pointless undersoil heating

Just lead Istanbul BSSK to a respectable 4th in my first season, getting attendances of around 3000 in the huge istanbul stadium. Then get told the board are spending 2m on undersoil heating. I only had about that in the bank so there go any transfers. And its Istanbul. You don't need undersoil heating. Quite angry now...

Istanbul can get temperatures close to or below freezing in the Winter, iirc snow is not uncommon.

As for the game how many of your matches were played on close to freezing temperatures last season!

As you didn't from any problems without the undersoil heating it does seem rather pointless of your board to commit SI much spare capital to get it installed, worth a post in the bugs section if you have a save before the upgrade is announced.

I might be wrong, but isn't that one of the venues for Euro 2016?

It might simply part of the renovations being undertaken to comply with UEFA - I don't know if it's programmed into the game for that - but that could be a reason.

No they do not, waterlogged pitches are the only cause of a match being called off, an oversight that I wish was fixed.

The positive is a reduced risk of injury due to frozen conditions & a more consistent playing surface, although if I'm honest I do not find that pitch quality has too much of an impact on player performance or tactical effectiveness so the second point is less of a concern for me.

I might be wrong, but isn't that one of the venues for Euro 2016?

It might simply part of the renovations being undertaken to comply with UEFA - I don't know if it's programmed into the game for that - but that could be a reason.

Euro 2016 is in france

Yeh and France beat Italy and Turkey for the right to host the event.

Plus the Istanbul BSSK stadium is used for a lot of other sporting events, like athletics isn't it?

And other teams have been known to play their football at that stadium for Champion League events?

I'm just saying - it might be due to the fact that there are regulations on stadiums that need to be adhered to for certain competitions.

I know that one of the conditions for FIFA is a sustainable grass field (which is why Greenland's getting the okay for artificial grass FieldTurf installed in their stadiums), so maybe the undersoil heating's to keep the grass alive and in a playable condition?

Until I got my stadium upgrade and under-soil installed in Scotland, I had 3-4 reschedules a season for weather. Now, we play on when it's 29 and blowing snow.

Archived