You Gotta Go There To Come Back

ashton321

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - Pre Season -2018/19

League

fa388025-9e3c-4289-8d83-a411e188a269_zps79ac4e05.jpg

A decent pre season in which we got some decent results against some ok teams, it was important for to get the new players bedded into the squad which has been done, and they seemed to have done ok.

Transfers - In

Robson Florencio - Free - Goalie for the future, he will be here as a back up at least initially.

Renaldo Hysa - Free - Best player that I have signed this year, he is excellent and should be good for us this year.

Jereon Klomp - Free - Former Ajax player comes in as purely number three keeper in the squad.

Chris Raymond - Free - Former Chelsea man has come and will be a star here.

Jacques Carrie - £5million - A hell of a lot of cash was spent on this lad and I am keen to see how he develops. Great signing from Lyon

Aleluia - Free - Another striker to add depth up top.

Aaron Leya Iseka - Free - Former Anderlecht striker was surprisingly let go last year, he is a great prospect I will try to get him out on loan for a year.

Wesley Said - £3.1million - A player who could become one of the big things in this league. Former Rennes man will be first choice this year.

Mario Di Cecca - £215,000 - Former Melfi man comes in for the future, he has since left and gone out on loan.

Tiberiu Vasc - Free - Former Inter man who was signed for big bucks but then let go on a free, he is another for the future.

Transfers Out - A lot of players came into the squad, and a hell of a lot left the club, none of which will be missed too much.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on the play-off win, that 4-1 win against Parma is really something! I'm now in Italy as well playing as Tuttocuoio based in San Miniato between Livorno and Florence.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - August/September-2018/19

League

ee4f371e-50b7-405e-a4ce-b2a4bf53dce1_zpsb449ca54.jpg

7ee47550-140e-4bfb-9287-91677ecdd334_zps7486e505.jpg

It was a close contest in the Cup but we managed to get through against a very good side after a lot of pens in a very close shoot out. We began our league campaign against one of the powers in Serie A, we lost an early goal at the start of each half. We never really got into it. Next up were a team that came up with me so the type of team I need to be beating, two goals in the first half was a good start, and sealed the win.

Next up was one of the seven sisters who had been performing really well over the last couple of years, we held them for a while but could not hold out as we lost. We would play another of the big boys next, we got out classed a little in this and got beat.

We then faced a team that at one stage in this career, it was a high scoring first half. We had a goal disallowed late on, which meant we lost. Next up was one of the traditional big boys in Italy, another game another out classed.

Congratulations on the play-off win, that 4-1 win against Parma is really something! I'm now in Italy as well playing as Tuttocuoio based in San Miniato between Livorno and Florence.

Cheers pal, it well against our form.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - October-2018/19

League

dd5c3216-269b-40ad-86ad-cd55cf764c5c_zpsa0763ccb.jpg

ccf0bb96-d4e5-4455-90a2-4b3168942684_zpsa54b0b40.jpg

Another team who we went up where next, we managed to get a result in this with a little draw. We then faced the parent club, who were struggling this year. We managed to grab another point which is superb for us. We then faced the islanders who were doing ok this year, again we didn’t have enough and got beat. We then faced a team that have been overachieving for couple of years but have been caught up this year, we got a superb victory.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - November-2018/19

League

e0b8ca56-040b-48bd-b08c-7c41996fab02_zps1bd74bc4.jpg

595f90f8-e9f4-4165-bdf0-32b457159bfc_zpse1c8a590.jpg

We began with a very tasty game against another relegation embattled team, we didn’t have any where enough about us and we suffered with a defeat. We then faced another one of our rivals in Avellino, who managed to sneak a draw against. We had a break for the internationals but when we returned it was time to face one of the over performers of Serie A this year, once again we failed to do anything and suffered another defeat.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - December-2018/19

League

81f0cfc9-c0e0-48b9-ba50-c6f7d78b3dda_zpsb2ad0dde.jpg

243f2149-c1d8-48b9-b856-6619f49b7f82_zps8bde27a5.jpg

We then came against on one of the biggest teams in the league who had been struggling a little this year, we managed to get an excellent draw against them. We then faced a lower league team in the cup. We got through the round with relative ease as we took apart out opponents. We then faced another of the bigger teams in this league, we again didn’t have enough and got beat.

