Fm12 Crewe Alexandra Thread

brento

Welcome to the Crewe Alexandra thread for football manager 2012

200px-Crewe_Alexandra.svg.png

History

Crewe Alexandra is a english professional football club based in Crewe,Cheshire.Nicknamed the Railwaymen and currently play in football league two the fourth tier of english football.

The club was formed in 1877 and was founding members of the second division in 1892, but only lasting four years in the football league. Since re-entering the compettition in 1921 they have mostly remained in the lower leagues and have no major honours or league titles to there name. They have however, won several minor throphies, including the Cheshire premier cup and Cheshire senior cup.

In recent decades the club has been associated with manager Dario Gradi, whose 24-year tenure between 1983 and 2007 made him the longest serving manager in the football league. He had a further two year spell from 2009 to 2011. Gradi is known for focusing on youth development and promoting attractive, technical football. Notable players brought through the Crewe youth system include former internationals Neil Lennon, Danny murphy, Seth johnson and Dean ashton.

Stadium

popup_image.php?pID=27ℑ=0

Named the Alexandra stadium and has a capacity of 10,000 occupied by the club since 1898.

Information

Year founded - 1877

Status - professional

Reputation - regional

Nickname - railwaymen

Legends - Dario Gradi

Icons - Dean ashton, Danny murphy

Favoured personnel - Rob hulse,Neil lennon,Nicky maynard,Seth johnson,Luke varney,Madjid bougherra,Clayton Ince,Rodney jack,Steve macauley,Shaun smith

Robbie savage,jason kearton.

Fierce rivals - Port vale,Stoke city

other rivals - Stockport county, Wrexham

Season ticket holders - 2,100

squad analysis shortly.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Alan martin-first choice with 4*potential

Steve phillips-backup

Ben garratt only 17 and coach gives him 4* potential

Defenders

lack of depth here and is weak first choice centre backs David Artell and Adam dugdale backup in Carl martin but I think isnt good for this level.

Youth- George Ray and Harry Davis who both have 4 1/2* potential

Fullback- starting fullbacks Danny shelley,Matt tootle who can play left and right and your only left back.Cover comes in with Adam dugdale and Kelvin mellor.

Midfield

The strongest position at the club with star players Ashley westwood and Nick powell. Others Lee bell your defensive option with Ashley westwood and Luke murphy.

Wide players Byron moore,Ajay leitch-smith and Nick powell can play out wide.

Forwards

Only two notable players Shaun miller and Jordan connerton and backups Byron moore and Ajay leitch-smith.

A left back and a striker are your first position to strenghten but with only £1000 left on wages loan signings are your best option.

After 8 games in first season currently in 5th place,with the low wage budget i asked the board to increase and also got Bolton as my parent club.

Players in

Martin camano (cb) - free

Massimo luongo (amc/st) - loan

Jamil adam (st) -free

Jake bidwell (lb) - loan

Francois kompany (aml) - free

lawson D'ath (mc) - loan

Wesley yamnaine (cb) - free

I will be playing as Crewe at some point Steve Phillips should be the best GK going by real life, I also think Nick Powell is under rated. I will start a game with Crewe at some point over the coming months usually do but not got round to it on FM12, yet.

Jamil Adam is the main man.

• 3 weeks later...

Back to back promotions with Crewe, my Champ side as of yet is as follows, bit weak like:

Maenpaa

Adam Smith - J Lascelles - T Smith - L Hills

Crisetig

Powell - Westwood

W Keane - Sheridan - Clayton/Adam

Adam is out of contract and won't sign up but isn't leaving either, so he's on month to month, so who knows. I think I need at least one more CB and probs a CM and a striker too, LB probs too. Any suggestions? Got a bit of cash but trying to save it to prevent debt.

Going to start a Crewe save when the patch comes out and it will be my long term one. Was toying between Crewe and Crawley but settled for Crewe as they seem the most technically gifted and I like trying to play football. Barcalona my way up the leagues, thats the plan anyway. Anyone any advice on starting formation etc? and whether this will actually work.

Some more info for the OP if you want to add some to it although it's still work in progress - http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Crewe_Alexandra_FM12

I struggle to find any decent defenders, seems a bit harder to get good players for free at the start on this years FM.

Ben Thatcher was my first signing although he'll ask for high wages. As for loanees Bolton's Mark Connolly is a good player for the first couple of seasons.

Going to start a Crewe save when the patch comes out and it will be my long term one. Was toying between Crewe and Crawley but settled for Crewe as they seem the most technically gifted and I like trying to play football. Barcalona my way up the leagues, thats the plan anyway. Anyone any advice on starting formation etc? and whether this will actually work.

Probably a 4-3-3 variant.

Phillips

Shelley, Dugdale, Davis, new LB

Murphy, Bell (DMC), Westwood

Moore/new RW, Miller, Powell

Probably a 4-3-3 variant.

