[FM13] Released England Level 9 DB

I have been working on database to work down as far as level 9 as all info is already in database since 2am GMT

Just have to rebuild FA Trophy so competition starts as in real life at preliminary round so that all level 5-8 teams are included and are playable when managing a club at those levels

Also means to be even more realistic will have to rebuild FA Cup to start as in real life as at moment starts at 2nd qualifying round meanining if you manage a level 7,8,9 team you would probably have no cup ties

FA Vase will also be added as will have all the teams sorted for FA cup so wont take so long to build that comp as well

May also add in Northern, Southern and Isthmian Cups if doesnt create a fixture problem for higher leagues like last year, also hoping other cups dont cause that problem.

link to download db file:- Level 9 with FA Vase included

changes so far

v1.01 changes

added Regional Premier Leagues
added Regional First Divisions
add County League Premier Divisions
add number of promotion and relegation places and divisional promotion routes

v1.02

added boundaries to all added leagues (levels 7,8 9) as best i can wait to see results of testing to see if needs tinkering with

v1.03

Rebuilt FA Trophy to included all 266 teams starting at Preliminary round in Sept as in real life including prize money as currently shown on FA website

going to start a test run whilst working on other few bits to check whether fixtures get changed for hard coded leagues after FA trophy rebuild

still to do

add level 10 league names to db so can add teams that are in db to correct league to help make rebuilding FA Cup easier (saves having to search and add individual teams when building)

Build Fa Vase from scratch

Hopefully will be ready for full test in next couple of hours and if testing goes well plan to share with forum over the weekend

had a quick look at premier fixtures and already fixtures aren't being played on FA Trophy dates have got this down to i think 1 weekend now

this happened last year and SI were looking at what causes this to happen but hasn't been solved

so off to report it

now dreading rebuilding FA Cup as that means adding at least 3 rds to start of season so if it moves those games too will have fixture congestion later in year especially for top league teams

Just a quick update on progress all is going well just starting a test of v1.05 to see if after adding FA Vase any problems occur.

While thats testing will rebuild FA Cup ready to test after current test finishes.

Looking good for sharing with forum tomorrow as will leave completely edited version to run overnight tonight to test stability and see if anything goes wrong and if happy then it will be full steam ahead for everyone.

v1.01 changes 

added Regional Premier Leagues
added Regional First Divisions
added County League Premier Divisions 
added number of promotion and relegation places and divisional promotion routes  

v1.02 

added boundaries to all added leagues (levels 7,8 9) as best i can wait to see results of testing to see if needs tinkering with 

v1.03

Rebuilt FA Trophy to included all 266 teams starting at Preliminary round in Sept as in real life including prize money as currently shown on FA website

v1.04 

created level 10 divisions and added all teams in db to each league to help with FA Cup rebuild and FA Vase creation

v1.05 

added FA Vase using same dates as FA Trophy to avoid moving even more fixtures in Top 4 divisions and prize money amounts from FA website

its doing my head with rebuilding of FA Cup so its playable when managing at lower levels in the early qualifying rounds

have got it all set up but doesn't matter whether its on seeded by division reputattion or random teams

i get premier league teams in extra preliminary round

don't know what to do to fix this

any suggestions appreciated so i can get this testing tonight to check stability then will be able share with you all

or the only other option would be to share with you all but you would be unable to play in FA Cup till your team is randomly chosen by the game to play in the second qualifying round

hi guys have decided to release v1.05 level 9 with FA Vase added as can't get FA Cup to work properly on rebuilding it to copy real life

testing overnight on v1.05 was succesful so am pleased to release my Level 9 database with FA Vase included, link in OP

found when i went into editor all level 7 8 9 leagues were all setup with correct teams in database already by si

so only had to create level 10 divisions in db and added all level 10 teams that are in db to each which then made building FA Vase easier

but level 10 did have some teams missing from a few divisions but as not making active in game doesn't matter

even with that the FA Vase still has 531 teams enterd and in real life this season there is 543 entered if i remember correctly from research done when building comp into db so not that many teams missing

i decided not to create the missing teams as you know what will happen people will say this is wrong thats not correct so not worth it also may cause errors too

plus if i start to add more than i've already done it will start to slow game down in the long term as can currently holiday a season on my average pc in just over 2 hours

i may look at adding in level 7 & 8 cups as wont make too much difference to game speed but only if it doesnt move top division fixtures like what kept happening last year when adding extra cups

i've already had someone asking me to include county cups I WILL DEFINATELY NOT BE INCLUDING COUNTY CUPS as this involves adding too much information into db thats required to do this which therefore in along term career game will gradually slow down with all the extra processing that will be required and also if i remember rightly this also causes the top division to be moved as well

its doing my head with rebuilding of FA Cup so its playable when managing at lower levels in the early qualifying rounds

have got it all set up but doesn't matter whether its on seeded by division reputattion or random teams

i get premier league teams in extra preliminary round

don't know what to do to fix this

any suggestions appreciated so i can get this testing tonight to check stability then will be able share with you all

or the only other option would be to share with you all but you would be unable to play in FA Cup till your team is randomly chosen by the game to play in the second qualifying round

Are you using the default settings or custom to build FA Cup ?, if your using default open up xml and check whether next to seeding rule if theres a true or false, my guess is if there is its set as false so change to true.