Our tough run of games carried on against on of the best teams in the league this year and a massive name in the league. Some how we managed to get a decent solid draw. We would then would play the biggest team in Italy and present European Champions, it was a close fought game but in the end we could not get a win. We then played another massive team in the cup, again we didn’t have quiet enough and lost.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - January-2018/19

League

90a1e420-baad-4bcc-b90e-8f0bddfc6481_zpsd103f8a7.jpg

930d2b15-a5c1-4592-b621-954e4c3dbff7_zpsab638de9.jpg

We began the month against one of our relegation rivals, I knew that a win here would be absolutely vital for our survival. We scored in the first and half and then one late on to secure a vital win. We then faced another team that I could do with getting points from, we got smashed in a very disappointing performance.

We then faced another of the big teams and last years cup winners, we managed to get a decent draw in a game that we expected nothing. Bottom of the league came to town next and we needed a win here otherwise it may be curtains for us this year, we managed to record an excellent win to keep us with a chance of staying up this year.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - February-2018/19

League

dbf282e2-0705-4c82-aa47-3ce67d16316f_zps1165a671.jpg

92ce4b2d-bab2-4134-a9d4-97306821cda7_zps8a9e2b81.jpg

We began the month against another big club who are not doing quiet as well as they should be doing. Amazingly we recorded a win which would probably go down as my win of the year so far. We then faced the cup finalists from the capital. We played very well in a very close game, we came out just behind.

We faced another team, who are over achieving this year, but again fell just short as we lost a very close game. We faced another massive club in Italy and again I was not too hopeful of getting anything. It was no surprise that we failed to win and succumb to a loss. We then faced a team who had been doing very well this year, they had come up with us last year. We were awful and once again suffered a disappointing loss.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - March-2018/19

League

9db0e8f4-5e62-4844-972f-c1cc66589b78_zpsbf030ee9.jpg

df66a70d-4a61-4777-887a-ffe39574fbcd_zpse110384c.jpg

We then faced our Parent Club, I knew again I would need to get at least a point. We again conceded lot of goals and was not great in the game at all. We played a team whose manager is under pressure next, we managed to secure a very useful win. We then faced another team who were struggling and another team we needed to beat. We only managed a draw but that may well be enough for us.

Up next was another game that I expected us to get at least a point out of. We managed to record a very solid win. In the next game we faced yet another one of our relegation rivals, in this most important month for us.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - April/May-2018/19

League

a5b7f3d4-c3e4-472e-b32d-47d0b44a7c01_zps97aa3be2.jpg

5a7dfb2a-7419-45a0-be69-a2f18fb376b7_zps686eda17.jpg

We began this month with a game against a team who currently reside in the top 6 of Serie A. We managed to record a win, which I think will just about leave us with a place in Serie A next year, this was my only aim this year. Up next we faced the underachievers of the league, I was not expecting anything from this game. We didn’t surprise anyone as we got beaten. We then faced another massive team, we recorded another fantastic draw.

Next up was the biggest team in Italy. Amazingly we recorded a win, in what is now the best result of the year. Another game who have like us gone from relegation to secure mid table team, we managed a very good draw. We then faced a team fitting for their lives, we got another excellent win.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - End of Season 2018/19

League

Another fantastic season, we were secure towards the end of the year and got some very good results against some very big teams. I was a little worried all year until very late on, in the end we looked a lot more secure than we actually were.

Cups

Transfers - Finances

Fantastic finances, as the tv deal in the big league really pays of for us.