Phillips

Shelley, Dugdale, Davis, new LB

Murphy, Bell (DMC), Westwood

Moore/new RW, Miller, Powell

So the 4-5-1/4-3-3 hybrid, I like sounds like the way forward. I presume they dont have the best of RW as youve got new on there. Any recomendations?

My team is probs worse than last year, rep is so slow, need to just stay up, we have no left back. Team is as follows

Maenpaa

Nelson - Smith - Chester - A Smith

Crisetig

Allan - Westwood

Sheridan - Regen - Regen/Clayton/Keane

We have no depth, long season.

Who are the best youth prospects in the club? I am thinking about starting with Crewe and want to know who of them has the potential to play at least Championship football. Thanks in advance :)

is a good point that, who can make the grade as we play up the leagues.

Have a look on the link from about 5 posts up that I posted guys.

Jimbo - I had Montano on loan from West Ham playing as an inside forward on the right wing but you could loan in MK Dons winger/forward Lewis Guy.

is a good point that, who can make the grade as we play up the leagues.

Clayton, Powell and Westwood all play in Championship for me. We're doing really well, in play offs, my regen striker has 14 goals in 12 or something, we ain't ready to go up though!

Clayton, Powell and Westwood all play in Championship for me. We're doing really well, in play offs, my regen striker has 14 goals in 12 or something, we ain't ready to go up though!

seems like some good prospects then. Are there finances all ok? Sorry for the 21 questions just like to know a lot about a club from people with experience before I start.

Cant wait to get this save started, just waiting for the patch

seems like some good prospects then. Are there finances all ok? Sorry for the 21 questions just like to know a lot about a club from people with experience before I start.

Cant wait to get this save started, just waiting for the patch

I tend to drop red during season but make a profit after the year without selling, so pretty decent, on verge of prem though and stadium is deffo too small

Fixed that for you. ;)

I'm going to be starting a save with Crewe once the new patch comes out. Some nice tips in here so far. :thup:

Cheers, I really should of read properly before asking questions .

I think 4-5-1 is looking like the way forward . Play the passing game , build technical skills into the core of the team. That's my aim anyway, first season probably just try to say in a job .

Some nice tips in here so far. :thup:
Cheers, I really should of read properly before asking questions .

I think 4-5-1 is looking like the way forward . Play the passing game , build technical skills into the core of the team. That's my aim anyway, first season probably just try to say in a job .

Haha, that wasn't aimed at you. But your welcome. :D

I was meaning there's some good tips in here so far, for me to use when I start a new save with them. :thup:

Yeah I will be doing the same, 4-5-1/4-3-3 whilst trying to play nice football. (That's what I did with them on my FM11 Crewe save)

And I'll be trying to get the best out of Powell and Clayton again, see if they can break into the England U-19's/21's again too.

Haha, that wasn't aimed at you. But your welcome. :D

I was meaning there's some good tips in here so far, for me to use when I start a new save with them. :thup:

Yeah I will be doing the same, 4-5-1/4-3-3 whilst trying to play nice football. (That's what I did with them on my FM11 Crewe save)

And I'll be trying to get the best out of Powell and Clayton again, see if they can break into the England U-19's/21's again too.

SO them two youngsters are England standard are they? very interesting. Im spending most of my spare time now planning this save, work is non existent at the moment.

Jamil Adam, A LB and maybe even a RW are my transfer targets. Probably all loans. Release the deadwood, and im going to be very strict with who stays and who goes. Release most of the staff and renew the backroom, most coaches with an enphasis on technical skills. They aleady have a pretty top class youth academy I do believe.

@Marling You say your stadiums too small, have you had no expanding whatsoever

SO them two youngsters are England standard are they? very interesting. Im spending most of my spare time now planning this save, work is non existent at the moment.

Jamil Adam, A LB and maybe even a RW are my transfer targets. Probably all loans. Release the deadwood, and im going to be very strict with who stays and who goes. Release most of the staff and renew the backroom, most coaches with an enphasis on technical skills. They aleady have a pretty top class youth academy I do believe.

I'm not sure on FM12 (I've not managed them on FM12 yet) but on FM11 they were good enough for the youth teams after a couple of seasons.

Nick Powell turned into a great player for me, who could handle is own in the Premier League. (But on FM12 his starting attributes are lower than what they were on FM11, and he seems to get released by the AI, and rots away has a free agent)

Max Clayton turned into a great pacey striker for me, I didn't use him as much as Powell in the Premier League. But he had good attributes and went out on loan to Nott'm Forest in the Championship for 6 months for £1 million loan fee (plenty of Championship clubs wanted to take him on loan.)

I'm not sure on FM12 (I've not managed them on FM12 yet) but on FM11 they were good enough for the youth teams after a couple of seasons.

Nick Powell turned into a great player for me, who could handle is own in the Premier League. (But on FM12 his starting attributes are lower than what they were on FM11, and he seems to get released by the AI, and rots away has a free agent)

Max Clayton turned into a great pacey striker for me, I didn't use him as much as Powell in the Premier League. But he had good attributes and went out on loan to Nott'm Forest in the Championship for 6 months for £1 million loan fee (plenty of Championship clubs wanted to take him on loan.)

