where are my reserves?

yes well Si just pattern it that way as most users use the leagues with no reserves.

While that may be the case, for a company with such a track record of representing the real world accurately, it's a rather uncharacteristic leap away from what actually happens. Even putting non-league teams to one side, only 42 out of the 92 English league teams run an U21 team, while most others generally still do run reserve teams in some way, shape or form (for example in local leagues, or by playing XI friendlies against other XI teams) with no limitation on age.

It's the first implementation in FM, so OK, a bit of leeway is fair, but I'd really hope it's something that is looked at being more accurately represented for FM15, because at the moment it could have quite an impact on management style lower down the league ladder, making older players unattractive prospects unnecessarily and inaccurately.

Atrocious. The reserves had always been a neglected aspect on the part of SI. Where was the league cup? Where were the realistic divisional structures?

Their answer? To go from neglect to obliteration! From attempting to mutilation! The entire experience of managing in these league divisions has now been mutilated. Annihilated for anyone who needs to immerse themselves in the game. Superficiality and fiction now prevails.

I was contemplating purchasing the game and read the advertising on the official site. "more realistic player reaction...", "managers adopt a more realistic approach...", "negotiations are more realistic..." Here realism seems to be the guideline.

But when it comes to the reserve leagues, on the other hand, there seems to be an orientation towards less realism this year! How come that realism is the standard in so many other aspects of the game whereas the reserve league is left to downright distortion and botch?

Archived