Tried to bring in more quality into the club to help survive in Serie A and a lot of the deadwood was let go.

Player of the Season

1st - Wesley Said - One of my new players, had a little bit of a slow start but in the end shown that he was worth every penny spent on him.

2nd - Luca Rizzo - Another superb season from someone I thought may struggle, he really was excellent again.

3rd - Gabrielle Marchegiani - Another fantastic season from my favourite player at my club, this lad will be with me forever. He is fantastic.

Career Overview

Season      Club            League       Position     
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        15th     ******Joined in Jan*********  
2014/15      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        18th     ******Sacked October ******
2015/16      Catanzaro     Serie C1/C        13th     ******Joined in November****
2016/17      Catanzaro     Serie C1/C        4th               Promotion 
2017/18      Chievo          Serie B         6th               Promotion
2018/19      Chievo          Serie A         13th             Survival

Next Season

Next year, I will like to move up the Serie A table, getting closer to around 8-10th and not having to be so concerned for my safety all season.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - Pre Season -2019/20

4710dd64-4235-41a5-b62e-f80249d1f6dc_zpsca2f44af.jpg

A great pre season, where we got some fantastic results into the club. I was amazed at some of the results, all the players played well and we didn't suffer any real injuries so that makes it just about perfect.

Transfers - In

Ali Haydar Hildirim - Free

Daniel Aicart - Free

Erek Weghorst - Free

Mateo Mamome - £5 million

Rob El Atuaoi - Free

Marcelo Mendez - Free .

Julia Paniagua - Free

Carlos Ferrez - Free

Eduardo - £7million

Nem - Free

Wim Zwarthoed - £5.25million

Transfers Out - Many players left the club, mainly those going out on loan to feeder clubs to get experience for the coming years.

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - August- Mid January-2019/20

League

4ebe5f15-cbf4-4702-8749-24d000f82d94_zpsc93d8a3e.jpg

6fee2cc5-0a45-4443-bcef-95cfde0c2057_zps4bbd3397.jpg

Apologies for the lack of updates in this I got really into my save and it flew by really so have not been on a month by month. I think I prefer this way any way so here goes.

We began in the cup with a visit of my old club Nocerina we had a superb victory over these as we ran out 4-1 winners. We then opened the league campaign against the might of Milan I was not expecting too much from this and I was proven to be right, it was close but in the end the 2-1 defeat was about right. The final game that is not on the screenshot is the performance against Napoli perennial underachievers, we were dominant in this game as we recorded an excellent 2-0 victory over out Southern Parent club.

We recorded another 2-0 victory over one of the poorer sides in this league Pescara victories over clubs like this are going to be imperative for another year of survival at this level. We suffered a loss against Udinese in the most unitalian of games in a high scoring defeat. We then hosted Catania, this is a team who have cemented themselves as fixtures in this league and have even troubled the European places, truly an inspiration to my club, we recorded a fairly decent 1-1- draw.

We then had a horrible run of games against Fiorentina, Genoa and Roma all three teams showed how far above us they are by beating us easily in each of the game. We have a lot of work to do if we want to catch teams of this nature. We recorded some pride with a good point at home to Torino before once again succumbing to a superior team in Inter Milan.

We recorded two very solid and important wins over the two newly promoted sides of Parma and Padova, my theory is to keep beating sides like this and try and pick up the odd points elsewhere, these should keep our necks above the water. We played two more teams that I felt we needed to beat, unfortunately we did not beat either and suffered further defeats against Atalanta and Cagliari.

We returned to the cup exploits against a fierce local rivals. A lot of the time I think games against rivals can go either way and at the moment we are the much bigger team so I was keen not to loose against these as it was we beat Verona in a nervy affair. As it was their manager was sacked after loosing to us. This is the second time they have sacked their manager after loosing to us. We continued with two more vital games against struggling sides Modena and Crotone and draw and a win was not ideal but ultimately all points count in this league I just hope we don’t come to regret those two thrown away points.

