-1499de31304c_zpsa9609902.jpg

Bloody hell, the run continues. We got draws in our opening two games. I was very disappointed with these as we were so close to wins as we let in late goals in each of these games. We finished the month with two very very good wins. One against a promotion contender and the other was against one of the poorer sides in this league. I suppose we have just got to try and keep this run going, I don't think we are winning enough to make a late promotion push, I think if we stay unbeaten for much longer we will steer clear of the Playouts which is exactly what I want to avoid at all costs.

Transfers - In

Andrea Guagnetti - Free - An ok, centre half. We will soon be in dire need of these as our number centre half as agreed to leave the club at the end of the year

Francesco Zampano - Free - Another good wing back to add to my collection, he is a potential Serie A player, so superb lad to have.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - March 2015/16

League

ac549038-4ac7-4004-9488-74fd4fa08d50_zpsb0fe3a72.jpg

f1399f90-d5a5-442d-91d3-088219ba8a4c_zps14446f52.jpg

We began the month with a superb win over one of the biggest names at this level. It was a really solid win and I was amazed at how easy it came about. Next up we faced a really poor team and we got super keepered, 23 shots on target and they beat us. We responded in our next game with one of our best performances in a very good win.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - April/May 2015/16

League

41e3f6e3-7a87-44f1-9675-1da43c8c186a_zpsf939cafd.jpg

b8f618e5-cd8c-4d6a-8aef-336b57b362fa_zps6d7b14c7.jpg

And so the season comes to a close. I am more than happy with the second half of the season from I took over. I let the end of the season pitter out a little bit as I tried out some new players from my youth squad. I still recorded some very solid wins, but our work was done prior to this month.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - End of Season 2015/16

League

A superb performance from the lads since I came over. I am amazed at how long that we remained unbeaten for, I feel that we are not too far away from Promotion with this squad. With a few more additions to the squad we could well push onto the top.

I am looking for a few players as I am losing a few big names in the summer.

Cups

Transfers - Finances

Plenty of people in and out, our finances are bloody crap.

Player of the Season

1st - Sadmir Zekovic - A player that I had lots of hope for when he joined and he was as good as I hoped. An excellent player who will only get better.

2nd - Michelle Rigione - Man mountain at the back for us, I am gutted that he will be leaving us in the pre season. He is an excellent player but he will be going.

3rd - Gianluca Romiti - An excellent player and a very solid player on the left hand side for us. He is an excellent addition to the club and I am glad to have him here.

Career Overview

2014/15      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        18th     ******Sacked October ******
2015/16      Catanzaro     Serie C1/C        13th     ******Joined in November****

Next Season

I would like to push as far towards the promotion places as possible.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - Pre Season -2016/17

League

7866aa09-1aa5-4027-bdc0-df09cc185af9_zpsad5c2c61.jpg

Bit of an indifferent pre season as we lost and we won. We got a great win over the big French club and against my former team. I will look to take the decent form into my league season.

Transfers - In

Tomas Svedkaukas - Free - A new number one for the club, good enough at this level, but should also only get better.

Emil Audero - Loan - Another keeper, will be my number 2 for this year

Federico Varano - Free - A decent midfield player who will be back up for the team throughout the year.

Marco Mariani - Free - Another back up midfield player.

Federico Cerieni - Free - A good defender who will be pushing for a starting spot this year

Eric Herrera - Free - The star of my summer signings this year, I am well happy with this lad think he could really add goals this year.

Alessandro Ponti - Free - A striker who will give me some more choice up top.

Transfers Out - A lot of players left the club but most of them were no longer of any use to me, save for Rigione and Bindi, which I did not want to let go.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - August- 2016/17

League

7ac30639-935f-4ec5-b6d2-9719972a59e6_zps052766b8.jpg

cbfcf6b3-c161-4fd8-9c44-e081b18020cc_zpsa2943c61.jpg

We have not made a great start getting a draw against Vigor and then a defeat against a team I was hoping to be challenging for promotion. Things must get better

Serie C Cup

5a052b31-816a-4876-bf09-cc6caf3a7140_zps71354600.jpg

e2ae85ac-ccca-4e87-b029-57ab9d9ca1b6_zps74d9c1ae.jpg

Rough ride in the Cup as we seem to be unable to beat Vigor, we just about got through the stage but just about is it.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - September-2016/17

