Anyone managed in OZ, or China, or another 'big potential' nation?

Hi all,

Trying to design a new challenge for myself, was thinking of maybe trying to bring a new nation to the top of the league reps - I want to start with a county that has enough potential though.

I tried it once with Ireland, gave all the clubs a sugar daddy, but even after 10 years none of them really took advantage of it - I was in the CL on a reg basis but it was slow going.

I wonder if OZ has more potential, do they clubs have big fanbases there? I don't mind editing the TV money a bit and giving the clubs a sugar daddy so they start going for high profile signings from abroad. They have a few ok sized stadiums, do these have good expansion potential?

I also looked at China, some big clubs there it seems, any issues with work permits and such though? Maybe the economy is too poor? I.e not alot from matchday revenue. That probably also rules out South America.

Maybe Russia? USA is too complex with the rules, I guess it might work if I removed those though with the editor.

I was thinking of also adding a route into the champions league, I know that is a bit far fetched but it would help the rep alot and it's always nice to pitch yourself against the very best sides.

So does anyone have experience in managing in a nation they might think is ripe for a mass rep increase project? I really want a bunch of teams in that nation/league to be raising there rep, not just me.

Ukraine? They could do with a bit of cheering up right now... might be a bit complicated managing Sevastapol mind you...

I had a great time managing their national team back in FM2012 - there are some fantastic homegrown stars, and the league actually has a pretty good UEFA coefficient.

I tried India once, and that was disappointing for a country with such massive real world potential. Impossible to compete financially with clubs from other Asian countries, the domestic league has a ridiculous rule limiting foreign players a and there's no option of naturalization for the ones you have. Oh, and the native players are all atrocious, but it's near impossible to keep a job long enough to build the kind of war chest you need to develop good enough youth facilities to compete; you can't work far enough within budget to make a profit fast enough and win things.

Dynamo Kyiv play at the Olimpiyskiy - 70,000 capacity, built for the Euro Championship they joint hosted with Poland.

They have an intriguing history - when Ukraine was occupied by the Nazis in WW2, the Dynamo team (plus a few players from other clubs)

were "invited" to play a match against Flakelf, the German Army team, which was at that time undefeated (but presumably not getting many friendlies.)

The game finished 5-1 to S̶l̶y̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶l̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶P̶e̶l̶e̶ the plucky Untermenschen Underdogs, and went on to inspire many a tale.

The dark side of the story is the fate of the players - over the next six months, eight of them were arrested by the Gestapo, tortured, sent to concentration camps or simply shot outright.

Might give a bit of an edge to taking Munich's Champions League title off them!

Be a man and make Wales the greatest nation! Or download an editor file that brings forth some weird countries like Bhutan or Swaziland. (last time I checked, a guy has bothered of activating almost every possible imaginable league for FM14.)

Alternatively, try Mexico. They amount of good prospect they produce is mind boggling. Japan can also work and you would be replicating real life as well, since they are starting to bring forth some world stars lately.

Archived