We then played high flying Sampdoria in another high scoring game we managed to finish on the wrong end loosing in a very close game. Lazio and Juventus came next. I was expecting to get zero points from these two games so to get a point was excellent. I was however a little gutted that we were unable to secure any more in very close games. We then faced Juventus again in the cup, it was another close game, but this time we took our chances and knocked out the biggest team in Italy in a fantastic game.

All in all a decent start to the year, I am a little nervous as we seem to be standing on the edge of failure. In many games we have been a moment away from being fantastic and a moment away from being awful in equal measure. We have an extremely young team and I am hoping that they will continue to grow and develop. I have improved the club off the field by improving the Junior Coaching, Both Training and Youth Facilities and the Youth Recruitment Network.

I am getting a little frustrated here as I don’t seem to be able to get consistent results from the team, I think with the talent we have we would be one of the top 10 squads in the league. So in reality I should be performing a little better. I think I will see out the remainder of the season with this club (unless something amazing comes up) I may then look to pastures new knowing that I have left the club in a far better place then when I came. I am not sure who or what would be next for me as I am not sure I have high enough reputation to get a big job, and with where I am now it may just be a sidewards move so who knows. I will be looking in the summer and if nothing comes up then I will remain where I am. (This could possibly be a rant as I have played a couple of months ahead of this and I am not too happy with that so it could just be me being a little bit annoyed at the moment).

ChievoVerona.png

Chievo- Serie A - January/February-2019/20

League

33e12173-d83c-4f55-8b55-4dd301e8c4ed_zps40829239.jpg

6d26c726-c626-43f0-9454-61132de4353c_zps1143ac20.jpg

We had a really awful last couple of months here going out of the cup and loosing in the league. I was not good enough for the club.

A new job came up one I could not turn down.

32dd5274-132d-41c2-8791-d1e652bbf9f4_zps4d0a5ed4.jpg

18825658-dbab-43af-b03b-0c34ab2b9c8b_zps6c6249c6.jpg

215dbede-3eb6-41ba-8680-563f6e509026_zpsd9ef5a89.jpg

ba981ac3-c1b1-4a76-bf13-e6c810a72ea6_zps02f60161.jpg

250px-SS_Lazio.svg.png

I suppose its time to discuss why Lazio. Well firstly I will deal with my reasons for leaving Chievo, it was always a stop gap and a stepping stone to a much bigger club. I felt that I had left them in a much better position and was unsure as to how much further I could have taken the club. I reached a semi final of the cup and secured a third season in the top flight for them so I think all in all, I was able to move onto a bigger club. I think it is a fairly realistic move as well.

So Lazio, a team wrongly connect and to the far left and to the fascist regime in Italy. Those of you who have read this thread will understand my hatred towards the right wing. With Lazio they were wrongly connected to Mussolini as his team, mainly for two reasons. The first was that by an official decree teams in and around Rome were first to merge to make Roma and to have a strong capital club, Lazio stood firm against this and Mussolini let this slide. The second reason was that of Piola a superb striker from the Pre War era, he was at Pro Vercelli and had accepted an offer to go to Inter Milan to partner Guiseppe Mezza, however Mussolini thought this would make Inter far too strong and as a result Piola was sent to Lazio. This only added to the belief that Lazio was his team, as Piola went onto to become one of the greatest scorers in Serie A scoring 290 goals.

Lazio have had two great teams the one of the early 70s which was famous for being quiet frankly mental, they once had a fight in a restaurant with (Ipswich or Arsenal, I cannot remember which one), funnily enough it was over the Lazio players giving the English Team manbags as a present. The Englishman of the early 70s was not quiet ready for these.

They also had a superb team in the early 2000’s and late 1990’s funded by a wealthy backer who was not all that he promised (a common theme in Italian Football at this stage), they had Sven in charge and some superb payers like Crespo.