League

8b030c3e-6e62-4a49-8c26-597fb9b255a9_zps399a4e1b.jpg

77dcfa68-f959-482a-b58e-5a499b340de6_zpsa20957a0.jpg

This month was always going to be a very important one as we had not had the greatest of starts thus far, if I really held any chance of promotion it was imperative that we began to record some points as soon as possible. We began the month with tough test against two teams who would be firmly entrenched in a relegation battle. Both games were remarkably similar as at the break we found ourselves 1-0 down after a poor first half. In both games we took control in the second half and scored late on to record a very decent win.

We then faced a very good side who I am certain will be at the top end come the final places. We played very well in the game but it was not enough as we fell short and fell to a defeat. I was still impressed with the play of the team as we are no way near as good as this side.

We ended the month with two excellent wins against another perennial Serie C teams. Both performances were fantastic and we looked very good in each of them. I am very confident moving into next month, my aim is to go the next month unbeaten as we try to solidify a promotion push.

Cup

c6e9c6df-535c-4c97-9dd6-1c807c647b79_zps783b69f9.jpg

In the Serie C Cup we faced the money bags of the Serie C world. They have spent a fortune this far and have even been in Serie B recently, so we knew it would be a tough task and we were not wrong. In a game where we were truly outclassed we saw and end to our Cup journey which if I am honest never really took off as well as I hoped it would do.

Transfers - In

Michael Ventre - Free - The only player who came in this month was somewhat of a coup for us. He looks excellent and certainly looks like he will be able to grab some goals for us in this season.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - October-2016/17

League

ac595592-88fd-48a5-9571-1ea2674c75b6_zps56ae8ea5.jpg

453ad0b3-b26c-4e55-8f54-1359b235574d_zps01aabf39.jpg

We began the month against a very poor side who I very much expected to beat. We had a superb first half which really killed off the game, or so I thought a truly awful 2nd half resulted in a draw. We came up against the worst side in the league next, who found them managerless just prior to the game. We were bloody awful and suffered an awful defeat.

We then faced another underperforming massive club, I wanted at least a draw here, we fell behind early on, we conceded again in the second half, we lost again. We then faced a club who I dislike immensely, we began well with an early goal, we conceded 2 goals in the second half to suffer another defeat.

We faced a mid table team next an scored again early on, again we could not hold on and could only get a draw. We ended the month against a team who had been doing surprisingly well this year, we got massively outclassed. I will be glad to get this month out of the way it was awful.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - November-2016/17

League

9f9562f1-76cf-4f14-b6ec-4af82bb6ac47_zpsb2b3c061.jpg

029b23d4-859b-4a92-b4be-e4861e9ebb43_zps8173e3ed.jpg

Another month begins with the best team in the league coming to us, I expected the worst. I needn’t had worried as we recorded a superb win over them. We then came up against another team who were underperforming this year, we again produced a superb performance to record an excellent win. Next up was one of the teams that were going better than they should have been this year, we took an early lead before being drawn level.

We then faced another recently managerless team, although they have since replaced him. A shocking first half left us with far too much to do. We faced another team who were doing slightly better than expected next, in a tight contest we recorded a decent win. Another game against another one of those nothing teams, in another very tight game we managed a point. Slightly better than last month but still little bit of improvement needs to be had.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - December and January -2016/17

League

bbd1d488-a3e6-41b2-8d71-6d36cb6d7f20_zps55ece5cf.jpg

d8e994f9-8e94-4ccc-9a90-e9baacec051e_zpscac837b6.jpg

Local rivals up next, a team that seem to have the luck over us. Once again we failed to do anything and suffered yet another defeat. Another big team were next up for us and I was non to confident, I was amazed to have such a fantastic result. The money bags of the league hosted us next, we didn’t have the greatest of starts, however the second half was excellent as we secured the win.

We then faced one of the former big clubs who fell from glory, we had one of the performances of the season with a great win. We again faced one of the biggest clubs in the league, a team we needed to beat, another close game but in the end we got a well deserved win.

