FM14 - A single step leading to a thousand mile journey

wazza

Starting Unemployed on a Journeyman Career with a Sunday League reputation and league loaded from around the globe including Argentina, Austrailia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Ireland, Italy, N. Ireland, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzeland, USA and Wales. I stated to apply for jobs - I instantly got an interview at Larne and was offered the job, however I delayed accepting this to see what other job offers I could get. I therefore had several interviews at low level Swedish clubs such as Karlsberg BK and Kvarnsveden

The job I eventually took was:

u8dt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cih9.png

oy9q.png

Inherited squad

uw3e.png

hipc.png

The squad is very large and will need trimming prior to any new players that are brought in. It is also noted that the squad has no players of any value to sell and the strongest part of the squad is defence, however the central defenders are lacking in height which may need addressing. The midfield is the weakest part of the squad and will need to be improved if possible

Staff

vz7m.png

Staff members may need to be improved if possible also

Club History and Information

cqrp.png

86vn.png

dkyy.png

Aims

dyc6.png

Starting with this club should give me a good start in my career. They are in the Belfast Telegraph Championship 1, which is only one league down form the Danske Bank Premiership so if I am successful and gain promotion I could hopefully attract other clubs to employ me especially if I can get the club into Europe eventually.

The media predicts that I will finish 9th in the league this season

• 4 weeks later...

LARNE FOOTBALL CLUB

u8dt.png

SEASON 2013 - 2014 - Belfast Telegraph Championship 1

MANAGER PROFILE

fvb3.png

SEASON EXPECTATIONS AND MEDIA PREDICTION

To achieve a mid table position - media prediction 9th

EXISTING SQUAD

uw3e.png

hipc.png

TRANSFERS

jj61.png

54pg.png

KEY PLAYERS

Spencer Yilmaz- Striker - 37(5 sub) Appearances - 7.05 Average Rating - Scored 21 goals, 8 assists - Man of Match 5

James Storey- Defender - 33 Appearances - 7.08 Average Rating - Scored 1 goal, 0 assists - Man of Match 6

Jamie Uprichard- Midfielder - 35 (2 sub) Appearances - 6.97 Average Rating - Scored 8 goal, 15 assists - Man of Match 4

Gary Workman- Midfielder - 17 (6 sub) Appearances - 7.10 Average Rating - Scored 8 goal, 6 assists - Man of Match 3

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

James Storey

TOP GOALSCORER

Spencer Yilmaz 21 Goals

ASSISTS

Jamie Uprichard 15 assisits

PLAYER OF MATCH

James Storey 6 awards

CO ANTRIM SHIELD

Quarter Final - Lost 2 - 1 Knockbreda

LEAGUE CUP

Semi Final - Lost 3-1 Linfield

STEEL AND SONS CUP

4now.png

INTERMEDIATE CUP

1st round - Lost 4-2 Knockbreda

IRISH CUP

4th Round - Lost 2-1 Crusaders

LEAGUE TABLE

ybzj.png

ijxe.png

9ino.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season      Club            League                      League   Co Antim  Lgue Cup    S+S Cup   Intermd Cp     Irish Cp   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Larne      Belfast Champ C1                 1st           QF       SF        Won       1st            4th        Promoted      

WHAT NEXT

sqno.png

It was a remarkable overachievment to gain promotion at the first time of asking. Even better to beat the clubs fierce rivals 'Carrick' in the last week of the season to the top spot. There manager Michael Hughes must be reeling after the bitter war of words between us

As you will see from the table above we had the lowest salary in the league. I believe that to stay up in the Premiership the following season will be a massive tall order and hope that the board back me with the finances the promotion deserve.

I will look at getting rid of the deadwood and fetch quality players if I can attract them to help the club starve of relegation.

I believe now we are in the top league the board needs to improve the scouting range and it is one of the first things I shall ask them. I also believe we will still be looking at loan players and free transfers to strengthen the team as an average attendance of 127 does not generate alot of cash

• 2 weeks later...