Since then Lazio have really fallen away, they have failed to challenge for anything in game or out of game and find themselves as a solid mid table team. My aim with them is to make them a force in Europe, I would love to win a Serie A with them but I am not sure how possible that will be considering the strength of Juventus, Milan, Inter, Roma and Napoli and the new players in the League like, Genoa, Catania, Cagliari and Sampdoria. All in all I have an extremely tough task but one that I cannot wait to begin. Apologies for the really long introduction, I am a little excited by this.

250px-SS_Lazio.svg.png

Lazio- Serie A - March/End of Season-2019/20

League

6ecaa1d5-c901-4770-a37a-3a45a87abce2_zpsc0990209.jpg

830cc0a4-388d-4619-bf40-cd08a30badb4_zps980fd439.jpg

I began my tenure in Lazio with a game against the Udinese a fairly decent sized club who were operating at a higher level than me this year. In end we recorded an easy enough victory to make it a great start for me. We then faced another decent side in Catania, we secured a very good victory in what was an extremely close game. We then faced a team who had suffered very much like us Fiorentina, they share a similar history and we have similar squads now. It was very close but they were awarded a somewhat dubious penalty in the last minute to secure a win and inflict my first defeat.

We played last years league champions next in Genoa we had a very strong first half and that was enough to get us a good win. Up next was the most important fixture in the calendar the Roman Derby we started off slowly and found ourselves behind in the early stages, in the end we fought back but it was not quiet enough to get the win. We managed to secure very good wins against some very good sides in Torino, Inter and Parma.

We finished the year against teams at the bottom of the table, we played Padova first and we could not quiet hold onto our win. We then suffered another defeat against a very poor Atalanta. We then hosted my former club, I had mixed emotions to see us win by a single goal. This left things interesting.

We were 8th and would play an already relegated side.

Inter who were 9th hosted Udinese who were 7th.

7th this year would be good enough to secure a European spot. Udinese were 3 points ahead of us. But we had a slightly better goal difference.

We did our part by beating Modena and thankfully Inter recorded a win that was enough to put us into European competition next year. Fantastic.

250px-SS_Lazio.svg.png

Lazio- Serie A - End of Season 2019/20

League

Not much to say that has not really been said, a decent end to this year with my new team.

- Finances

Look a bit sketchy but with TV money and Europe next year we should be fine with this.

Player of the Season

1st - David Nilha - Looks like a me type of player, was excellent for me toward the end of the year, someone I see having a big future with me for a while yet. I would imagine he would get more time next year.

2nd - Giacomo Bonnaventura - I am not sure if he will be with me next year, I have my eye on slightly younger better players, but still an excellent player for me so far.

3rd - Ander Herrera - I am split between moving him on and keeping him. He was excellent for me in my short time here but I want to move to younger more mobile type of squad, and I think this is the last year I could get real money for him. I may well give him one more year due to Europe

Career Overview

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        15th     ******Joined in Jan*********  
2014/15      Nocerina      Serie C1/B        18th     ******Sacked October ******
2015/16      Catanzaro     Serie C1/C        13th     ******Joined in November****
2019/20      Lazio            Serie A         7th               Europe

Next Season

Europe has to be the aim next year, I also feel like its time for me to make my mark on the Hall of Fame, I would like some sort of title.

Excellent start at Lazio as well, 7th place is their best for a long time.

Cheers pal, it was great but I could not help but think what if, we had been stronger in the last few games, we could have gone even higher up the league. Never mind though onwards and upwards for next year.

250px-SS_Lazio.svg.png

Lazio- Serie A - Pre Season -2020/21

9250f9ad-b4cb-49d5-a6fc-602af2ab4c7e_zps58df52dc.jpg

So my first preseason in Lazio, was always going to be a busy one and I was keen to put my stamp on the transfers as much as possible.