Next we faced yet another team who should be doing much better in this league. We were amazing in another game which we bossed and secured another vital win. We ended a good month against a team I expect to be relegated this year, another extremely tight game (much tighter than the scoreline suggests) we were good enough to secure another good win. All in all a superb couple of months to fire us right into the promotion hunt.

Calcio and Me

I thought I would divert a little away from the general tale and share my obsession with Italian Football. It began for me in the early 1990s when I was away on a family holiday in Italy and my Dad took me to watch Livorno v Pavia, it resulted in a 4-3 win for Livorno and my obsession with them began. When ever I went away on holiday I was always taken to a game and as a result I have seen some pretty weird and wonderful teams. Non took me like Livorno.

As I grew older I began watching the Channel 4 Italian coverage and buying the Football Italia magazine. I always had a massive respect for Italian football because I was a Defender myself and I felt that Italians were simply the best at this. I managed to get over to Italy at least once a year to watch my beloved Livorno and became a massive fan of their star home town player Cristinao Lucarelli, here is a player who took a huge wage drop and a drop in divisions to play for his idol Igor Protti.

Eventually Livorno got promoted to Serie A for the first time since the 40s and it was around this stage that I began to form my own political beliefs and began to look into the background of clubs in Italy as political beliefs go hand in hand with Italian football. It so happened that Livorno shared many of my left wing sympathy’s, in fact they are referred to as ‘Red Livorno’ and are well known to be the most left wing club in the country, this is no small feat as many of the clubs lean towards the right.

Livorno’s journey in Serie A would last a short time but when we were there it was amazing. We have since returned but dropped again just as quick. I have also turned to books on Italian Football, in particular Calcio by John Foot and The Miracle of Castel Di Sangro by Joe McGuiness. I have also read a lot about the formation of clubs in Italy and the way the fascist regime effected the game. All in all I am obsessed with Italian Football in general and no doubt this will be shown in this thread as I reach new clubs and I delve into the history of them slightly more.

Sorry for boring you, the game shall return shortly.

Ah, I was just about to ask why you had Livorno as an aim.

Yeah it is not very clear that are not many English Livorno fans. Although when we got into Europe, we played Rangers in the UEFA Cup and I travelled over to watch it was odd seeing them play a British team. I never thought I would see them in Europe.

I have added another task to my aims.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - February-2016/17

League

3181a180-e57d-4748-b9e3-938e6b16ed2a_zps6630756a.jpg

2be35c5a-3573-4d7d-b7aa-97ed3c44dcae_zps8dab63b4.jpg

We began the month with a superb performance against a very poor side we recorded a fantastic win. Next up was a huge side one that should not be in this league, we were lucky to come out as winners in a close game.

We ended the month against two poor sides and only recorded a point. I was not happy. Were still right in the thick of a promotion battle but will need to improve.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - March-2016/17

League

0523ebc5-caa1-4229-86a9-b2387a903410_zps4b3e518b.jpg

44c1b6fd-91fb-4b2c-8839-aa723320fd13_zpsaaba8c3d.jpg

We began against a team I bloody hate. In a bloody horrible game we could only manage a bore 0-0. What an important game the next one was against the leaders, we fought hard but managed to sneak a very good win. We faced another one of the big teams of the league and managed to grab another draw in a thoroughly exciting game.

Decent month overall in what was a very tough set of games. We are still in with a shout and that’s all I wanted going into the month.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - April-2016/17

League

ec12103b-1357-423b-beb4-b7f833ce9d88_zpsa7ec9d4f.jpg

f7088c7c-960d-470c-abce-456588969568_zps12d52508.jpg

We began this month against an underachieving team, who I was desperate to beat. We managed to record an excellent win in yet another close game. In what is a close league we will obviously will come up against a let of rivals, up came another, we recorded another win, one more win will give us a playoff spot.

Another promotion rival came up next for us, we did not have enough as we were dismissed in a poor performance. We played a lower team that I expected to win, we did not win as we got beat. It left it down to the last game which I was nervous for, I needn’t had been as were battered them. Play off time.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - Playoffs -2016/17

League

d02fb6ec-823f-4524-a52c-23404917b627_zpsc386fb69.jpg

The first round was a tough game against a very good side, we had already done very well against this club and we did again to go through. Next up was a former huge side who were going to be tough. In two very tight games we edged through using the lottery of the penalties. We would face another team who were unfancied going into the playoffs in the final, we battered them in the first leg, before taking it easy in the second. PROMOTION

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie C1/C - End of Season 2016/17

League

A season of utter amazement. We began poorly and I was slightly worried for my job here in the South of Italy. I then began to turn it around and we began to play as well as I knew we could have done. We let ourselves down late on in the year as we did not keep up with the top and lost our chance of the title. We did an amazing job in the Playoffs to surprisingly be promoted.