LARNE FOOTBALL CLUB

u8dt.png

SEASON 2014 - 2015 - Danske Bank Premier

MANAGER PROFILE

1ot9ad.png

To stay clear of relegation - media prediction 12th

TRANSFERS

2cy5zch.png

KEY PLAYERS

Michael Halliday- Striker - 35(1 sub) Appearances - 6.88 Average Rating - Scored 14 goals, 8 assists - Man of Match 5

Matthew Snoddy - Midfielder - 34 (4 sub) Appearances - 6.86 Average Rating - Scored 3 goal, 13 assists - Man of Match 2

TOP GOALSCORER

Michael Halliday 14 Goals

ASSISTS

Matthew Snoddy 13 assisits

PLAYER OF MATCH

Michael Halliday 5 awards

CO ANTRIM SHIELD

Final - Winners 2 - 1 Crusaders

LEAGUE CUP

2nd Round - Lost 2-1 Ballyclare

IRISH CUP

Qtr Final - Lost 1-0 Ballinamallard United

LEAGUE TABLE

2zpth1d.png

2eohfo0.png

97mlvo.png

11sl46c.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season      Club            League                      League   Co Antim  Lgue Cup    S+S Cup   Intermd Cp     Irish Cp   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Larne      Belfast Champ C1                 1st           QF       SF        Won       1st            4th        Promoted
2014/15     Larne      Danske Prem                       12th         Won      2nd      n/a        n/a            Qtr        Relegated-resigned

WHAT NEXT

WHAT NEXT

Unfortunately the board did not seem to match my ambitions at Larne following promotion. I asked for the scouting network to be increased this was refused. I also asked for the pitch to be re-laid as it was in a terrible state following promotion the previous season. The board accepted I wanted to play possession football which a good pitch is required, but they refused to relay it to help the cause. I believe this did not help our home form in which we only won 3 games and scored only 17 goals.

I resigned following relegation and slated the board in the press conference stating that there ambitions did not match my own. In the early part of the season I had the following clubs from other leagues sniffing around for my services, Weston Super Mere, Athlone, Telford Utd, Dumbarton, Bray Wanderers, Dover Athletic, Glentoran and Glenavon. In hindsight I wished I had taken the Dumbarton job in Scottish League 1 as this would have been a step up.

I am currently unemployed and looking for other opportunities but I guess because of the relegation I wont get another job as yet as big as Dumbarton. I am however looking at getting one in a league with as high reputation as I can

Following my relegation with Larne, I applied to various clubs throughout the world. I have been successful in interview and taken a job in the China PR First Division with Chongquin Lifan. The league has an Asian reputation of 17th.

Again like when I took over Larne the club is only one league away from the top division in which if successful I would eventually be playing in the Asian Champions League. This would enhance my reputation which is what I need if I am to have a crack at a big job. The clubs attendance averages at 4000 - 5000 at the moment which will help with the financial aspects and should if the board allow, give me more money to spend than what I had at Larne.

Throughout my FM careers I have never managed away from England, Scotland, N Ireland and Spain so this is a first for me and will be an adventure and hopefully a successful one

CHONGQUIN LIFAN

2rncwmv.png

178dqs.png

wwjj8y.png

Inherited squad

219owgo.png

n6z5ax.png

Staff

1126434.png

24y4oy1.png

eamtc5.png

2uxxv8h.png

Aims

2638xhc.png

This is the current league table - at present the club are 10th after 15 games, I note that they have only scored 13 goals and defensively they seem quite sound but this also could be worked upon

9rlq2o.png

The media predicts I will finish 3rd this season - hopefully I can overachieve like I did at Larne in my first season and deliver this, even though the board only want mid-table finish.

My contract is only for 6 months so if it is to be renewed I need to show the board and fans I mean business and put the relegation of Larne behind me

Career Summary

2014/15     Larne      Danske Prem                       12th         Won      2nd       n/a        n/a            Qtr       Relegated-Resigned  

• 4 weeks later...

2rncwmv.png

SEASON - 2015 - Chinese National First Division

MANAGER PROFILE

4gredt.png

9rlq2o.png

Media prediction 3rd (Prior to being appointed)

INHERITED SQUAD

219owgo.png

n6z5ax.png

TRANSFERS

The transfer rules stated that only 2 domestic players and be brought in over 21 years of age (any other transfers are acceptable) The restriction on foreigners in the match day squad is 3.

1znwe4p.png

KEY PLAYERS

Shao Jiayi - Attacking Midfield 11 Appearances - 7.27 Average Rating - Scored 5 goals, 3 assists - Man of Match 3

Zang Lei - Goalkeeper - 21 Appearances - 7.18 Average Rating - Conceded 18 goal, 8 clean sheets - Man of Match 3

Steve- Midfielder - 27) Appearances - 6.93 Average Rating - Scored 3 goal, 6 assists - Man of Match 1

TEAM OF THE YEAR

Shao Jiayi

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Zang Lei

TOP GOALSCORER

Wen Shou 7 Goals

ASSISTS

Steve 6 assisits

PLAYER OF MATCH

Zang Lei and Shao Jiayi 3 awards

FA CUP

3rd Round Lost 1-0 Beijing (Board would have preferred to be more competitive

LEAGUE TABLE

League table when took over:

2638xhc.png

End of season table:

2hnrjls.png

2usx4hv.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

2014/15     Larne      Danske Prem                       12th         Won      2nd       n/a        n/a            Qtr       Relegated-Resigned  

Season      Club            League                      League   FA Cup    Champions League                                 Achievements
2015    Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div               5th       3rd round     n/a

WHAT NEXT

I managed to get the team playing well and rising up the league since I took over the club on 16/6/15. With the few signings I made we narrowly ended up missing out on promotion and if we had hung onto our 1-0 lead when we played Chengdu who finished 2nd instead of losing 2-1 we could have being promoted as the other results went our way

1zmjyoo.png

My contract runs out December 2015 which is in 2 months - the board have not approached me as yet to offer a new deal and they will not open any discussions. If I am to be offered a new deal I will look at progressing the team

I have assessed the squad in the games that I have played. I believe the squad is good and does not require a complete overhaul. The problem the team appears to have is that they create chances but cannot 'put the ball in the onion bag' so to speak. However Fan Yunglong was injured when I arrived at the club and was out for 3 months and was the clubs best striker - He managed to play so many games for me and seemed quite decent. His overall rating was 7.06 and he scored 6 goals in 14 games with 2 assists. I will be looking at fetching in another striker to compliment him as this area requires urgent rebuilding. The only issue is Lifan's finances are not great and they are in trouble. I have already asked key players to cut there wages which they did. I need to keep the top players and fetch in quality players to replace the poorer squad players if possible so that we can have a real stab at promotion next season. As I am only able to sign 5 domestic players and the squad can only have 3 foreigners the correct players need to be correctly scouted and brought in so that no errors are made to achieve this

• 4 weeks later...

2rncwmv.png

SEASON - 2015 / 2016 - Chinese National First Division

MANAGER PROFILE

2eqapgi.png

2rp427o.png

Media prediction 3rd

TRANSFERS

The transfer rules stated that only 2 domestic players and be brought in over 21 years of age (any other transfers are acceptable) The restriction on foreigners in the match day squad is 3.

33usffr.png

KEY PLAYERS

Fang Yunlong - Striker 27(2sub) Appearances - 7.42 Average Rating - Scored 19 goals, 13 assists - Man of Match 4

Michael Lugpo Striker 21(9sub) Appearances - 7.13 Average Rating - Scored 14 goals, 10 assists - Man of Match 4

Wang Song - Attacking Mid 27(4sub) Appearances - 7.18 Average Rating - Scored 11 goals, 14 assists - Man of Match 5

Cheng Moui - Midfield/Defender Right 31 Appearances - 7.35 Average Rating - Scored 4 goals, 11 assists - Man of Match 2

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Fang Yunlong

TOP GOALSCORER

Fan Yunlong 19 goals

ASSISTS

Wang Song 14 Assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Wang Song 5 Awards

FA CUP

4th round Lost 2-1 Shandong (Board would have preferred if we were more competitive in the cup

LEAGUE TABLE

smayoh.png

2u7ajj8.png

28kiwlu.png

25ssvtk.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season      Club                  League                      League   FA Cup    Champions League                                 Achievements
2015       Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div               5th       3rd round     n/a
2015/16    Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div               1st       4th round     n/a                                           Promoted

WHAT NEXT

At the beginning of the season I got very annoyed with the chairman who reduced the agreed budget from £650k

1aw0p.png

to £550k as you can see in the season expectations and media prediction above. Despite this I managed to gain promotion. The chairman was also replaced during the season during a board takeover, however Darryl Bennet took over from within the existing boardroom structure. As the same board of directors are in charge I do not believe that they will have the money to strenghten the areas required to remain in the Super League or to match my future ambitions.

With this in mind and my experience at Larne where I was relegated staight away following promotion. I have decided to look elsewhere for a job as my contract is up for renewal, if I find a larger league club I may apply and see how much the Chongquinn board want me to stay with a counter offer. I will then decide what is best for me comparing the offers from other clubs and Chongquin. If I find another club I have used Congquinn as a stepping stone to enhance my career.