Firstly I will deal with the outgoings, Stefano Magnasco was not a player I valued very much and I felt that his wage was far too high, so the offer came in to take him on loan and pay most of his wages I jumped at the chance. Kostas Stafylidis, a decent player that I would have kept for next year but I felt that the offer and getting rid of his wages was a good call so I decided to let him go from us.

Kostas Mitroglou same story as Stefano, but this time I knew I was also going to be bringing in plenty of strikers so he was let go. He was being paid £44,000 per week so that was good to get rid of all that. The free transfers that left were all players that were young and no way near the grade needed to cut it here.

Matej Vydra I must have changed my mind so many times about this one. He genuinely is a good player and was good for me last year. He was on £60,000 which I felt was far too high for his ability. He was 28 and I felt that the offer made was a little too much, all that with the new players coming into the club gave me the decision to let him go. He was not one of the ones I had planned to let go but I do feel like the right decision was made.

Now for the exciting bit the incomings. Gianluca Pasquini and Balde Keita and Fabio Carozzo were as a result of the crazy part own deals here in Italy. I feel that Gianluca and Fabio may have a chance to make some first team appearances in the future if they continue to improve but Balde will probably be on his way out.

I then fell foul of the Part Own deal myself as I decided to take a chance on a old favourite of mine Wesley Said should continue to develop as Chievos number 1 striker next year, I will have a look next year and probably try to get him in full but only on the cheap, I believe it is definatley a gamble worth taking. Stejepan Trepsic looks a world beater, he will be one of my front line strikers this year and I think he will score a lot of goals. I am very excited about the prospect of this bloke.

Cacau another I debated he wanted the best part of £40,000 per week which is slightly more than I want to pay anyone really. He looks like he could be a very good creative linchpin in this side and I would expect his assists to come in very handy for next year. Jose Romario now here is a player, I think I may have gotten a little bit of a steal with this young lad, versatile looks like he can play anywhere, will get a load of game time this year because of that all in all super excited about him.

Narcisse Kone signed when it looked like Vydra would go as his replacement, I think he is already slightly better and has buckets of room for improvement. May find himself of the bench a lot this year but will get games in Europe and the cup. Kevin MacKinnon more one for the future could develop into a handy centre half, it’s a position of need at present for us so he will already add depth.

I promised myself I wouldn’t but I did. I went to Chievo again, I felt we needed a couple of players that had potential. Firstly was the keeper I wanted Gabi to follow me but he was wanting far too much wage for my liking. I went instead for Erik Weghorst a keeper I signed on a free last year and sent out on loan. It looks like he has developed nicely so will be a very good addition for us, as with centre half this is a position of need so I will look to get someone else in for next year. Finally I signed one of my favourite players, someone I signed on a free from Udinese years ago Luciano Allegrini, still only young and will improve over time a belter of a player who was the very picture of consistency for me in the past.

All in all I was happy I wanted to do the following in this pre season:

1. Reduce wage bill

2. Add more depth

3. Make squad younger

4. Improve quality

I managed to achieve all of these aims, so all in all I am very happy with my dealings on it.

I was not too worried about the friendlies as I would spend the time on the squad, we didn’t play that great in them anyway.

Transfers - In

Wesley Said

Stjepan Trepsic

Jose Romario

Narcisse Kone

Kevin MacKinnion

Cacau

Erik Weghorst

Luciano Allegrini

Transfers Out

9b55bb4b-9f4d-4b47-9c05-06c76291942e_zps619c4676.jpg

I am too annoyed about this to comment.

I am going to mix this up

Career Overview

2020/21      Lazio            Serie A         N/A              Didnt last anywhere near long enough

Next Season

Wow. Did you play any games in the season? What happened?

