[FM13] Alphabet Europe, excluding few nations

Tush

Hello all!

I decided to make my attempt at slightly easier version of European Alphabet challenge. Let me explain:

I aim to win the top league of every nation I selected.

I will progress in alphabetical order, starting with Austria, all the way to Wales.

I decided to exclude some top nations, which you can find below.

I will be starting unemployed, with Automatic past experience, to ensure I get at least the lowest club job.

Only after winning the league will I quit & holiday/declare interest till I get a job offer from the next country (any club).

I can switch clubs in the nation I am currently in.

If I get a national job, I won't mind it.

I will post career update every 3 months, or if something major happens between the intervals

If I win some league, I think I won't resign straight away, but I'll atleast play the Champs league for the next season, if only for the sake of small managerial reputation boost :cool:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My manager's name will be Thomas Tush (First name & Nickname). I'm 19, from Slovakia.

So off I go to load up the game with Austria & Belarus. I will be informing you shortly on the jobhunting progress.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nations:

Austria X

Belarus X

Belgium X

Bulgaria X

Croatia X

Czech Republic X

Denmark X

Finland X

Greece X

Holland X

Hungary X

Iceland X

Ireland X

Israel X

Northern Ireland X

Norway X

Poland X

Portugal X

Romania X

Russia X

Scotland X

Serbia X

Slovakia X

Slovenia X

Sweden X

Switzerland X

Turkey X

Ukraine X

Wales X

Exceptions: England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain

I may or may not eventually decide to include some of these, but for now I'm satisfied with my pick :)

If anyone wants to do a career with same conception, you are free to do so ;) You could also let me know so I can follow your progress :)

Status Post

career1.jpg

Career status:

Season             Team                        League                          Final Position                
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13            SC Austria Lustenau         Austrian First Division         8th
2013/14            SC Austria Lustenau         Austrian First Division         2nd
2014/15            SC Austria Lustenau         Austrian First Division         1st
2015/16            SC Austria Lustenau         Austrian Premier Division       6th

Season             Country                     Starting World Ranking          Current World Ranking                
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16 - *        Chile                       20th                            5th

Trophies:

2014/2015 - SC Austria Lustenau - Austrian First Division
2016/2017 - Chile - Copa América

Other notable awards/player records:

2013/14 - Pierre Boya - Austrian First Division Top goalscorer - 19 goals
2014/15 - Jean-Christophe Durand - Austrian First Division Young Star of the Year
2015/16 - Emin Sulimani - Austrian Premier Division assists record beaten - 17 league assists, 19 total

November 2012, Thomas Tush is offered a job at SC Austria Lustenau.

scal.jpg

The job is accepted! We are paying more than is the wage budget, which will be one of the first tasks to fix. Now let's have a closer look at the club.

SC Austria Lustenau

scallogo.jpg

Squad:

sportclubaustrialustenae.th.png

Pretty balanced squad. There are many injuries on good players, but even with that, the starting 11 is decent. Goalkeeper is 39 but we have the injured 25yr old one, who looks good.

Apart from that we will need to sign a capable DM, as the one we use is aging.

League Table:

austrianfirstdivisionov.th.png

We are 10th, which is relegation spot to non-playable league. However, 5 points are separating us to relegation playoff spot, and 9 points to safezone.

With 22 matches to go, it is realistic that we can save ourselves.

Club information:

scaustrialustenauinform.th.png

I can see why the manager was sacked. Sitting at rock bottom of the league while being predicted to finish 3rd. I shall save Lustenauer from dropping out!

Facilities:

scaustrialustenauinform.th.png

The conditions are ok, I am pleased that we will have undersoil heating. Other facilities are decent, although we could do with better youth recruitment.

Next update on December-January breakthrough.

Thanks DizzyPenguin, I thought about large images, but someone somewhere said that many images may slow the page loading time, I'm not sure if that is ok with everyone. :)

I guess I could do it like this:

As large images I could put the 3-month fixtures, or important messages, and as thumbnails I can put seasonal league table, squad, and other stuff. That could work I think :)

SC Austria Lustenau

Fixtures:

fxtr1.jpg

Struggling much, I guess. The worst part was a draw against SV Horn, as they are above us, and we took lead in that match :/

League table:

table1i.jpg

Transfers history:

scaustrialustenautransf.th.png

The only player I signed is Emin Sulimani. He can play pretty much all mid/forward positions I use, which is useful, as Austrian First division allows only 5 subs.

