Never tried a career and posting it, let's see how it goes......

elbilly

So like the title suggests I've never documented my career, and if I'm honest the last few FM editions I've only had the time and patience to take my favourite team and build them to a point where I am fielding the majority, if not all, players that I have brought through the youth system. But having read some of the career threads on here in the last couple of weeks, mostly to get through the monotony of the working day, I have decided to start and document a career in FM13.

To begin, I have a limited number of leagues and divisions within those leagues that I can start with due to my laptop's ability, so the leagues that are loaded are:

England Prem & Champs

France Ligue1 & 2

Germany 1st & 2nd Divisions

Italia Seria A & B

Portugal Premier & Second Leagues

Spain La Liga & Adelante

Turkey Premier & First Divisions

So I decided on having more available countries and less divisions in each as I have found that the less countries you have the less competitive the game comes as you progress. With any luck at some point I will be able to invest in a better computer (with it sole use being for FM) to allow me to include more leagues and tackle a more challenging career in future...

I will shortly post the start of my game.

As an extra note, my laptop doesn't have a print screen button and laziness I am blessed/cursed with prevented me from typing out my results and the leagues, until I found a way to perform a print screen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team I chose is Bochum in the German 2nd division. To say I chose isn't exactly true, I selected random, firstly it came up with Cardiff City. Now as a former resident of the Welsh capital I did ponder this for a few minutes but decided it was not time for me, also, I cannot quite accept them playing in red. So I spun again and Bochum were the erm... winners?!??

So Bochum do not have a great team and do not any money so recruitment was impossible, could not bring any players in and nobody wanted my players that I wanted to offload and to add to this the players I tried to loan went elsewhere, so started with the players that are there when I joined

A few shout outs to some posters who inspired me to document this

SRL88

withnail316

danielgear

dafuge

JackJCFC

There is one more to come but i will honour this guy in a separate post.

I have my eye on many other posts to check out in next couple of weeks too

Here comes my results up to the point that I figured out how to print my screen shots

Have never taken control on friendlies as I prefer to use my pre-season time to take care of transfers, probably should have used the time controlling friendlies given how the transfer market turned out

After a further 3 games without winning I was expecting the sack and had been threatened with it before the game against Braunshcweig. So I thought I would seek some tactical advice and as you can see in the next game it worked a beauty

screenshot20130301at214.png

Ok, so they were bottom of league, or very near it at the time but we needed that win so badly, the cup match against schalke was another fine display and it took them until the 112th minute to get the winner, for some reason the board were really angry about that result???

And so the season re-starts

screenshot20130301at214.png

Not too happy with the Dresden but we did not deserve to win

Played this game without my first choice centre backs as both are injured, one had been out for the previous 2 months, though most of that was during the break. Though I got to give a big up to my defenders even during our terrible early season form they were the only positive and we could have lost many games by more goals without their outstanding efforts

March-ing on (terrbile pun, sorry)

screenshot20130301at214k.png

Got my striker sent off for an elbow against Aue who were 1 place above us and 2-1 ahead at the time, had given up any hope, but a late equaliser kept alive the faint hope of getting near the promotion place-off spot as we stayed within touching distance

Didn't deserve the win against Union Berlin (top of the league) and got a late penalty, not complaining

You should be ok, plenty of decent freebies will be available and bargains :cool:

Very true, I have always found that the 1st season is the hardest to recruit players, and becomes easier after that

It wasn't to be, as we played poorly to a 0-0 draw and didn't get a single one of our 9 shots on target while FSV went to St Pauli and won 5-0 so they deserve to go up automatically. The play-off game against the 16th place team Dusseldorf for a place in the Bundesliga it is

screenshot20130301at230.png

Good luck with the end of the season, it's a squeaker!