I played a few, lost them all. Got beat in Euro League by a Bulgarian team so all in all was not great. I am going to switch up the challenge a little as Italy is killing me.

logo_0004_03.png

975be2eb-e6ed-40d7-bf50-dc2ea9203f83_zpsc87daea4.jpg

1dea98f2-1852-481e-817d-15dedc761612_zpsecf93749.jpg

504318fe-c7fe-4648-913a-2596cb13a931_zpsd3ee506b.jpg

Well where to begin.

Things did not go well for me in Italy. I felt that I tried to do everything that I could possibly do but I could not stop loosing the games and I had a fall out with the board which I leaked to the press. I apologised but it did no good.

When I left I had a look at other clubs but I didn’t find anywhere that tickled my fancy so I decided it was time to broaden my horizons and for the first time I decided that I may leave Italy. As I did a new job came up with a former power MTK in Hungary.

Most famous on here probably for Deltablue epic adventures with them years ago, but they were once a force in Hungary. In game they have won nothing at all. This is something I will look to change with them.

I still aim to return to Italy in the future and I still intend to go to Torino, Livorno and Genoa and I still aim to become the most successful Italian manager in game which Ancelotti (I chose Italian as my nationality as I felt I would stay there.)

I hope all those who have read so far will continue to read even though I have left Italy and will continue to comment. As I say Italy was killing me.

logo_0004_03.png

MTK- Division 1 - Jan-June-2021/22

ca71448e-e3ac-41b2-bfd0-fa6dfcda0a69_zpsf000705d.jpg

5f21d18a-b6c3-4fe3-99c6-ca47926462de_zps0976a059.jpg

I began my reign here in the league cup against lower league outfit Ajika it was an example of been superkeepered as they manage to secure what for them is an excellent win. Up next was Ujipest in the league. We did excellent as we were winning until late on when they equalised. We then faced Ajika in the second leg of the cup, we were much better and got a very good win to move us into the next round. We then hosted Puskas Akademia who made us look a bit daft as they dispatched us easily.

We then faced Paks, I knew at this stage a win was vital and thankfully we had our best performance so far for me in a great win. We then had the League Cup quarter final against Pecs things seemed to click in this game as we destroyed them. Next up we hosted Papa, I was confident we could record a win. We didn’t as we suffered a defeat. We then faced Pecs in the leg of the cup again we won, to reach the semi final.

We faced Haladas in the league next and I was desperate for a victory, we were again beaten and I was starting to get a little worried about my job here. We hosted a decent Tatabanya next, in another vital game, not only was I starting to get a little concerned about my job but our safety in this league was also a slight concern now, we recorded a vital win.

We went to ZTE next in a good old fashioned relegation battle, in a very close game we managed a great win. It was a return to cup action next in the semi final in the league cup against Diosgyor, I obviously wanted to win it but it was not vital, we lost in a very close game. We then faced a good Pecs side in another game that I really wanted to win to try seal our safety. Things seemed to have clicked a bit more now as we recorded another superb win.

Next up was the other leg of the semi final against Diosgyor, we got an early goal to get level, in the second half we scored again, they scored to make it a nervy end in the end we actually managed to score another and this put us through to the final. We returned to the realities of the league next against on of the biggest teams in the country Videoton, it was over in the first half as we got battered. Kecskemet were hosts next up, they looked like being relegated and I wanted to win badly, we drew in an awful game.

Next up we faced Papa in the final. This is my first ever final and my first ever chance to win a title I really wanted to win. We went behind early which was not great, we equalised on the verge of half time. It would lead to an awful nervy second half where both clubs didn’t seem to what to push too much. They went ahead again through a lucky goal, they scored again and it looked like I would have to wait longer for my first cup win.

We then went to one of the old clubs in the league Honved we managed to secure a very late draw in an extremely close game. We then faced already relegated Gyor we were bloody awful and suffered another defeat.

logo_0004_03.png

MTK- Division 1 - End Of Season-2021/22

League

Cup

Well where to begin, after the shock move over to Hungary the first thing I noticed was that how close the league was. I felt that a really good set of wins could rocket us up the league, unfortunately they never came and we were very inconsistent. We had an amazing run in the league cup going all the way to the final, we didn't really turn up as we were dispatched with relative ease.