The only real job that I felt was large enough to take my manager career to the next level was the Hearts job, I applied for it and went for an interview. The Chongquinn board asked for contract renewal terms and for me to discuss the clubs vision. The board did not do enough to persuade me to stay - the transfer budget for the following season would be 0 with a wage budget of £750k. I did not feel this was enough to make sure that we stayed in the Super League following promotion. The club is been seriously held back by its lack of resources and financial situation. Hearts however offered me alot better deal and the club is of a higher reputation with a bigger following.

HEARTS OF MIDIOTHIAN

14cy13c.png

oidwrl.png

112h06d.png

Inherited squad

5etz6q.png

2lt0qig.png

Staff

hu0kfm.png

25r12ew.png

2z6yrty.jpg

155t0fk.png

Aims

afkirp.png

To gain promotion the club needs to vastly improve at Home, at present it has only won 1 home game, drawing 3 and losing 3. The club has the 3rd best goals scored in the league, but also has the 7th worst defence. These areas may need strengthening in the January transfer window.

I shall look at the quality of the squad and see if some of my top players from Chongquinn would be useful in the team. If necessary I shall attempt to lure them to Hearts if once the squad is assessed I feel they are good enough.

Callum Elliot is currently the clubs top scorer on 8 goals after 10 (3 sub) appearances with Nicky Adams and Mo Yaqub providing the 7 and 6 respective top assists.

moair.png

o0bfx2.png

Following the clubs relegation in the 2013/14 season the primary aim must be to gain promotion back to the Scottish Premiership where the club belongs. Depending how things go I would like to stay at the club a few more seasons than I have done at previous ones and try to turn Hearts into a force in the Premier league.

Since Rangers were relegated into the Scottish lowest league they have risen through them and are back in the Premiership, surely to challenge Celtic again for the title. One of my long term visions for the club would be to split this dominance up should it occur again, which is highly likely.

Career Summary

Season      Club                  League                      League   FA Cup    Champions League                            Achievements
2015       Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div             5th       3rd round     n/a
2015/16    Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div             1st       4th round     n/a                                      Promoted

Clocking up some air miles changing jobs.

Need to do at least 1000 miles lol!!

I am intending to stick at Hearts for a few seasons now and settle down into a job - unless I really big club approaches me or Hull City - which is the club I support

• 4 weeks later...

i5r6mo.png

SEASON - 2017 - Scottish Championship

MANAGER PROFILE

15p0nk3.png

5yhqwy.png

Media prediction 2nd (Prior to been appointed as manager)

TRANSFERS

dmtkc4.png

KEY PLAYERS

Samed Yesil- Striker 19(2sub) Appearances - 7.41 Average Rating - Scored 18 goals, 4 assists - Man of Match 4

Callum Elliott Striker 20(6sub) Appearances - 7.31 Average Rating - Scored 18 goals, 8 assists - Man of Match 3

Luke Wall Striker 30(12sub) Appearances - 7.24 Average Rating - Scored 24 goals, 5 assists - Man of Match 3

Nicky Adams - Midfield/Winger 28(14sub) Appearances - 7.09 Average Rating - Scored 10 goals, 11 assists - Man of Match 3

Josh Carson - Midfield/Winger 48(2sub) Appearances - 7.02 Average Rating - Scored 4 goals, 11 assists - Man of Match 2

Andre Boucaud - Midfield/Advanced Playmaker 15(2sub) Appearances - 7.46 Average Rating - Scored 5 goals, 8 assists - Man of Match 3

Michael West - Midfield/Advanced Playmaker 21(11sub) Appearances - 7.12 Average Rating - Scored 5 goals, 10 assists - Man of Match 4

Eric Ordihambo - Midfield/Winger 12(6sub) Appearances - 7.02 Average Rating - Scored 12 goals, 6 assists - Man of Match 1

Joe Walsh - Defender 43 Appearances - 7.18 Average Rating - Scored 0 goals, 2 assists - Man of Match 3

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Joe Walsh

TOP GOALSCORER

Luke Wall 24 goals

ASSISTS

Josh Carson and Nicky Adams 11 Assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Mo Yaqub 5 Awards

CHALLENGE CUP

N/A - previous manager prior to appointment (Raith 2-2 - won the final on penalties)

LEAGUE CUP

N/A - previous manager prior to appointment (Ross County - 3rd round L 4-3 et)

CHALLENGE CUP

N/A - previous manager prior to appointment

SCOTTISH CUP

Final Lost 2-1 Celtic - Qualified for Euro Cup

CAREER OVERVIEW

2014/15     Larne      Danske Prem                      12th         Won      2nd       n/a        n/a            Qtr       Relegated-Resigned  

