Fm12 Crewe Alexandra Thread

brento

7kpw, or something similar, signed Carrick and Zamora for some experience and depth, wish I hadn't though, only one year deals. We got through to group stages of Europa league, lost our first game so its not looking great but its all money and experience.

Yeah can imagine the money being a massive help. Ive just got a wage budget increase so just inbudget now which is good. In a real rut of form though, in my last three games ive been two goals infront and ended up drawing, one was Preston in the cup which I won on penalties. Sitting mid table but only 5 points behind 1st. Just need to find some form form somewhere.

Yeah can imagine the money being a massive help. Ive just got a wage budget increase so just inbudget now which is good. In a real rut of form though, in my last three games ive been two goals infront and ended up drawing, one was Preston in the cup which I won on penalties. Sitting mid table but only 5 points behind 1st. Just need to find some form form somewhere.

Give it time, it'll happen, I went through a huge slump first season at one point but I stuck with it and we pulled it back! I thought the Euro dream was over when we lost our easiest match to Sion however 1-1 against Braga and then thumping Galtasary (sp) 4-1 away! Even sweeter as a Leeds fan beating them, Manucho got a hat trick! This season is already semi written off for me, we should stay up however the squad is either too old or too rubbish, don't really have enough prospects for the transition, so we'll see who I can get in Jan, my regen Robin is the crown jewel of the side, 60 goals last season, along with another 5* rated regen who isn't good enough yet and Crisetig, we have some positions sorted. Will Keane looks like he could be a good strker too but doesn't get enough goals. Max Clayton and me maybe over, he hates me but he isn't good enough to start and thinks he is, may mean this is his time to move on.

Give it time, it'll happen, I went through a huge slump first season at one point but I stuck with it and we pulled it back! I thought the Euro dream was over when we lost our easiest match to Sion however 1-1 against Braga and then thumping Galtasary (sp) 4-1 away! Even sweeter as a Leeds fan beating them, Manucho got a hat trick! This season is already semi written off for me, we should stay up however the squad is either too old or too rubbish, don't really have enough prospects for the transition, so we'll see who I can get in Jan, my regen Robin is the crown jewel of the side, 60 goals last season, along with another 5* rated regen who isn't good enough yet and Crisetig, we have some positions sorted. Will Keane looks like he could be a good strker too but doesn't get enough goals. Max Clayton and me maybe over, he hates me but he isn't good enough to start and thinks he is, may mean this is his time to move on.

Im going to stick with it, just annoying how I dominate games and still end up drawing. I'm still in a position to challenge for promotion so all is not lost. A good run of games will soon fire me back up there. Id rather take my slump in form now rather than at the business end of the season.

From the brief run out I give Clayton and Keane in a cup game they do seem very good. Nick Powell has been absoloutely outstanding for me. Ive also signed a AML called Derek Young and Pablo Cougano. These three really are outstanding, Moore playing AMR is also pretty good. Just need to stop conceding goals, I also accidently released my first choice keeper, so playing a youngster and praying untill January :(

Quick one, will post my first seasons work tomorrow but I just won my second league cup and I'm sitting 5th in Prem at the moment. Going to stay here for 4 more seasons to make it ten years then either go to Spain or if Leeds are still doing bad take over my team. I don't think the board will build a new stadium so growth is going to be limited for me here.

Just a quick update from me. January of first season, had very little time to play so times going rather slowly but am going to try and get the season done this weekend. Sitting 8th which isnt brilliant although im only 5 points behind third so all is not lost. Going through a really bad run at the moment drawing and losing games from silly mistakes. Need some fresh legs bringing in in January I think, probably a new Right winger just for a bit of cover and a high quality MC. Money is rather tight though.

On a plus note Im in the final of the JPT North so hopefully will get something from that. Will do a proper mid season update later tonight :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming there's quite a few Crewe fans in this thread, can I just ask what are your thoughts on Nick Powell? From the little I've seen of him he has instantly struck me as a future England international. He has two good feet, a great touch, composure, vision and seems very composed and mature for his age. At only 17, I imagine you already value him at a few million and he will go on to achieve great things?

Lots of respect for Dario Gradi and your youth set up, you are still by far the best club in Britain at bringing your OWN players through (not poaching the best youngsters like the top clubs). As a Cardiff fan seeing the Chris Gunter's, Joe Ledley's and Aaron Ramsey's coming through, I'm hoping we can continue following Crewe's example, although I must say I am devastated we missed out on Gareth Bale as he was a local Cardiff lad, he should have been spotted and brought through Cardiff's academy, not Southampton's!

I am and it's all up to how far Nick Powell wants to go IMO - he's shown in the games that he hasn't played/been replaced in due to fatigue just how much we are relying on him which for someone who has just turned 18 also shows for me how much he wants to dictate the games. For the size of the club and how many bigger clubs are within an hour's drive of Crewe it just shows how good the academy setup is that we keep on bringing talented* players through year after year that play at a higher level then the club are atm [1 of our 16yo players has signed to Liverpool this week without playing for our first team in a deal that i've heard could be worth up to £1m is an example of this].

* Talking from a personal point of view as I spent 3 months with the staff coaching and you could see even from those as young as 7 that the kids are shown the right technique and how to play the game properly.

how good is powell on the game? and i've seen powell twice this season up there 1-0 crewe he scored a beauty they had a few shots from distance might of been him who had a couple lot of trouble in our end so didnt see much of the game. and the reverse fixture he didnt do a lot. hope he does well tho always nice too see a bright kid coming from the lower leagues tbf instead of the top teams buying foreign players.

powell.jpg

I don't think he can become a world beater but he could become a solid EPL player. I signed him for Sunderland and at the moment he has 2 stars of CA and 3 and a half potential so will get better. Spoilers revealing his PA.

