Slight concern, won't renew contract

I rejected bids from PSG and Bayern Munchen on Balanta and Sigurdsson which made them angry. They've had "Slight concern" status for over a year now, and won't renew contract. I promised them that we would win the title, and we did. But the "SLT" is still there. So I tried promising bying good players to the team, and bought Verratti, M'Vila in addition to Benassi, but they are still waiting to "see wether I keep my promise." I'm now in the last year of Balanta's contract, and Sigurdsson runs out next year. How do I get rid of the "Slt" ? Please answer quickly, am playing now and don't want to loose them.

I find the best way to avoid this situation of players becoming unhappy is to never rejected a bid, but re-negotiate it to something silly, like £200m, then they will instantly remove the bid, and the player never moans.

I've seen players complain that the asking price is too high, but not sure if this is just when you set it in their transfer status, rather than negotiating. Don't they also sometimes complain that you're not allowing them to speak to the club, or is that only if you reject outright?

I find the best way to avoid this situation of players becoming unhappy is to never rejected a bid, but re-negotiate it to something silly, like £200m, then they will instantly remove the bid, and the player never moans.

That works for me too.

I learned it on my previous save, when i was managing in Italy. I got loads of co-ownership offers from bigger clubs and if i rejected those, players started to complain.

However, when i put a ridiculously high amount in my reply for offer, they always withdrew the offer and players had no reaction at all.

I've seen players complain that the asking price is too high, but not sure if this is just when you set it in their transfer status, rather than negotiating.

They complain if you set the asking price too high, but that is just in the transfer status page.

Don't they also sometimes complain that you're not allowing them to speak to the club, or is that only if you reject outright?

Just if you "reject". I always negotiate now, players stay happy.

That's excellent advice, stevemc! Thanks! I'll do that from now on. I actually just got Sigurdsson to sign a new contract, and the trick was just play him and praise his good performances every time. I think I praised him about 4-5 times, and in the end the "Slt" disappeared. Now with stevemc's solution hopefully this problem wont arise again.

• 2 months later...

Similar problem here. Have a player that got a "slight concern" when I cancelled a loan offer to a (then) bigger club, when I decided to keep him in the team instead. He played almost every match since then, his happiness has always been at "very good" or "superb", he's won several best player awards, the team won the league twice, three minor cups, and one European cup. He's now valued at just under 40 million (was valued at 10% of that when I decided to put him on the first team).

Three of his five "favourite people" are in my club, and he always seems to react well to my team talks (to the point where I think he might have a crush on me). And yet, whenever I try to negotiate a contract, the agent tells me he's not interested in even talking about it, and the only reason is the "slight concern" about not having gone on loan two years before.

When I try to talk to him, the only thing he tells me is that he's "waiting to see if I keep my promise", but there's no mention of what that "promise" is supposed to be.

I'm tempted to force him to go on loan (he doesn't actually want to) to some random club just to see if that clears the supposed "promise" and "slight concern".

The whole "player promise" thing seems not only very badly worded but indeed quite broken, and messing up player contracts.

You should be able to see in the player's profile (under information) what his current happiness is and what promises you've made to him. Either that or you still have to have a chat with him about his slight concern.

As I said, the only thing the chat says is "I'm waiting to see if you keep your promise". As I've also mentioned above, he's perfectly happy (happiest player at the club, probably), and the only "slight concern" is that I didn't allow him to go on loan (two years ago).

So when you go his profile and click on the information tab, what do you see under "Manager promises"? None?

Nope. In fact, he doesn't even have the "manager promises" line (this isn't unusual; some players have "Manager promises: None", others don't have that line at all).

I tried what I wrote above (sent him on loan and then recalled him). It cleared the "slight concern" while he was on loan, and restored it when he came back. Still no promises listed, his morale is still superb, he's still happy to stay at the club, his agent still won't let me offer him a contract.

I guess I'll just sell him (I can get 35M for him easily). A bit stupid to lose a player I like (and who apparently loves the club) due to what looks very much like a bug.

BTW, based on other problems I'm having with contracts (including signing new players), I think this might be a bug with agents, not with the "promises". Some agents simply will not allow me to talk to their players, even when their players publicly say they'd love to play for my team.

However, the fact remains that his only private chat option returns "I'm waiting to see whether you keep your promise" while the game lists absolutely no promises, so that's also bugged.

Update to this: I created a new manager and took control of the club he was "slightly concerned" about not being allowed to go on loan to. I offered him for loan from my main team, and accepted the loan using the new manager.

The player refused the loan.

And yet he's still "slightly concerned about not being allowed to go on loan". When he rejected the loan himself. W... T... F...?

And when I proposed the loan, the game asked "propose an extension the player's loan at [destination club] ?", which suggests that some part of the game thinks the player is currently loaned to that club, when in fact he isn't and never has been.

New update:

By right-clicking on the player and going to "Speak About -> Warn Player", I found that the option "transfer list" was available. I clicked that, and threatened to transfer list him if he didn't sign a new contract. His reply was "I don't want to leave the club, so I'll negotiate a new contract".

When I click on "offer new contract" I now get... exactly the same as before. "My client isn't interested in negotiating a new contract".

The only change was that now, under "Promises", there's a line saying the player "has promised to sign a new contract".

So the current situation is this:

The player has a "slight concern" about not having been allowed to go on loan to a specific club two years ago.

If I try to loan him to that club, he refuses.

If I threaten to transfer him, he says he doesn't want to leave the club.

He specifically told me he was going to sign a new contract, and the game "remembers" this (it's listed as a promise).

Nearly all his "liked people" are at the club, and the club is one of his liked clubs.

If I send him to the youth team as punishment for not signing a contract, he agrees he deserves to be punished.

And yet... his agent continues to tell me that the player isn't interested in negotiating a new contract.

Either the agents need a bit of debugging or the game needs an option "send player to psychiatrist".

Archived