Cups

Transfers - Finances

I basically just improved the squad everywhere whilst trying to get rid of some of the deadwood. Shocking finances, I would hope this would improve next year with TV money.

Player of the Season

1st - Alessandro Ponti - A superb striker who outshone the others, scored far more than I thought he was going to.

2nd - Michael Ventre - I thought he was going to be my more important striker but he played a support role and my word didn't he do it well.

3rd - Francesco Zampano - A wing back who I am certain will move onto bigger and better he is too good for me at this level.

Career Overview

2015/16      Catanzaro     Serie C1/C        13th     ******Joined in November****
2016/17      Catanzaro     Serie C1/C        4th               Promotion 

Next Season

After this amazing season, I just want to stay up next year with the big boys.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie B - Pre Season -201/18

League

bc08ddc5-6b2a-47c7-844f-edc9f5972ccb_zpsba8fd57d.jpg

Pre season was excellent for us we got some very good game time in with the squad and resulted some very good results against some decent teams.

I seemed to have also included my Cup game here, it was not good enough as we only managed to get a draw and lost on Pens.

Transfers - In

Niall Crawford - Free - Decent player to come in and add some depth into the squad, I am unsure as to how much game time he will get.

Frank Onyema - Loan - Very good player who will be in the first team from the out. He is a really good talent for us.

Davide Mondonico - Free - Just a squad player for the time being, I am hoping he will get better and become an important player

Ludvico Palumbo - Free - Decent right wing back more than likely the best presently at the club.

Luca Gioanne - Free - Another centre midfield player who will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Transfers Out - I decided to shift out a lot of players to make room for some slightly more quality players to try and help us cope in this league.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie B - September-2017/18

League

d99e6a3e-dd96-48ff-8510-2e63c2a6010c_zps816d098f.jpg

df61cec2-285a-499b-b6e4-496568fad74b_zps3b6eb933.jpg

We began the season against a side that I very much expected to be in the relegation battle with me for this next year, so it was already important. We were unable to hold onto our lead as they scored late on and we could only secure the single point. Next up was my old team, who I always want to beat, we were bloody brilliant as we recorded an excellent win over a very tough team.

Next up where one of the big boys of the league, this would be a first major test against a very good team. We performed very well as we managed to get a solid draw. We faced another good team next one that I felt had a very good squad, and one I felt may do something this year, in what was our best performance so far we recorded another superb win.

We then came up against a fairly small team and one that I would hope we could get something out of, in a game where both teams seemed to forget how to defend we came out on top. We then played a team similar to us, they had been Serie A team in the early 90s but again like us fell through the leagues. We managed to squeeze a good solid win. We then finished the month of with a game against another side that will be threatened with relegation this year, we ended the month with a disappointing defeat. All in all it was a superb month though.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie B - October-2017/18

League

ac0b37f0-0758-47f7-b4a3-89a4d2a79bb4_zps72ab401d.jpg

0af495d7-e29b-447b-9a0a-fa2c091ae42b_zpsf321e5d0.jpg

Another side who I am not sure will have enough to stay up this year. We were disappointing in this game and succumbed to loss. We faced another potential relegation candidate in a game that I think we really need to win, we destroyed them in a fantastic win.

We came up against a team who were in excellent form and that I was not sure we would have enough to beat. We did quiet have enough as we lost out in a close game. We then faced one of the big teams in the league in a match we were dominated in.

