Is there enough improvements over 13 to justify the purchase of FM14?

I'd hold off until the next patch as there are some issues in the current ME that need tweaking. Not game breaking, just very frustrating. I've never played a demo of FM, but as others said you could give that a go.

You could wait until Steam Christmas sales, it might go down in price. If not, there are plenty of sites where it is much cheaper than Steam.

Anyways, features outside the ME are better than FM13, mainly through tweaks and minor adjustments. At first I was disappointed as it felt like a patch but you slowly discover new things as you go on. One of the biggest things I hated in FM13 was contract negotiations. They were basically non existent. This version I really enjoy them as there is a tonne of clauses to negotiate on, as well as transfer negotiations.

Some people as saying players ask for huge bonuses (appearance/goal bonuses) but I haven't experienced that yet. I think it's mainly in the big leagues.

Player interaction has been increased, but it still feels like a lottery sometimes. I've been experiencing far too many negative outcomes. Hopefully it can be tweaked in a patch, but not sure if others have encountered it.

But as usual, the final product will come with the last patch and I think this will be one of the best FMs if the current issues can be addressed.

Archived