Few unnecessary players went out to lower the worsening financial situation and free up wage budget.

Next update will be on March&April breakthrough.

SC Austria Lustenau

Fixtures:

fxtr2.jpg

Below decent performance, 2 of those matches we should have won, but conceded a late equalizer/winner.

League table:

table2k.jpg

Not looking shiny, hopefully better times will come, else I will have to look for a new job. 11 matches to go.

Youth intake:

intake1q.th.jpg

Werner Mattle is looking like great prospect. He can jump onto first squad immediately after he is registered.

Next update will be June&July breakthrough.

SC Austria Lustenau

Season 1 (2012/2013) Finished:

Fixtures:

fxtr3.jpg

Finally the good run came, although the games were very close and I was worried till the last minute to not give up 3 points. Good hard work seen here saved us this season from relegation

League Table:

table3j.jpg

Winning last match, and Horn and Altach losing theirs saw us overtake them to 8th position surviving this season.

When I came here we had to get back point deficit. I think we could do mid-table position or better now, if we get normal results.

Transfers:

transfer1v.th.jpg

A bunch of players left and I brought in Mario Lösch, the DM I mentioned we need.

I'll start the new season now, the next update will be September&October breakthrough

SC Austria Lustenau

Fixtures:

fxtr4.jpg

Now it is really good that we started performing alot better. I hope we will keep going like this.

League Table:

table4y.jpg

Series of good results sees us sitting on the 3rd position, with a view of achieving something greater

Transfers:

Brian Behrendt brought on loan, playing for us mainly as DM.

Next update will be on January 2014

SC Austria Lustenau

Fixtures:

fxtr5.jpg

Bad bad run ... that did hurt our ambition of achieving something greater a little.

League Table:

table5w.jpg

Things got a little worse, but it is still a lot better position than the year before. If we get some results, we could move higher.

SC Austria Lustenau

Fixtures:

fxtr6.jpg

League table:

table6l.jpg

We are doing well in my opinion. We are safe in top half finish, and the difference between us and 2nd spot is minimal with 10 games left to go.

Next update will be on July 2014

SC Austria Lustenau

Season 2 (2013/2014) Finished:

Fixtures:

fxtr7.jpg

League table:

table7.jpg

We almost gave up our chances by losing to LASK and Polten, but nice results in last 3 games, and also Polten losing, bumped us to 2nd spot.

Now I think we should aim to get promoted next year. 2 old players retired in june, so we should look for another DC/DR.

Pierre Boya was First Division top goalscorer with 19 goals.

Next update will be on October 2014

SC Austria Lustenau

Fixtures:

fxtr8.jpg

League Table:

table8t.jpg

Transfers:

Signed french AMR/MR Jean-Christophe Durand who was out of contract. He is pacy which suits the Inside forward role he will play. :)

Good start to the season, say no to draws! After 7 wins we sit on the 1st spot, but everything can change in one game. But if we perform like we did till now, we could hold onto it.

It would be good to get promoted, as I would no longer be limited by First division rules: min 3 under 21 players, max 3 over 21 foreign players.

The under 21 is fine, but I would like more foreign players, because everyone out of Austria is treated as foreign in the First Division. In Premier you can have as many EU players as you want.

Next update will be on January 2015.

Fixtures:

fxtr9.jpg

Don't get Winkler and Tipuric confused as good goalscoring strikers ;) those 2 are my CD's :cool:

League Table:

table9.jpg

Transfers:

Signed Augustine Jibrin - young nigerian CD

We are holding a close 1 point lead, but the pleasing fact is, that 3rd team is 6 points away. Had we not lost the lead in last match against SC Wiener Neustadt, we would have been a lot safer.

Next pleasing stuff is, that we beat the actual austrian premier division leaders FK Austria Wien in overtime, progressing into Qtr Final of Austrian FA Cup :)

Fingers crossed for another set of good results.