Season      Club                  League                 League   FA Cup    Champions League                              Achievements
2015       Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div          5th       3rd round     n/a
2015/16    Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div          1st       4th round     n/a                                       Promoted 

Season      Club            League                      League   Chall cup  Lgue Cup    Scot cup    Euro cup              Achievements
2017       Hearts         Scottish Championship         2nd        n/a         n/a       Runner up      n/a            Euro cup qualificaion

WHAT NEXT

It was a remarkable achievement to finish 2nd and get to the Scottish cup final bearing in mind where the club was when I took over (6th (12 points from the top of the league)) and to note that we finished only 4points from the top. We have now qualified for the Euro Cup due to finishing runners up in the Scottish Cup and Celtic having already qualified. However it was disappointing that the team with one of the best attack in the Championship could not win the play off final against a team with one the worst defence's in the Scottish Premiership. The team has alot of potential and with the signings I made in my first half a season hopefully we will be able to go up the following season. I am hoping the fact the a Championship club can still attract players to make sure we have a good Euro cup run. My first priority is to try and fetch Luke Wall back to the club either permanently or on loan for another season

I have released alot of the current backroom staff along with my inherited assistant manager as there contracts came to an end and I believe I can improve on what I had.

• 1 month later...

i5r6mo.png

SEASON - 2017- 2018 - Scottish Championship

MANAGER PROFILE

2motmie.png

1znskg5.png

Media prediction 1st

TRANSFERS

15psbw8.png

hwd5aa.png

KEY PLAYERS

Samed Yesil- Striker 38(4sub) Appearances - 7.25 Average Rating - Scored 27 goals, 11 assists - Man of Match 4

David Moli Striker 33(10sub) Appearances - 7.08 Average Rating - Scored 22 goals, 5 assists - Man of Match 2

Nicky Adams - Midfield/Winger 31(5sub) Appearances - 7.25 Average Rating - Scored 11 goals, 9 assists - Man of Match 5

Josh Carson - Midfield/Winger 26(10sub) Appearances - 7.14 Average Rating - Scored 4 goals, 16 assists - Man of Match 4

Chris Millar - Midfield/Advanced Playmaker 28(4sub) Appearances - 7.30 Average Rating - Scored 9 goals, 6 assists - Man of Match 8

Mo Yaqub - Defender 44 Appearances - 7.30 Average Rating - Scored 6 goals, 3 assists - Man of Match 5

LEAGUE

264nakh.png5c0ttw.png

FANS PLAYER OF THE YEAR

TOP GOALSCORER

Samed Yesil 27 goals

ASSISTS

Josh Carson 16 Assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Chris Millar 8 Awards

CHALLENGE CUP

Third Round - Lost 2-0 Dundee

LEAGUE CUP

Quarter Final Lost 3-2 Motherwell

EURO CUP

3rd Qualifying Round Lost 5-4 (agg) FC Kobenhaven

SCOTTISH CUP

Quarter Final Lost 3-1 (replay) Motherwell

CAREER OVERVIEW

2014/15     Larne      Danske Prem                      12th         Won      2nd       n/a        n/a            Qtr       Relegated-Resigned  

Season      Club                  League                 League   FA Cup    Champions League                              Achievements
2015       Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div          5th       3rd round     n/a
2015/16    Chongquing Lifan   National 1st Div          1st       4th round     n/a                                       Promoted 

Season      Club            League                      League   Chall cup  Lgue Cup    Scot cup    Euro cup              Achievements
2017       Hearts         Scottish Championship         2nd        n/a         n/a       Runner up      n/a            Euro cup qualificaion
2017/18    Hearts         Scottish Championship         1st        3rd          Qtr          Qtr          3rd Qual          Promoted          

WHAT NEXT

I rebuilt my backroom team during the pre-season and have been rewarded with promotion to the Premiership.

Following fetching Luke Wall back to the club on loan he did not perform as well as the season before - however with the form of the two strikers I purchased last season this did not become an issue. It was disapointing to not reach the group stages in Europe especially as I believed we had a good chance with the large squad I formed during the pre-season.

I have signed a new contract with Hearts to maintain stability and hopefully we should have a good chance of avoiding relegation next season with a few adjustments to the existing squad. As I have tried to sign players who have been scouted well and who are reported to be good Premiership players already - this should hold us is good shape without drastically changing things too much

As for job offers no-body has really taken notice of what I am achieving at each club I have been at and there are none on the horizon. I have noted that my favourite clubs manager will be under pressure as Hull City have been relegated and he could be sacked. At present this is the only job I would be interested in leaving Hearts for if it became available.