Catanzaro.png

Catanzaro - Serie B - November-2017/18

League

826c563b-2a07-451f-87d6-8c872d0362dd_zps332f087c.jpg

dfec6bf1-9194-463a-b0d7-bd687228d7d1_zps357d1373.jpg

First up I would face my team, a team that it would pain me to beat. I needn’t had worried as were well and truly outclassed. We faced another huge team next, I am still a little shocked to be facing teams of who are so well known, amazingly we managed to record a huge win I was shocked and amazed at such a win.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - November-2017/18

League

a5425b5d-cd51-42f9-b9d9-d316f04f2399_zpsc2533233.jpg

d6b7b788-6f0d-4d00-8757-1be8ca48ac68_zpsa656db91.jpg

Well my time in the South of Italy is over. I have moved to the northern city of Verona. To the Flying Donkeys.

I think in every career you look for that move from a lower league club to one with massive potential and a budget to support that. Here is mine. I always liked Chievo mainly because I hated Verona with such a passion, mainly due to the leanings of their fans. So Chievo were my club in the city. The name Flying Donkeys comes from the fans of the other club in the city believed that they would only reach Serie A when Donkeys could fly, but in the early 2000s they did reach the promise land.

Amazingly not only they reach Serie A but they also got into Europe which was fantastic for the club. In game they were relegated in the 14/15 season from Serie A and into Serie B where they have remained since, always at the top end of the league, however this year they are under performing massively.

My aim is to return them to Serie A. I am really excited about this club as I feel that I can take them onto much bigger and better teams. If things go well here it may well get me to one of the massive clubs in Serie A.

Forza Mussi Volanti

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - November-2017/18

League

4d327a36-fc6d-4905-9fb8-5f6b22f5e436_zpsee88a699.jpg

0d31c4f0-a069-4a7c-8627-217f884d307d_zps0cf83854.jpg

First game in charge I faced a poor team who were performing above themselves this year. I really wanted to begin the month with a win, we performed very well and managed to get a great win to start my tenure here. We then played my old club who I have a great amount of affection for, our class shown through in this game as destroyed the poor side.

Transfers - In

Luciano Allegrini - Free - Decent midfield player who I feel will only get better over time.

Soma Novothny - Free - Decent striker who will add some support and back up for what we already have.

Michael Svec - Free - Quality player who will fit into my system. He can play in many different positions in my squad so I happy to have him here.

Andrea Casiraghi - Free - Another striker one that I will hope to develop into a first team player.

David Ivan - Free - Centre midfield player who should have a decent career here. He will at first only be back up but should improve over time.

Giacomo Calo - Free - Similar to Ivan a player I will look to develop over the years.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - December-2017/18

League

f40f6269-3e1a-44e0-a631-f1f84a34021d_zps6a7ebfd2.jpg

9ff20167-5673-4abc-8658-652414609e02_zps3ce8d0d3.jpg

We faced one of the poorer teams in the league next and I was hoping to keep are good run going, unfortunately it was not to be as we failed to record a win and could only get the draw. Up next was a team that have been the best team this year in the league. We got a draw but in fairness I was fairly happy with it.

One of the biggest teams in the league came up next, I was hopefully just to remain unbeaten, amazingly we managed to record a very good win. I had a trip to my club next, Livorno had improved over the year and I really thought I needed a win here. We were not good enough and suffered my first defeat as manager here.

We then played another big team, one that I had a job interview before just before I joined my present club. It was a very close game and one chuffed to win. We closed the month off against another team who are performing beyond their expectations, I was hoping to get a good solid win over these. It was not to be as an awful first half gave us far too much to do in the second half.

Its been a bit of an inconsistent month, I do feel we are moving slightly more towards the playoffs spot which is where I have been tasked with reaching.

In the Cup we did not have a great game, as we were beaten by a team struggling in the league above. I was hopeful of getting through this round but it was not to be.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - January and February-2017/18

League

bfd86704-3004-48ce-a5fa-6d946568f394_zpse485f526.jpg

97a78364-490e-4305-936e-8e9d81b19fe9_zpsf567f6d4.jpg

We played yet another team who would be looking like a relegation will battle will be on their hands. We were awful in the first half and found ourselves 2-0 down. We came back into in the second half but we once again conceded and lost again. We then faced one of the favourites to go up, we did fantastic, this underlines our inconsistencies this year.

