FM 12 - Feeder Clubs

joekim87

Hello, how we all doing?

I looked around and couldn't find a thread on good on Feeder Clubs so I decided to make one of my own.

After reading this excellent thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262465-A-Guide-to-Developing-Youngsters, I realized that feeder clubs play a vital role in a clubs well-being. With good feeder teams we can send out good younsters out to get valuable game time, experience and develop them into real stars who will someday win you something fantastic OR be sold for a healthy profit. Another great use of feeder clubs is to gain exposure in foreign countries or even to get first option on their promising youngsters. For managers who aren't making full use of their feeder club options are really not doing themselves any favours. I'm honestly still a noob at Football Manager but even I can see the potential and importance of a good feeder club set up.

SO: This is where you come in. Yes you. Using the following format, recommend some great feeder clubs!

What Season:

Your Club:

Feeder Club:

What Type:

General INFO about Feeder Club:

Why do you recommend it:

Hmm... I hope that's a decent format... I'm open to critisim and the only reason I started this thread was to get good information myself :lol:, FIRE AWAY!

JOE

• 1 month later...

I usually choose a feeder team by the quality of that team and if my players will get first team football there. More interested in player development than anything else such as EU status etc. But I do find this game is much harder than FM11 for getting feeder clubs!

My board allowed me to choose a feeder club in mid second year...

I chose Real Sociedad and ...offcourse they didnt accept it...

Now there is no option availiable in Board request...

Will it return soon enough? I want to send my Latin Americans to gain Spanish Nationality :)

My board allowed me to choose a feeder club in mid second year...

I chose Real Sociedad and ...offcourse they didnt accept it...

Now there is no option availiable in Board request...

Will it return soon enough? I want to send my Latin Americans to gain Spanish Nationality :)

You have to wait a few months after each request I think. Sometimes the board won't be able to find anything for you anyway

I wish there was a better feature on the game for dealing with this. I find it so annoying where the board allow you to choose a club and then if the club reject you you cannot choose another for half a year. The board should come back to you and ask if there's another club you'd like to recommend to them rather than forgetting about the issue. If you don't get your feeder clubs set up properly it really destroys your youth system and you lose the long term value in a lot of investments.

Can't use the format as I'm posting from my phone but on my Celtic Game I've adopted a similar relationship to the one between udinese and Grenada for my Team with Oostende who start the game in the Belgium Second Division. They begin the game just as a work permit club but I send them about 20-30 players a year. They finished the 2018 season in Second place in the Top division and pretty much the entire match day squad was made up of my players every week. I spend a few mill a season on players for thier team with these players developing their then being sold for profit :)

Archived