Thanks for the support, was not to be but can't have too many complaints as we played poorly when it mattered most at the end. had so much hope after the perfect month of April. Will hope that our good morale will do us well against a team that has spent most of the season on the wrong end of results. Though if we do make it up we will need a lot players to make the squad capable of staying up

Just an awesome result ahead early on and never had a bad threat thanks to our defensive set up they couldn't break us down. Actually very disappointed to not be 2-0 up going back home as our striker missed a sitter 1-on-1

screenshot20130301at231.png

Well I'd like to write that we took part in a dramatic play-off final that will be remembered by years to come by football fans across Germany but that simply isn't the case. But hey-ho we saw out a bore draw and are in the Bundesliga next season

screenshot20130301at233.png

Around the rest of the leagues I started with

Premier League

1st Chelsea 2nd Man City 3rd Man Utd

Seria A

1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athelic Madrid

La Liga

1st Juventus 2nd AC Milan 3rd Napoli

Bundesliga

1st Dortmund 2nd B Gladbach 3rd FC Bayner

Portugal Premiera League

1st Sporting 2nd Benfica 3rd FC Porto

Turkey Premier League

1st Galatasaray 2nd Fenerbache 3rd Sivasspor

Ligue 1

1st OM 2nd PSG 3rd Saint-Etienne

Champions League

1st Man Utd 2nd Real Madrid

Europa League

1st OM 2nd Galatasaray

I suppose I better give a big up to the players at Bochum who performed best for us over the season

Marcel Maltritz CB - Centre back that was the rock our defence was built upon, though he was out for a couple of months but most of it was during the winter break we did miss him for the games he could play 90 mins when coming back to fitness

Dimitrios Grammozis DM - one of our 3 kings in the DM position both his goals were screamers and 11 assists

Lukas Sinkiewicz CB - our other centre back that held things together

Christoph Dabrowski DM - the anchor man in our 3 DM positions, played the ball beautifully out from deep to set up many attacks

Nikoloz Gelashvili ST - our top scorer, could have got more and think he will need to be replaced by much better in the big league

Congrats on winning promotion in your first season :thup:

Thanks. I would have happily taken a top half finish with the way we started but got a good roll going and other teams dropped points.

Going to be very hard to stay up. Have 4 players that are just about good enough to cut it at the top, the rest need replacing which with no money is next to impossible. I reckon we can get 3 players in on permanent deals and look at taking another 3-4 on loan. But if we go straight back down then we'll deal with it and look to come straight back up again.

Got some players in, tough times again with little budget and finding quality

screenshot20130302at142.png

Radi - AMR/ST youth player, one for the future, should be good enough to come thorugh

Mendy - DM happy to get this player, tried last season but couldn't agree a fee, 21yo comes on a free and provides strength in depth for our 3 man DM

Mouyokolo - CB loaned and provides cover at the back for our first choice centre pairing

Albelda - DM experience and further options for the DM, hopefully he can avoid too many injuries, only plan to keep him for one year

Masiello - LB better than our current LB and at 31 we have an experienced back 4

Weiser - AMR youngster on load from FC Bayern and gives us another option on the wing

Have received £800k for our players £500k for a defender who was not as good as the CBs I have now so was happy with that. £200k for a striker who was not good enough and £100 for a left midfielder who could not adapt into our formation. Let 18 player go who were out of contract and were either surplus to requirements form the U23s or were on much higher money than they deserved and still wanted more.

Overall a lot happier than last season. Looking to take a couple more loan players on.

WOW WHAT A START TO THE SEASON!!! I could not have asked for more than this. When I saw these opening fixtures I thought we would do well to come out with more than a point but I never expected this start. By no means were either of these results flukes, we controlled both games expertly. The only sour note is that our new striker has picked up an injury but only a 2 week absence expected.

screenshot20130302at191.png

And September hasn't been too shabby either. Can't have any complaints against Mainz as we offered very little in attack. Was slightly disappointed to concede our only league goal this season to Schalke but can't be unhappy with 3 points to our local rivals

screenshot20130302at205.png

screenshot20130302at205.png

Archived