Need help recovering save game

Hey,

I've just completed another successful season on FM13 and I decided I should have a little tidy up of all my save games and I have accidently deleted my current game. I am devasted. 170 hours of playing.

Does anyone know of any way that I can get the game back?? I've checked the folders and it's not there and it's not even in my recycle bin. I've no idea what to do next.

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate the help.

Cheers

TrueBlue

I've tried restoring my laptop but it doesnt work!! The restart doesnt work I mean. I think I'll try again once I've finished my night shift...... But I believe it has gone forever. 170 hours of my life wasted...... Ouch. I think I might send a request to Sigames and get them to sort it.

Right click on the FM desktop icon and there may be an option to "restore to previous version ".

You must have a system restore if it is a windows computer as windows creates a restore point at every update it does. If you dont know where to look for it, type system restore in the Help option and click on the link to restore the computer.

The "Restore Previous Version" is your friend, we have had it since Vista IIRC and its amazing how few people know it exists! I bet millions of files have gone unrecovered or recovered by a far more complicated route just because people are not aware of that little gem!

Also having backups is good, my system backs up my PC to the home NAS drive live so I never have to worry.

Right click on the FM desktop icon and there may be an option to "restore to previous version ".

I thought you had to right click the folder where the file used to be, and not the desktop shortcut to use that feature? Maybe I'm thinking of something different entirely.

I thought you had to right click the folder where the file used to be, and not the desktop shortcut to use that feature? Maybe I'm thinking of something different entirely.

From memory, the "Restore Previous Version" option is avaiable in the right click menu on both the desktop shortcut and the Games folder. Now that you have raised the doubt, I cant recall which one may work:confused:. Worth trying them both tbh.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/previous-versions-of-files-frequently-asked-questions

Should be useful, all is not lost until you try this, unless you see that there are no previous versions available of course...

Select the folder here F:\Users\User Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\games called Games, right click, top right tab called previous versions.

• 1 year later...
WHS^^Just right click the saved games folder & open properties.

This works!! Just right click the actual "games" folder and click restore to previous version.

So glad this worked, I made the same mistake :x

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived