Why is one of my players so good? Unbelievable strike rate!

OK, so a quick summary of my current progress on my friend and I's network game:

1st Season

Started as Sunderland - Sacked by December 31st

Got the Leeds job around March - Ended up finishing around 16th

2nd Season

Did a terrible job with Leeds - Sacked by November

Got the Carlisle job around December

This is where it gets interesting.....

I took over Carlisle in around 20th with half a season to play. No transfer budget, no wage budget. Could literally sign nobody, not even on loan.

With an already terrible team, I had to utilise some of my reserves. I tinkered with a few formations and found one that I thought I liked.

After a terrible start (AGAIN!) I decided to give some youngsters a chance to shine as no other of my strikers could score.

I started to play a young man called Paddy Madden. If you care to look at him on your games, he has got awful stats. Best stats are that he is relatively quick and really determined. Around 10 finishing.

To cut a long story short, by the end of the season, Paddy Madden had played around 25 games, and scored 35 goals. He ended up being top scorer in the league after only half a season of playing.

I thought this was a complete fluke but thought I would just carry on and hope he somehow does the same again at the start of the next season.

Ended up finishing just outside the playoffs.

Season 3

Ignoring the performance of the team (current sat top of the league and in 4th round of FA cup) I just want to ask about this Paddy Madden character.

He has played 27 games, and wait for it, has scored 52 goals. He currently has 44 goals in the league and we are only in January.

I have literally never seen anything like it, and I just dont understand how he has done it as his stats are terrible.

Has anyone ever experienced a scoring record like this before from somebody so terrible?

People talk about hidden stats, but I have no idea how to find these hidden stats! But surely he cant be that good anyway! Can he????

I have someone like that, rated as my 3rd best striker, in terms of physical stats he is 1ps in acceleration and pace faster than the 2nd fastest, in terms of dribbling, finishing, and first touch he is tied in 2nd, in terms of mental he is last as he only has good composure and determination.

Yet this guy scored 66 goals in the EPl last season, while by stats my primary striker only scored 25. And I use a rotation system where the striker plays every other game. I will sub this guy on at the 60th minute and he will bag a hattrick, it is unbelievable. What makes it even more unbelievable is that I always play him in my hardest games vs the big team, and my primary striker against weak teams, and this guy scored 5 goals against Barcelona at Camp Nou.

Kenco - what is the corner exploit? Apologies if I sound like an idiot and this is something very simple.

In terms of tactics, I use a 4-1-2-2-1 with 2 central midfielders and 2 wide wingers - Paddy Madden is the 1 up front in the centre. They are petty standard tactics as far as I am aware and I haven't tinkered with them an awful lot.

I was starting to think it was a bug with this one player though, as I can happily switch any other striker into that same position where he gets so many goals, and the replacement striker might get 1 goal in every 5 games.

The difference is definitely the player, as it doesn't happen with any other player. I will post some screenshots when I get the chance, I would actually be curious whether there is an actual weird bug with this one player? I cant explain it in any other way - when I can post his attributes, it is clear how terrible he is.

Funny... I use the same formation as you.

The corner exploit is setting your guy with the best heading ability to attack the near post, and set the corner taker to cross at the near post as well. The success rate is pretty good on most occasions.

Archived