[FM14] I'm Fausto, I'm Spanish. Can i have a job?

kris0710

Fausto Villaverde

This is the 26 year old Spaniard, former Semi-Pro footballer from Madrid that will undertake a European Journey of wins, draws and losses.

The Countries and Leagues

Belgium - Second League

England - Sky Bet League One

France - French National

Germany - German Second Division

Italy - Serie B

Holland - Jupiler League

Portugal - Portuguese Second League

Scotland - Scottish League One

Spain - Spanish Second Division B

Switzerland - Swiss Challenge League

Finding a Job

I won't be applying for any jobs straight away so I fully expect my first role to be at a club fighting relegation. Also I will be avoiding England as a first stop unless I get desperate.

Here we go...

:lol:

That was the reaction from most jobs, ok it was all jobs until Mid-December.

fv-toledo-dec13_zps63810aa9.png

My first interview comes from a side in 14th place in the Spanish Second Division B2. Outside the bottom four by a point and level with Amorebieta who are in the Relegation Play-Off position.

fv-toledo1-dec13_zps00a64492.png

That was a quick response. Initially very interested in the role the expectation of 'Win Promotion' is a little optimistic.

fv-cdt_zpsb3383ab8.png

C.D Toledo

Spanish Second Division B2

Club Background

fv-background-dec13_zps50362839.png

Club Facilities

fv-facilities-dec13_zpsbac11e1d.png

First Team Squad

fv-squad-dec13_zps26aa96f7.png

A decent spine to the team it appears which gives me something to work with. Only having a contract until the summer makes planning ahead more difficult.

League Table

fv-table-dec13_zps50166fdd.png

Interestingly, Toledo is a surname I sometimes give my manager in game if I want him to be Spanish/Portuguese ha. Good luck with this game :)

Thank you, I may need it. :D

I always use my name but wanted to start away from England and whilst watching El Classico I thought Spanish would be the choice for me. Asked the Mrs for a random name and she came up with nothing so Google - Random Name Generator and there was the birth of Fausto Villaverde

fv-cdt_zpsb3383ab8.png

C.D Toledo

December 2013/14

fv-res-dec13_zps7978ef60.png

The opening game had very little input from myself as it came on the day I was appointed. The assistant picked the 16 players for the match day squad but given the amount of injuries we have currently it was all the available players! Things started very well with us taking the lead after twenty minutes but the home side fought back after the break scoring on 55 and 73 minutes. My first home game in charge got off to the best of starts, three goals up inside twelve minutes. A goal a piece from the front two before midfielder Mateo scored from a free kick.

fvtabdec13_zps1d21600d.png

Up next in January is leaders Huesca away then two of the next three are against the sides in 18th and 19th. The transfer market opens too, although with the club over spending by £1.5pw it has to be sales before arrivals which is made harder given the current injury status of six players.

Looking forward to this after the success of the last thread - good luck fulfilling those absurd expectations! :thup:

Thank you, can already feel the love for the game pouring back. :thup:

At the least board don't expect us to be Champions, I mean, we are only 26 points behind.

fv-cdt_zpsb3383ab8.png

C.D Toledo

January 2013/14

fv-res-jan14_zps6ec3349f.png

A pleasing month to kick off 2014. Lost out to run away leaders Huesca in a very entertaining game. After running the show in the first I was disappointed with the start to the second half that saw us concede twice within fifteen minutes. From then on though we again bossed the middle of the park but lacked a finishing touch. In the last minute a header from Rufino gave us a chance which was almost taken in the 94th minute as we hit the post. Next up was a comfortable home win over Getafe B, scoring three without reply. A first draw under my charge was a little disappointing as we did enough to win the game before a trip to strugglers Puerta Bonita brought us my first away win in charge. The better side throughout if we had someone a little more clinical up top it could have been five or six.

fv-tab-jan14_zpse99e4991.png

Going well but certainly not out of danger yet.

January Transfer Window

Did no deals this month which is not ideal. With the wage budget spent and some I can't recruit without selling. With no takers for the higher earners we are in limbo and to make matters worse of the eight top earners only one player is out of contract this summer. Those eight players take up 60% of the wage budget so even if I am offered a new deal in the summer I will be lumbered with over paid players. :thdn:

fv-cdt_zpsb3383ab8.png

C.D Toledo

February 2013/14

fv-res-feb14_zps942b39ff.png

It may only be six points from twelve this month but that is a great return considering the opposition. We kick off February taking a beating at Athletico B who scored twice in the opening twenty minutes before sealing the win mid way through the second half. Next up saw us hosting and beating 4th placed Fuenlabrada thanks to goals at the beginning and end of the first half. Another 4th placed side were up next, Leganes and despite taking an early lead we were pegged back quickly and went on to lose, my first home defeat in charge. Expected little from the trip to 2nd placed Real Union but what we got was totally opposite. Two goals to the good before the home side struck right on half time. Two very tight offside calls went our way in the second half as we clung on the three valuable points.

fv-tab-feb14_zps8345b96a.png

The opposition eases up next month with matches against two of the bottom five, two sides around us in 9th and 12th before ending with a trip to 4th placed Sestao River.

fv-cdt_zpsb3383ab8.png

C.D Toledo

March 2013/14

fv-res-mar14_zps4c3ac206.png

Almost a perfect month but it ends in disappointment as our slim Play Off hopes look to have been extinguished. March started with a good comeback against Las Palmas. After falling behind in the ninth minute a goal in each half from top scorer Rufino saw us home. We put in a top performance at home to Real Madrid C scoring twice in the first half before each side traded penalties. The scoring was complete thanks to a Mateo free kick that flew into the top corner. Two victories followed against two struggling sides although we were far from at our best in either. A quick fore double from Ramos turned the match in our favour at home to Tudelano before we saw off Pena Sport without either of the top two scorers who were missing through injury. They returned for the big trip to Sestao River knowing a win would put us within four points of a Play Off place. Never really looked like getting the win though, even when we levelled through an own goal just before the break. Attack after attack came from the home side and finally our defence caved for a second and third time in the final ten minutes.

fv-tab-mar14_zps63c46696.png

With six games remaining relegation is a long way off. Look to have a good shot at finishing as high as 5th which would be some achievement.