Sounds good, will keep my eye and put some time into these two. I like building for the future, never really gone up the leagues from a lower division before but can imagine the emphasis on youth is even greater

@Marling You say your stadiums too small, have you had no expanding whatsoever

None, can't afford it, however just won League Cup, in Europe next season, looking like promotion to prem too. Jesus this is getting a bit intense!

None, can't afford it, however just won League Cup, in Europe next season, looking like promotion to prem too. Jesus this is getting a bit intense!

Are you sure your ready for EUrope haha? Suppose if you make it to the group stages could be quite a nice earner, bump the bank balance up a bit. How many season has it taken you to get there?

Just started up a Crewe save last night with new database . Had anyone else noticed the squad is extremely thin. Some serious depth is needed. Looks a very strong team though .

Also has anyone had any problems signing coaches on the new update . Everyone just seems to reject even if I offer them stupid money

Are you sure your ready for EUrope haha? Suppose if you make it to the group stages could be quite a nice earner, bump the bank balance up a bit. How many season has it taken you to get there?

Four seasons, and I'm on the verge of prem, going to be another long year!

Four seasons, and I'm on the verge of prem, going to be another long year!

Yeah I can imagine. Just kicked my save off last night, the squad is derpessing thin, made some free agent signings to fill in around the backups, released most of the staff and reserves. I cannot sign a coach though, and im no where near my limit keeps saying rejected :(

The squad is about right for me. Once you get past the core 14 in the squad (Phillips, Tootle, Davis, Westwood, Artell, Dugdale, Bell, Murphy, Miller, AJ, Moore, Shelley, M. Clayton and Powell) it's basically the 1st season pros who are generally poor at the start of the game and require a lot of work on.

The squad is about right for me. Once you get past the core 14 in the squad (Phillips, Tootle, Davis, Westwood, Artell, Dugdale, Bell, Murphy, Miller, AJ, Moore, Shelley, M. Clayton and Powell) it's basically the 1st season pros who are generally poor at the start of the game and require a lot of work on.

yeah I know what you mean, I usually like to keep bigger squads though for the sake of an injury crisis rotation for cup games etc. So I like to have maybe 20 players who can all challenge for first team. Also they are very week at the back and down the left wing IMO. Ive strengthened at CB and got a few WB/DL on trial, I saw about the Left wing but AJ has played class for me in first two friendlies so hey

Has Nick Powell had a slight boost in the new patch? He looks slightly better to me.

I am pretty sure he has because he could not play striker at the start on the last patch if I remember right.

Squad so far, need a goalkeeper probs

Maenpaa

Smith - Shotton - Nelson - Mattock

MoMo Sissoko

Crisetig - Allan

Manucho - Robin - Adebayor

Robin is the best regen ever, scored 45 league goals last year, I aim to stay up and do OK in Europe to raise funds, whilst looking for young English players as for the first time my teams core isn't English.

Has Nick Powell had a slight boost in the new patch? He looks slightly better to me.

I am pretty sure he has because he could not play striker at the start on the last patch if I remember right.

I think he has, well it's hard to tell looking at his attributes, but I think his CA/PA or Reputation have been boosted.

Because his Value is now pretty high for a League Two player (£525k) and Wolves are sniffing around him from the start, when I loaded the database up.

Just got into the season last night, four games in on 7 points. First game I got absoloutley pasted by Bradford I think not 100% sure. So wasnt happy. Then ground out a 0-0 draw with Dag&Red which I wasnt impressed with, gave the team a right hairdryer after this game. Then went on to win the next two. Brought in a few free transfers and a loan signing. Pablo Cougano put my wage budget 2 grand over :( so need to make some cuts, although he has scored the majority of my goals so cant complain. I'll do a proper update tonight when Ive got Fm on infront of me so I can properly put signings in.

Can anyone advise any deadwood I could get rid of? Or a way to make some money :p

I think he has, well it's hard to tell looking at his attributes, but I think his CA/PA or Reputation have been boosted.

Because his Value is now pretty high for a League Two player (£525k) and Wolves are sniffing around him from the start, when I loaded the database up.

His attributes are slightly better first touch etc.

I signed Rob Green for my goalkeeper, he's alright but 35, having to watch spending due to highest earner clauses which I'll try and get rid of during the season.

What sort of wage he ask for? I'm currently 3 grand over my wage budget so things are looking grim, need to do some selling in January :( although Nick Powell will be staying he's class

What sort of wage he ask for? I'm currently 3 grand over my wage budget so things are looking grim, need to do some selling in January :( although Nick Powell will be staying he's class

7kpw, or something similar, signed Carrick and Zamora for some experience and depth, wish I hadn't though, only one year deals. We got through to group stages of Europa league, lost our first game so its not looking great but its all money and experience.

Archived