If that doesn't work try building it with the custom option, I find this is a better way to make cup competitions anyway as it allows you to add in a few extras like naming rounds etc.

Are you using the default settings or custom to build FA Cup ?, if your using default open up xml and check whether next to seeding rule if theres a true or false, my guess is if there is its set as false so change to true.

If that doesn't work try building it with the custom option, I find this is a better way to make cup competitions anyway as it allows you to add in a few extras like naming rounds etc.

had rebuilt from scratch in custom and rename rounds correctly but when i set draw to seed by rep top dvision teams are in extra prelim rd and when choose random teams the same happens, so will going into xml file to check those lines say true help in custom build as new to this editing lark

I'm looking at your database right now. I can help you with recreating FA Cup from the scratch as I done it in the past for myself. Some pointers:

- There's no point in adding inactive Level 10 teams in FA Vase like IRL. Just add all the Level 9 teams and that's that. Sometimes simple is better. The same goes to FA Cup (Add all the playable teams from level 1-9 when recreating it). This way you won't have teams from Premiership playing in the FA Vase or FA Cup starting from 2nd season (To make it simple: Don't add any Level 10 teams in the cups you are creating if the database only goes down to Level 9. This is essential in the long run).

- Adding County Cups and Real Fixtures are useless. No need to add that because in the long run they won't make any difference

- Add just Regional Cups for the Level 9 Divisions (ex: Combined Counties Cup, Midland Alliance Cup, Northern League Cup etc.).

- More important is to add awards for every sub-divisions of Level 7, 8 and 9 which is time consuming but worth it.

- Don't add any relegation places for the Level 9 leagues. It's better this way. Trust me. You should concentrate on getting relegations from Level 8 to Level 9 and promotions from Level 9 to Level 8 to work properly. That's probably the most important thing of this database.

- Everyone playing this database should have Level 9 Divisions set as active when staring a new game. There's no point playing with this database if you'll activate only level 7 or Level 8 as active when starting a new game. Even if you start playing with a Level 7 or Level 8 team, Level 9 should be active from the start.

- All the teams from Level 9 should have Regional Division tabs completed (Even if you added Regional Boundaries for all the sub-divisions and you set Division for Promoted Teams for them) .Every year you may see some level 8 (or level 9) clubs switch to another level 8 (or level 9) league at the end of a season.

Read this to see what I mean (taken from a forum long time ago):

"I shouldn't say properly, because the way the game handles the data is pretty bad, and you won't have a 100% success rate, but you can get pretty close if you put in some work. You have probably already noticed that there's a new regional boundaries section for newly created competitions. The idea behind that is that you can set four boundaries and only clubs that fall into the boundaries are supposed to get placed in that competition. It would be great if it worked that easily, but unfortunately it doesn't.

The very first pitfall is that boundaries can only work if the game knows where a particular club is located, and the only thing tying a club to the map is its stadium. So you'll have to go through all the clubs and make sure they have a stadium set. An easy way to do that is to filter the clubs by your nation and by "Stadium" "Is" "" (yeah, that's a blank). However, you'll also have to make sure that each stadium is in a city, which in turn has proper coordinates set in the db. This is usually the case, but there are some countries in the db where a lot of coordinates are missing.

Ok, now you've gone through all this work, simulate a season, and goddarnit, it still won't work? Welcome to Editor hell. Unfortunately, there are scenarios where the clubs will have to be moved, and that's when the game is making up its own rules on how to do that.

For example, let's say you have a Northern and Southern division, with one promotion spot each. Now two northern teams from the tier above are getting relegated, and none from the South. What the game should be doing is move the Northern team closest to the southern boundary to the Southern division. However, what will most likely be happening instead is that one or more teams randomly switch divisions, without regard to geography. With teams getting promoted from below and with more than two regional divisions on a tier, things get exponentially worse, to the point that the entire mix looks very random.

Thankfully, there is still the old "regional divisions" tab available on each club page, and you can use that to improve the accuracy significantly. Set a regional division for each level (tier) for each club, and watch the number of mismatches go down dramatically. I can't explain why this is happening, but it did the trick for me. You'll still get the occasional odd move, but you will no longer see multiple senseless re-locations that completely shuffle the divisions."