Youth Candidates

fv-youth-mar14_zpsa09f0878.png

Just the one player to be kept on from this group.

Pablo Antonio

fv-Antonio-mar14_zps620fcea0.png

fv-cdt_zpsb3383ab8.png

C.D Toledo

April 2013/14

fv-res-apr14_zps4689db10.png

With not so much to play for in the final six games I have used the matches to give fringe players a run out and work out who I want for next season, assuming I am still here. The month start with defeat to Real Sociedad B who in all honestly battered us, until they went 3-0 up. From that moment the fight back was on and in the end we were unlucky not to grab a point. A trip to struggling Conquense saw us record a comfortable 2-0 win with Rufino scoring for the final time this season. In the next match Rufino was forced off after 72 minutes with a torn hamstring and replacing him was youth product Pablo Antonio making his debut for the club. He wasted little time in scoring as his struck just as the clock ticked onto the 90th minute. We end April with another dour showing allowing Amorebieta to win at a canter.

fv-tab-apr14_zpsf091508a.png

11 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses since you've been there. Definitely doing well in turning the fortunes of the club around, although as you say, bit unrealistic ambition from the owners perhaps!

Keep it up, big push for promotion next season!

11 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses since you've been there. Definitely doing well in turning the fortunes of the club around, although as you say, bit unrealistic ambition from the owners perhaps!

Keep it up, big push for promotion next season!

Heading in the right direction for sure, hopefully I have done enough to warrant a new deal.

I want to get a 2 year contract as I think it will take me two seasons to go up. This summer I am likely to be stuck with the high earners although I am trying to tempt them with 'reduce wage demands' I exchange for a year longer deal. If that fails next season will be a strong starting eleven but the back up is likely to be made up of kids on very low deals. Then the following summer I can rid myself of the overpaid stars and hopefully have a budget around £18k to build a better squad.

fv-cdt_zpsb3383ab8.png

C.D Toledo

May 2013/14

fv-res-may14_zps92d89911.png

Not a bad end to the season at all seals a very good 8th placed finish. :thup:

fv-tab-may14_zpscbf793cb.png

Initial Budgets

fv-budgets-may14_zpsf14b91af.png

Well that is a kick in the teeth. Managed to persuade three players to take pay cuts meaning we were only overspending by £500 pw now. Then they go and cut the budget by £3k pw.

New Contract

Got to June 18th and heard nothing on a new deal so off I go and ask the board myself.

fv-contract-jun14_zpsa9016027.png

What? :(

So I did what every self respecting does and leaked this to the Press.

fv-press-jun14_zps3244134c.png

Told them I hoped it would change their mind. Instead I was hit with the news I needed 11 points form the opening 5 games of the season to keep my job. So picking up 38 points from 21 games wasn't good enough, no.

With the poor budget in place there was no way I would be accepting that demand.

fv-sack-jun14_zps9f65117b.png

What a bunch of morons, you can do better :D

I should have known not to challenge that chairman. I best shot at a new job will be with one of the newly promoted clubs into the Spanish system.

Shame it ended so soon at Toledo, you didn't do too badly on the pitch.

I am a little disappointed but deep down I knew it would end this way. Hopefully they crash and burn now! :D

why were Real Madrid 'C' relegated?

Because the Real Madrid 'B' team Castilla were relegated from LIGA adelante so the two clubs can't be at the same level. The same way as Castilla can never be a La Liga side.

Unlucky at Toledo, and now that Dutch side are taking the pi$$.

At least they gave me an interview. Im at May 1st and every single job I am being laughed at and the Dutch side are the only ones how have given me any kind of hope. :thdn:

Calling this quits and going again. Been without a job from June 2014 to now September 2015. In that time I've had one interview and I am getting laughed at from clubs newly promoted into the game from unplayable leagues.

Will start a new save basically as this one but hopefully I will get a job this time. :thdn:

At least they gave me an interview.

Yeah just to turn you down.

Calling this quits and going again. Been without a job from June 2014 to now September 2015. In that time I've had one interview and I am getting laughed at from clubs newly promoted into the game from unplayable league.

I had the same problem with my career game.

Don't blame you, sometimes you can have absurd responses

I didn't expect anything more than a low ranking Spanish side but getting no interest from the 16 newly promoted teams is a bit extreme. Taking a break from the Cambridge save because all I was doing was pressing continue and I've just had a 15 months of doing the same! Next time I won't challenge the board!

Next time I won't challenge the board!

Probably a good idea.

Anyway the whole interview thing highlights the frustrations of such a feature, and why I'm not so keen on FM anymore as it stands from now on.

Probably a good idea.

Anyway the whole interview thing highlights the frustrations of such a feature, and why I'm not so keen on FM anymore as it stands from now on.

I suppose I can see why, semi pro with a regional reputation that was sacked after 21 games, but surely someone would have gambled on me? It just sums up my love affair with the game of late!

Archived