Transfers- Finances

The finances look ok, I have got rid of a lot of players who were either very old or were draining the wage budget, I signed a load of young Italians as I felt that this would be a realistic thing to have happened if an Italian manager moved abroad, I also felt that they could really improve my squad no end.

Player of the Season

1st - Danijel Romic - One of the existing squad members really solid centre half. Not sure if he will get any better but was excellent this year for us.

2nd - Gabor Ban - One of the youngsters that have come through the ranks here over the last few years, didn't really get much game time under my predecessor but I used him and he was excellent for us since I came in, he will have a much more prevalent role next year.

3rd - Alessandro Vannucchi - An excellent keeper I brought in, was a star this year and will be for me for a while yet.

Career Overview

2020/21      Lazio            Serie A         N/A              Didnt last anywhere near long enough
2021/22      MTK             Division 1     11th           *****Joined in Jan******

Next Season

Next year it would be to move into the top 6 of the league and to grab one of the cups that would be open to us.

logo_0004_03.png

MTK- Division 1 - Pre Season-2022/23

eccbc4d3-3483-4412-8878-e9f3a19fea87_zps49871757.jpg

Not really a lot to say here to be honest. We had a good preseason in terms of results and I managed to ship out more of the ageing expensive players who I could replace with younger cheaper players.

Transfers - In

Fabio Vitolo

Christian Simeoni

Sadio Badiane

Nicola Zappia

Victor Martinez

Ahmada Abdou

Ciro Cioffi

Guiliano Di Donato

Transfers Out

logo_0004_03.png

MTK- Division 1 - End Of Season-2021/22

f2ae1f27-e39b-463d-a00e-a31f2347df4b_zps0a3a30f6.jpg

The new season began with a trip to Ujipest I was keen to get off to a good start this term. We went behind within 10 minutes, we were no way near good enough as we suffered a defeat. We then hosted another decent side in Diosgyor again we did not play well as we were beaten yet again. Next up was Puskas Akademeia we managed to rescue a last minute draw. We then faced the huge side Videoton unsurprisingly we again got beat in a game where we did not but anywhere enough of a fight.

Next up was a vital game against Paks, we again got beat. We then won one and drew one of our next 5 games and it was all over for me.

Career Overview

2021/22      MTK             Division 1     11th           *****Joined in Jan******
2022/23      MTK             Division 1     N/A              Sacked

So where too next,

If I am honest I feel like giving up and throwing the PC out of the Window. I think though that I may try and do something a bit random, I think the big issue I have had in all my teams is the amount of players being signed and then being let go. I need more consistency, I am amazed that this far into my career I have still not won anything. I think I must be the worst manager in the World

Wow, at the moment you're having one of those saves where nothing seems to be going right :( Keep at it and eventually things will turn around!

Wow, at the moment you're having one of those saves where nothing seems to be going right :( Keep at it and eventually things will turn around!

Cheers pal, I literally cant seem to get a job anywhere though at the moment.

Cheers pal, I literally cant seem to get a job anywhere though at the moment.

What is your rep now? You'll probably have to start in lower leagues again :/

Logo-Ghana-Football-Associa.jpg

When things have gone wrong for others the place that seems to have turned round for them is the Ghana job and here I am, trying to emulate the likes of Delta and SRL who have been here in the past.

32933fa3-9a3f-4440-9784-819fbd6ad446_zps161bcaca.jpg

Things have not gone too well for Ghana in the best few years they have not qualified for a World Cup in game and have only got past the quarter finals in the African Nations Cup once in the first one in game.

My aim will to be here for a while to try and get Ghana to the top and hopefully to win the ACN.

Hopefully this will get me going again in this save as since I left Chievo things have gone wrong

Archived