Vote for my captain

I'm trying to decide who out of these three players should be my captain. I've got my own personal view, but out of interest I'd like to see what people think. The first 2 are absolute guaranteed first team players, the third will make my bench and wouldn't technically or physically weaken my team.

i'm playing as Finn Harps, Irish League Division 1. I want to play a fairly fast, short passing game with high pressing to unsettle the opposition, using a basic 4-4-2 system.

My current Captain is Kevin McHughes. Thirty three years old, a striker with a fairly loyal personality who has been at the club 12 seasons, over three seperate periods. His Leadership is 15, Determination 13, Decisions 12 and Bravery 8. I know they're not usually 'captain attributes' but considering the way I want to play, I also consider his Teamwork and Work Rate, which are 4 and 7 respectively

The second candidate is Mickey Funston, a fairly determined 28 year old midfielder with 9 years of his 12 year career spent with the Harps. Like McHugh, he has played for us in both the First and the Premier Division. His Leadership is 13, Determination 16, Decisions and Bravery 5. His Teamwork is 8, his Work Rate 13.

Finally we have a bit of a curve-ball, who I think might be better suited to vice-captain to one of the other two. But lets see what you think. Jonny Bonner is a fairly professional midfielder, who at 21 has only 1 pro season under his belt, playing for Harps in 9 matches last season. His Leadership is 13, Determination 10 and Decisions 8. His Bravery is only 1, while his Team Work is 7 and his Work Rate 10.

Age Leadership Determination Decisions Bravery Teamwork Work Rate Personality Number of Seasons for Finn Harps

Kevin McHugh 33 15 13 12 8 4 7 Fairly Loyal 12

Micky Funston 28 13 16 5 5 8 13 Fairly Determined 9

Jonny Bonner 21 13 10 8 1 7 10 Fairly Professional 1

In terms of Leadershop, McHugh obviously wins hands down. But, given that I want my game plan to revolve around hard work and cohesive play as a single unit, be it as a whole or the defence, midfield or attacking lines, I would think Funston and Bonners superior teamwork and work rate, plus their more positive personalities, would make them more suitable for my captain. Also, my midfield are among the hardest working and most creative in the division, currently the only area where I really stand up to the division averages, so i'd think a midfield general would work best. But I leave it up to you....who do you think I should go with? I'll set up a second save so that I can implement your decision. Lets give it, say, one week. Thanks!

I try to pick whoever is well liked and respected in the side so I go through the 'good relationship' column to see who that is. Typically it's the players with the highest CA that is mentioned. As long as a player like that has also been in the side for a while and has good leadership qualities, the team will be delighted.

Another aspect I hope can be fulfilled is his personality/media handling, and especially I prefer him to be able to handle pressure and be both ambitious and professional.

The pressure attribute can be especially difficult to nail down, but the ideal captain for me is 'Unflappable'

None of yours really seem to stand out, but I can imagine it's difficult on that level. What are their media handling descrpitions and who has the highest rated CA of the three?

Changing the captain for no good reason may well cause off field problems so stick with McHughes tiil he retires but make Funston vice captain with a view to becoming captain eventually. There is little in Bonner to indicate captain material, especially his lack of games and experience, so I would not consider him at all. The Leadership and Determination attributes are more important than the technical ones.

Changing the captain for no good reason may well cause off field problems so stick with McHughes tiil he retires but make Funston vice captain with a view to becoming captain eventually. There is little in Bonner to indicate captain material, especially his lack of games and experience, so I would not consider him at all. The Leadership and Determination attributes are more important than the technical ones.

I'm with FrazT, unless you have a particular reason to change captains I would stick with McHugh, Funston as vice captain.

Archived