2f04ml0.png

n5kas3.png

2hmlwft.png

2evsvgg.png

671rnt.png

mryd1j.png

Didn't even make it on the shortlist for an interview - however you have to be in it to win it so it was worth a punt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i5r6mo.png

SEASON - 2018- 2019 - Scottish Championship

MANAGER PROFILE

fn8d9x.png

To obtain a mid-table position in the Scottish Premiership - set by the board of directors

Media prediction 8th

TRANSFERS

2ezmvlk.png

241toq0.png

KEY PLAYERS

Samed Yesil- Striker 26(15sub) Appearances - 6.88 Average Rating - Scored 15 goals, 5 assists - Man of Match 3

Ed Upson - Midfield 43(3sub) Appearances - 7.09 Average Rating - Scored 7 goals, 12 assists - Man of Match 3

Josh Carson - Midfield/Winger 32(5sub) Appearances - 7.13 Average Rating - Scored 5 goals, 13 assists - Man of Match 3

LEAGUE

30msm5f.png

106bhba.jpg

TOP GOALSCORER

Samed Yesil 15 goals

ASSISTS

Josh Carson 13 Assists

PLAYER OF MATCH

Samed Yesil, Baraundin Atajic, Josh Carson, Ed Upson 3 Awards

LEAGUE CUP

Quarter Final Lost 3-1 Celtic

SCOTTISH CUP

Final Lost 1-2 Dundee

CAREER OVERVIEW

2017/18    Hearts         Scottish Championship         1st        3rd          Qtr          Qtr          3rd Qual          Promoted  
2018/19    Hearts         Scottish Premiership          10th       n/a          Qtr       Runner up    n/a       

WHAT NEXT

Following promotion it was disappointing that I did not meet the boards expectations of a mid table finish. The issue was with the team not been able to hold onto a lead and conceding late on in games which will need to be rectified next season. The team fared better against teams that where higher up in the league than the ones close to us in the lower end of the table especially the relegation spots. This will also need to be rectified.

The other disappointment was losing to a Championship side in the cup final. Dundee though did win the Scottish Championship and promotion, but again this shows how the squad cannot raise its game against lower rated teams.

I recieved 7No requests for job interviews from clubs including Dundee, Leicester, Leyton Orient, Northampton Town, St Mirren, Sunderland and Tranmere Rovers all of which were declined as they were clubs in a lower division from myself ie English Div 1 clubs and I didn't believe they would progress my career. At least though I am starting to get noticed in the football world

2ebd10y.png

This is alot less than my wage and transfer budget last season. I believe that I have taken the club as far as I can and without significant investment I cannot progress the club so have decided to look for another job since I have had a number of approaches. However the job will have to match my ambitions

2vvtgnb.png

2hd9xuc.png

2guigrk.png

Even though Preston have been relegated from the Premiership, I believe that they will have the financial resources and ambition to sustain a promotion push straight back up and am glad that I waited and applied for this job

My original contract at Hearts:

s2tpgz.png

My new contract and a huge payrise:

59ziuu.png

PRESTON NORTH END

29y2g0o.png

168eych.png

v3at.png

Hopefully, the chairman will back me with funds, so I can sign the high profile and young players that he wishes me to in the job interview.

The club at present has lots of money. It is unclear how much of this will be cut due to relegation.

b9g4zl.png

The chairman Keith Correa is a Tycoon who took over the club 10th January 2015, hopefully he may add extra money if necessary to help the cause for promotion and to sign the high profile and young players discussed at the interview

Inherited squad

efo4kn.png

33lk16q.png

Alot of key first team players have requested transfers to Gary Bowyer the previous manager. I would like to keep all of these players as they are the backbone of the team. The rest of the squad are not as good as these. Hopefully now I have arrived the players will decide to stay and help the cause. I also intend to replace the not so good players with quality ones should funds be available

Staff

ofahqs.png

2niogt5.png

okbyi9.png

2ir0ors.png

Aims

Last Seasons Premiership Table - Preston NE where relegated.

2igezpl.png

b968he.png

Following relegation - Im not quite sure until I have filly assessed the squad to decide weather instant promotion is achieveable. At the most I believe the playoffs are a must

Career Summary

2018/19    Hearts         Scottish Premiership          10th       n/a          Qtr       Runner up    n/a       

Archived