Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

I have been playing the beta no problem but I can't seem to activate the full game with the 2nd key. Steam keeps saying it's not available in my country so the game is not available. But I've been playing the beta no problem, just can't activate full game...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi lads, ive seen some of you have had some trouble activating your key. This is a howto:

Log-in to GMG site find your key.

Your key looks like this: gjnn-jjhft. First line is beta key

Gjjvc-uygj. <- COPY this into steam. Only the second line is the key not all of it.

Good luck

Your key looks like this: gjnn-jjhft. First line is beta key

Gjjvc-uygj. <- COPY this into steam. Only the second line is the key not all of it.

Good luck

This! :brock:

Thanks for the post, I would have taken ages to figure that out.

For everyone else looking, what he means is this:

Under my Games tab in GMG, I see FM14 with the following listed under "key"

XXXXX-T3VDT-XXXXX

XXXXX-06P2M-XXXXX

To get the full game I need to go to Steam, activate a game and enter ONLY XXXXX-06P2M-XXXXX.

This! :brock:

Thanks for the post, I would have taken ages to figure that out.

For everyone else looking, what he means is this:

Under my Games tab in GMG, I see FM14 with the following listed under "key"

To get the full game I need to go to Steam, activate a game and enter ONLY XXXXX-06P2M-XXXXX.

under mine I only have 1 set of keys. :confused:

There was no such restriction announced when I pre-purchased it when I worked in Brazil.

And the Beta-Code worked, too, so I can't tell the retailer "yes, of course, the Beta-Key worked and I played it and used the product but give me my money back because the full key doesn't work".

• Administrators
Shame on you for coming up with such a ********. You better find a solution.

I'd suggest reading the house rules before shooting your mouth off, we're trying to help as much as we can. Where did you purchase your code from?

Anyone who bought the game outside of steam or SI, we need to be patient and wait till we get the second code issue fixed. I want to play this badly, but coming on here ripping SI is useless and not helping the cause. Relax!

Anyone who bought the game outside of steam or SI, we need to be patient and wait till we get the second code issue fixed. I want to play this badly, but coming on here ripping SI is useless and not helping the cause. Relax!

From what Mr. Brock told us there will be no fix. It's our fault that we bought it from outside the "region".

I'd suggest reading the house rules before shooting your mouth off, we're trying to help as much as we can. Where did you purchase your code from?

Nuuvem.co.br . They only sell to people located in South America. And I was located physically in South America the second I made the pre purchase. There was no mention the game might be or will be region locked.

Due to the fact I had several problems with gamefly 2012 purchasing the FM13 and I have to import the game anyway because I'm from Germany it seemed a perfect alternative. Maybe I need to tell my boss he must send me back to Brazil so I can activate and play the game?

This is BS im on 14.1.1 and ive just reinstalled and im still on 14.1.1

From the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What happens when the game is released if I have pre purchased the Digital Download version of the product?

Your game will automatically update from beta to final version on the launch day

No it doesnt

This is total BS

• Administrators
This is BS im on 14.1.1 and ive just reinstalled and im still on 14.1.1

From the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What happens when the game is released if I have pre purchased the Digital Download version of the product?

Your game will automatically update from beta to final version on the launch day

No it doesnt

This is total BS

Where did you purchase your game from?

• Administrators
I bought it from Amazon

Have you tried restarting Steam? Also I'd suggest checking on your Amazon purchase and correspondence to make sure they didn't issue you with two keys, one for the beta and one to upgrade to the full version.

• Administrators
Portugal.

Same website where i bought it last year, and had zero problems.

I'd suggest contacting the website directly as they may have sold you a key from a locked region. If they've done that without telling you, you'd certainly have grounds for a replacement code.

I'd suggest contacting the website directly as they may have sold you a key from a locked region. If they've done that without telling you, you'd certainly have grounds for a replacement code.

Ok, i'll try that.

But, like i said, i spoke with their customer support and they said they had no info about a second key.

Hi Neil, thanks very much for your help. Perhaps for next year it would be great to just have 1 code for both beta and full game instead of having 2. Also, if there's indeed a locked region issue, would be great if the forum could state that clearly before we make our purchases (I tried searching on footballmanager.com and couldn't really find any info about that, maybe it's very hidden or not obvious). Anyway, hoping for better distribution next year. Great game.

• Administrators
Ok, i'll try that.

But, like i said, i spoke with their customer support and they said they had no info about a second key.

Have you tried verifying your game cache, closing down FM and Steam etc?

Just to clarify I'm trying to find out from Sega how best to advise those of you in this scenario of having a game from/being within a locked region, so please bear with me. Thanks.

btw, I always wait for Xmas patch to play.

Happy to wait. Tks for reply

• Administrators
Ive tried it all

I had a small update at 11.50 but im still on 14.1.1 and i can still play the game

You will not be able to continue playing beyond this point unless you have installed the copy you pre ordered and activated it.

I know it's a pain, but I'd suggest closing Steam again and reverifying a couple of times. If it's one code (which I think it is for Amazon) it should update - however it has been known to take a little bit of time in the past. I know it's frustrating having to try these things when you've paid for a game and it should just work, but please do give it another shot. Thanks.

• Administrators
Hi Neil, thanks very much for your help. Perhaps for next year it would be great to just have 1 code for both beta and full game instead of having 2. Also, if there's indeed a locked region issue, would be great if the forum could state that clearly before we make our purchases (I tried searching on footballmanager.com and couldn't really find any info about that, maybe it's very hidden or not obvious). Anyway, hoping for better distribution next year. Great game.

I have to agree with you there, would certainly make my job easier! Hopefully we'll get everyone up and running without too much discomfort.

• Administrators
Hey Neil, is there any chance to know if the activation code I have is from another region than mine?

I'm not sure in total honesty. I'll try and find out for you, but likely not to get a response until tomorrow (as in the daytime of the 31st) now.

I'm not sure in total honesty. I'll try and find out for you, but likely not to get a response until tomorrow (as in the daytime of the 31st) now.

Ok tks. I highly doubt that the website gave me a wrong region code, but i'll try to get that out of them tomorrow morning.

• Administrators
any suggestion what we can do on greenman? Appears some have codes, some dont?

People have said if you contact them directly they tend to resolve things pretty quickly. Also again would have to suggest reading any correspondence as they should have made clear where your codes would be.

• Administrators
Neil, do you have an E-Mail address or something like that to discuss this in a non-public environment? Only so far if my problem falls under the problems you're trying to solve of course. :)

Send me a private message here, that's fine.

Archived