The next update will be on April 2015.

Thanks for encouragement, guys! :)

Fixtures:

fxtr10.jpg

League Table:

table10t.jpg

Not exactly run I would have wanted, but nevertheless, we are still 1st. Just 11 matches to go, we could do it this season!

I was thinking about applying to one of the Premier division clubs, but decided against it, as if we win the First Division, I will get a rep boost which would make applying easier in the future :)

Next update will be on July 2015.

SC Austria Lustenau

Season 3 (2014/2015) Finished:

Fixtures:

fxtr11.jpg

League Table:

table11.jpg

After going on a really bad run which almost made me give up our promotion chances, we bounced back with a nice run, ensuring safe point lead and winning the league.

We are promoted to Premier Division! :) Now it has to be my priority to finish 9th or higher, to ensure we don't drop back. :)

Jean-Christophe Durand put in great performances and scored several goals, which helped us a great deal.

Next update will be on October 2015.

Fixtures:

fxtr12.jpg

League Table:

table12.jpg

Transfers:

Alexander Stolz - DC on loan from our parent club Leverkusen

Imad Najah - DM signed on a free transfer

Samuel Nicolas - French GK signed on a free transfer

In my opinion this is not a bad start, considering we just got promoted. We were the first team to score in every match, but as you can see, we threw many points away as the 90 minutes progressed.

The match I'd like to highlight as a majestic throw was 3-4 loss away at Sturm Graz, the table leaders. We quickly got into the lead, then we conceded 2. I changed tactics to overload, we scored 2 goals to make the score 3-2 for us. With less than 10 minutes to go I put Contain tactics in, and we conceded 2 goals on 90(+1), and 90(+3). Professional throw. :thdn:

On a positive note, I would like to highlight the 5-0 win against FC Wacker Innsbruck, where Jean-Christophe Durand scored a 13-minute wide hattrick. :)

I think we should aim higher than just surviving, after what I saw from the team.

job1.jpg

Applied to those 2 nations, and I got the job offers! :)

chile1.jpg

I'm delighted that I was able to get a job at such a good country. I'm sure you'll recognize names such as Alexis Sanchéz, Arturo Vidal, Isla, Vargas :)

Chilean FA expect us to comfortably qualify to World Cup :)

chiletable1p.jpg

SC Austria Lustenau

Fixtures:

fxtr13.jpg

League Table:

table13.jpg

Bad period of 8 games, from which we looted just 3 points, and we failed to score in 6 of them. On the positive note, our balance with Wacker Innsbruck is 3 to 0, and the goal balance with them is 10 to 0 :D

At least we won last 2 games of the year, as it bumped us to 7th position.

Well, we are a weak team compared to the actual top 5 teams on the table, so it's no wonder that we find it hard to score.

However, we've shown that we can do something, and things should only get better and better :)

Chile

Fixtures:

chilefxtr2.jpg

League Table:

chiletable2.jpg

Just 2 games played, but a fine performance overall. Let's hope we stay in the direct promotion places for the time being :)

SC Austria Lustenau:

Fixtures:

fxtr14.jpg

League Table:

table14.jpg

Transfers:

Rodolphe Burel - Young ST from France, as of now he has scored 6 in 8 games, with the debut hat-trick I posted earlier.

Good results from friendlies against slovakian Senica, and swiss Basel, were followed with excellent performance in league, firing us onto the 6th league spot. Although we can be challenged by Wacker, that pretty much sums it, as I doubt we can drop to 8th place and lose our 10 point lead. Red Bull Salzburg are falling below expectations if we look at placement, but they have high Goal Difference, and as you can see, one matchday can make them 2nd. Sturm Graz should be safe now.

8 games to go, let's try to repeat how we played in February! :)

SC Austria Lustenau

Season 4 (2015/2016) Finished:

Fixtures:

fxtr15.jpg

League Table:

table15.jpg

Not an awesome finish, but we managed to keep the 6th place, which is historical success for SC Austria Lustenau.

Although I enjoyed my spell there, and grew attached to few players I bought & developed over the 3 years, bad finish for FC Red Bull Salzburg meant they sacked their manager.