I'm looking at your database right now. I can help you with recreating FA Cup from the scratch as I done it in the past for myself. Some pointers:

- There's no point in adding inactive Level 10 teams in FA Vase like IRL. Just add all the Level 9 teams and that's that. Sometimes simple is better. The same goes to FA Cup (Add all the playable teams from level 1-9 when recreating it). This way you won't have teams from Premiership playing in the FA Vase or FA Cup starting from 2nd season (To make it simple: Don't add any Level 10 teams in the cups you are creating if the database only goes down to Level 9. This is essential in the long run).

- Adding County Cups and Real Fixtures are useless. No need to add that because in the long run they won't make any difference

- Add just Regional Cups for the Level 9 Divisions (ex: Combined Counties Cup, Midland Alliance Cup, Northern League Cup etc.).

- More important is to add awards for every sub-divisions of Level 7, 8 and 9 which is time consuming but worth it.

- Don't add any relegation places for the Level 9 leagues. It's better this way. Trust me. You should concentrate on getting relegations from Level 8 to Level 9 and promotions from Level 9 to Level 8 to work properly. That's probably the most important thing of this database.

- Everyone playing this database should have Level 9 Divisions set as active when staring a new game. There's no point playing with this database if you'll activate only level 7 or Level 8 as active when starting a new game. Even if you start playing with a Level 7 or Level 8 team, Level 9 should be active from the start.

- All the teams from Level 9 should have Regional Division tabs completed (Even if you added Regional Boundaries for all the sub-divisions and you set Division for Promoted Teams for them) .Every year you may see some level 8 (or level 9) clubs switch to another level 8 (or level 9) league at the end of a season.

Read this to see what I mean (taken from a forum long time ago):

"I shouldn't say properly, because the way the game handles the data is pretty bad, and you won't have a 100% success rate, but you can get pretty close if you put in some work. You have probably already noticed that there's a new regional boundaries section for newly created competitions. The idea behind that is that you can set four boundaries and only clubs that fall into the boundaries are supposed to get placed in that competition. It would be great if it worked that easily, but unfortunately it doesn't.

The very first pitfall is that boundaries can only work if the game knows where a particular club is located, and the only thing tying a club to the map is its stadium. So you'll have to go through all the clubs and make sure they have a stadium set. An easy way to do that is to filter the clubs by your nation and by "Stadium" "Is" "" (yeah, that's a blank). However, you'll also have to make sure that each stadium is in a city, which in turn has proper coordinates set in the db. This is usually the case, but there are some countries in the db where a lot of coordinates are missing.

Ok, now you've gone through all this work, simulate a season, and goddarnit, it still won't work? Welcome to Editor hell. Unfortunately, there are scenarios where the clubs will have to be moved, and that's when the game is making up its own rules on how to do that.

For example, let's say you have a Northern and Southern division, with one promotion spot each. Now two northern teams from the tier above are getting relegated, and none from the South. What the game should be doing is move the Northern team closest to the southern boundary to the Southern division. However, what will most likely be happening instead is that one or more teams randomly switch divisions, without regard to geography. With teams getting promoted from below and with more than two regional divisions on a tier, things get exponentially worse, to the point that the entire mix looks very random.

Thankfully, there is still the old "regional divisions" tab available on each club page, and you can use that to improve the accuracy significantly. Set a regional division for each level (tier) for each club, and watch the number of mismatches go down dramatically. I can't explain why this is happening, but it did the trick for me. You'll still get the occasional odd move, but you will no longer see multiple senseless re-locations that completely shuffle the divisions."

If you create that i download this update ! :) I need county cup for a realistic game as possible

big_bob

will recreate fa cup but at moment waiting for sigames to get back to me as to why seeding doesn't work after creating comp and you load game up

with current hardcoded fa cup when it starts in game there is 116 random teams added to 160 teams that enter at different stages after 2nd qualifying round

thats 276 teams in hardcoded cup that are playable after 2nd qualifying round where as in real life down to level 9 there are 450 teams in all the leagues so thats 290 teams that are unplayable in fa cup to this point hence wanting to rebuild so can play all possible rounds with the lower league teams

but is impossible at moment till seeding by division rep is fixed in editor as this is selected but prem champ l1 & l2 teams in extra rounds i create when i load game

• 1 month later...

Had a brief look at it- looks good, might start a new game with it.

You've left the FA Cup as the default one in the link above?

Also have you tested it for a few seasons? I notice you haven't got relegations from the bottom tier, I take it because of the same issues Erimus had in his version?

• 2 years later...

Finally someone who may be able to relate to what I'm going through ...

Firstly I started Level 9 Combined Counties League with Epsom & Ewell, still not been entered into FA Cup and I am into my 3rd season :'( back to back promotions mean I am now in Southern Premier League. Weirder still the FA Cup seems to start at 2nd Qualifying Round as mentioned above, please help. I have started as Molesey before, Level 9, Combined Counties again and each year started in 1st Qualifying Round etc, even managed to get them into 3rd Round once :). Things are going great with Epsom I just miss the FA Cup.

Archived