We then came up against one of the rivals that we will have for promotion. We did not play well in the first half and went behind. We failed to come back and ended up loosing again. We then faced another former Serie A team but faced they now reside in the middle of the park, we played really well and recorded a very good win. We finished the month with a game against another relegation candidate. We had a superb game and destroyed them and recorded a fantastic win.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - March-2017/18

League

6f829d67-e02e-4140-b60e-90d50cfd685d_zpsb5eceae3.jpg

3b622809-4738-4b24-8f59-d04f1862bb5f_zpse98c0fc8.jpg

We then faced up against a team who are chasing a playoff spot, I personally have a very good record against this team and I hoped to continue it here, we got destroyed by them I was less than pleased. We then faced the biggest club in the league who should really be running away with the league but are only 3rd, we got battered.

We faced another surprising team in this year’s league. I managed to squeeze a decent win out of this match. We managed to record another win in our next game in, this was superb it meant we were hung onto the play off spots. Also great because it was against the club that sacked me.

We then faced another relegation threatened team and we knew we needed to win to keep pace with other clubs. We recorded another win. We then faced our local rivals who had just sacked their manager, they were also chasing the play off spots so we needed to win. We battered them to keep the fans happy.

Just read through this during my break at work, very interesting stuff! I was surprised Chievo offered you such a big transfer budget!! All the best!

Cheers pal, I was amazed aswell. I can only suppose that they have recovered nearly £45mil in last few seasons in player sales.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - April-2017/18

League

2154b001-254e-4963-97ca-19b5840dce7c_zps3517d248.jpg

c95c3e84-fc5b-4c80-8ca4-74b2dd5681d2_zps80539c67.jpg

We looked fairly secure in the playoffs now but we must keep winning. We then faced another decent team in this league and we did it, we recorded another superb win. We then faced a team who are in the midst of a tycoon takeover so I am not sure if that is the best time to face them, we recorded a nice solid win to secure our place. We are in superb form at the moment.

Next up I faced my former club, it was my first visit to my old club and I was very anxious to get a win or at least a point. In the end we could only get a draw. We then faced a side who I had an awful personal record against, in the end the form carried on and we only got a draw.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - May-2017/18

League

2c6587a0-9615-49fb-ae98-32e76580296f_zps012ccab7.jpg

bc67bbfc-3e8b-41b6-bcd6-0a52d8251519_zpsc5873a43.jpg

My next opponents could be relegated if we won our next game, its never a nice position to be put in but I really wanted to win. We could only manage a draw in this match which was not great for us. We then played the runaway leaders of the league and needed a win, we perhaps unsurprisingly lost again. We played another big team who had been superb in the second half of the season.

We then played my club who had recently offered me a job interview which I had to turn down as I was not ready to leave my club yet. We won 2-0 in a great performance. I then faced another big team, another that had picked up in the second half of the season. We got beat in a very close team. We finished the season against a team that again I had a particularly poor record against, it didn’t get any better as again we only got a draw.

We managed to just about to squeeze into the playoffs were we played a very good Parma team. We were superb in the first leg where we absolutely took them apart, this put one foot into the final. We drew the second leg but that was enough to get through to the final. In the final we faced a team who had recently beat us, in the first leg we drew in a very close game. We quiet amazingly beat them away from home and secured promotion.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie B - End of Season 2017/18

League

An amazing season both here and in my past job, I was not expecting to do as well as I did with my first club and I expected to do a little better than I did as the squad and the budget I had we really should have done slightly better, but in the end we were promoted.

Cups

Transfers - Finances

Finances are ok, but I would expect them to get much better with Promotion. Lots of deals were done before I came, I tried to introduce some of my old Cantanzaro team but they were not as successful as I thought they may have been.

We got a lot of players in and sold a lot of the deadwood.

Player of the Season

1st - Roberto Soriano - A great performance from my centre midfield player, he performed well but I would like for him to score more goals from his position.

2nd - Luca Rizzo - Basically see above, another good performance but I would like for him to score more goals.

3rd - Gabrielle Marchegiani - A keeper I love, I singed him for my old club and again signed him here, he is superb and I would be expecting him to get better and better.

Career Overview

2016/17      Catanzaro     Serie C1/C        4th               Promotion 
2017/18      Chievo          Serie B         6th               Promotion

Next Season

Another year, another promotion I am becoming somewhat of a playoff specialist. Next year I am a little unsure as to what to expect because I do not think this club is good enough and will need more players so it will be a busy preseason.

Archived