I applied to the job, and my board said they hope I'd say.

redbullsz.jpg

I got the job offer, and I accepted it. I hope that Lustenau will have positive seasons and that they will stay in Premier Division.

I have to move on to the better club, and RB is a great one for accelerating the completion of austrian part of the challenge.

job2d.jpg

FC Red Bull Salzburg

fcrbz.jpg

Squad:

fcrbsquad.th.jpg

Club information:

fcrbinfo.th.jpg

Facilities:

fcrbfacil.th.jpg

Everything is better compared to Lustenau, this should make it alot easier to be very competitive in league matches.

Of course I'll aim to bring 1/2/3 gem players from Lustenau :D

Bring the next season on!

Chile:

World ranking over the half-year improved from 20th to 14th.

Fixtures:

chilefxtr3.jpg

South America WCQ Table:

wcq1.jpg

Copa America Table:

copaagroup1.jpg

Great performance overall, the late penalty winner in 2nd game against Peru gave us the 3 points which meant we will safely qualify from the 1st position.

In WCQ we are doing generally well, still swimming in the green qualifying sea :)

Next international update will be in December 2016. By then, we will play 6 matches - 1 friendly (French Guaiana) and 5 WCQ (Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia, Argentina)

edit: Actually I discovered that Copa America will be played now, so I will update after it finishes.

Chile:

Copa América

Just read :thup:

Quarter-Final vs Paraguay

copaaqtr.jpg

Late winner from Vargas ensured that we won't play overtime & penalties if necessary. Getting to Semi-Final was already a nice achievement.

Semi-Final vs Argentina

copaasemi.jpg

We took a lead in first half, and we didn't give it up! Brazil beat Colombia 1-0, which meant we will play them in Final.

Final vs Brazil

copaafinal.jpg

copaawin.th.jpg

Robinho put Brazil into 0-1 lead on 31st minute, but we quickly replied with Andia's header to equalize the score. Leandro Damiao scored again on 42nd minute. 1-2 for Brazil.

What followed in 2nd half is absolutely brilliant. Eduardo Vargas scored on 60th minute to make the score 2-2, but then he made a break for it and got another ball in,

making us lead for the first time in the match! Those 2 goals were scored after I set the mentality to "Counter". I waited till 85th minute to set the mentality to "Contain", and it worked!

Chile 3-2 Brazil, we've done it! :applause:

I am also the first Slovakian manager to win an international competition! And I've been inducted in Slovakian Hall of Fame. :)

I'm over the moon with this unexpected success :)

FC Red Bull Salzburg

Fixtures:

fxtr16.jpg

League Table:

table16.jpg

Transfers: 7M spent | 3M received

Jean-Christophe Durand - €2.4M from my previous club, very good french AMR

Samuel Nicolas - €1.2M - from my previous club, also french, GK

Vagif Cavadov - Free - great signing considering I signed him for free, great technical attributes, AML

Vuk Mitosevic - €3.3M - also quite expensive, but I had the money available, DM

What can I say? The difference in quality is huge. I had the money to strengthen all the required areas, namely GK, DM, AMR and AML.

The league performance was way better than I expected, and this can be seen in the scores & goal difference (25 scored, 4 conceded).

Rapid Wien are trying to catch us, but 6 point difference will be hard to close for them, if we keep performing like we did. And the 13 point gap to 3rd position...no words are necessary :)

I tried to build a good squad which can play for a few years, but if things keep going this way, next season I will be happily playing ECC and looking for a job in Belarus :)

FC Red Bull Salzburg's both facilities have both been upgraded to Top level, they spent 16m before I joined to make both upgrades at the same time.

I'm thinking that before I leave, and that will be over next season probably, I will save this game and continue as RB manager someday, as the status of the team is excellent now.

FC Red Bull Salzburg

Fixtures:

fxtr17.jpg

League Table:

table17.jpg

The run continued, still without a single defeat, which is by far the best league start I have ever had on FM. :)

We had a "weak" spot with 3 draws in a row, but the 7-0 win against my previous team once again proved the quality difference, and that I have made a good choice.

The difference between us and 2nd team is getting bigger and bigger, and it currently stands at 14 points.

So guys, looks like first country will be completed from this challenge :thup:

Archived