He is a -8 and I am pretty sure I have been lucky and he has been given a high PA on my save

In real life he is a superb player and already good enough to play at a higher level than he currently does. His physical attributes in game are under rated I am not saying he should have 18 for pace but his starting attribute of 8 is not right in my opinion.

I am and it's all up to how far Nick Powell wants to go IMO - he's shown in the games that he hasn't played/been replaced in due to fatigue just how much we are relying on him which for someone who has just turned 18 also shows for me how much he wants to dictate the games. For the size of the club and how many bigger clubs are within an hour's drive of Crewe it just shows how good the academy setup is that we keep on bringing talented* players through year after year that play at a higher level then the club are atm [1 of our 16yo players has signed to Liverpool this week without playing for our first team in a deal that i've heard could be worth up to £1m is an example of this].

* Talking from a personal point of view as I spent 3 months with the staff coaching and you could see even from those as young as 7 that the kids are shown the right technique and how to play the game properly.

Thanks for replying, that was interesting about you being involved with the coaching for 3 months. The fact the young local kids choose Crewe over bigger clubs nearby speaks volumes for how highly regarded your academy is. I heard about that 16 year old joining Liverpool, hopefully you can loan him back for a couple of seasons so you can see him play and aid his development further.

Thanks for replying, that was interesting about you being involved with the coaching for 3 months. The fact the young local kids choose Crewe over bigger clubs nearby speaks volumes for how highly regarded your academy is. I heard about that 16 year old joining Liverpool, hopefully you can loan him back for a couple of seasons so you can see him play and aid his development further.

Unfortunately my time there was just an apprenticeship which wasn't extended after the duration although I still speak with a few of the staff there when I see them.

The fact that the young kids (and their parents obviously) choose the Alex over some bigger clubs in the area is because we give chances in the first team when the players are ready [whether that is at 16 such as Powell and Clayton were last season or it is in their later-teens such as Harry Davis or Kelvin Mellor recently who were 18 and 19 respectively but all of the above have been involved in our run up the league].

Can't see Dan coming back for a couple of seasons on loan but just because he has gone to a bigger club it won't mean that will be good for his career [see former Alex youngster Eddie Johnson as an example].

right, i'm enjoying my save so far

bught in the following players on free's and loans

frees

jamil adam - fw as a prospect, only 130 quid a week

kevin betsy - rm/rw great bargain

ben thatcher - lb - a bit aggressive but quality for this level

danny swailes - cb - good for league 2

tom murray - cm - future potential

tyrone loran - cb - great player for this level

francesco ferretti - lb - nice prospect, happy as backup!

loans

christian montano - lw/fw - good player from west ham

bigirimana - cb/cam - great talent from coventry

cameron park - lw/rw - good player from middlesborough

ntambwe - dm/cm - athletic young player from birmingham

i'm playing a 4 3 3

.........................shaun miller

byron moore...........................kevin betsy

...............powell...bigirimana

.......................lee bell

thatcher....swailes....loran....danny shelley

.......................steve phillips

i won all my pre season games and the opposition say we passed them off the park

in the league i beat northampton 3-1 away and wimbledon 2-0 at home

i also beat rochdale 2-0 away in the league cup, they are a league above us too

Started great, had 18-5-0, but now I'm getting goals from everywhere and strikers are in horrible form. I have decided to terminate few contract and play my youth intakes.

Powell is doing a good job.

capture.png

just had my 18 league game unbeaten stretch ended by the mighty daganem and redbridge lol

things are going really well though, in 29 league games i'm 18, 8, 3 which has me top by 7 points ahead of rotheram and 8 ahead of swindon then 4th place is 11 points below me

hopefully i can win the league but pr9omotion should be within my grasp soon! however, i got smashed in the fa cup by sheffield wednesday in the first round....5-1!

i also lost heavily to derby after beating bolton in the league cup! 4-1 in the third round

diddn't care too much about going out the johnstones paint trophey 1st round 1-0 away to port vale as it means i can concentrate on the league

i recently picked up michael woods on a free but he has eaten up the remaining wage budget! cracking midfielder though!

the goals are coming from everywhere in my side as well

miller has 13 in 17(5)

christian montano has 11 in 24(3) mostly as an aml but he is good upfront too

jamil adam has 8 in 11(6)

byron moore has 7 in 13(12) as an aml

swailes has 6 from corners and set pieces in 30

my star loanee bigirimana has 6, mostly from the pen spot and so does betsy, a great supportive winger for league 2!

sadly, i will have to let some players go at the end of the season as they won't be good enough or too old, we have such little money and i'm operating at a loss! i hope i can get crewe into at least the championship but the lack of money is going to be a huge hinderance

Touché.

Having amazing season in Championship so far, hopefully I can continue playing like this.

So far spent only 55 euros on Sariyar (amateur player) in 1st season :)

captur.png

capture.png

managed to get promoted in my first season winning the league by a few points ahead of rotheram and crawley!

into my second year in league 1

managed to beat preston but lost my next game and drew after that so it's a pretty average start! loaned in jao silva from my parent club everton and he looks great as well as ethuhu and a couple of loan signings

got beat 3-0 by doncaster in the league cup first round so life is much harder! not sure i will stay with crewe if another job comes up as the financiaol situation makes promotion into and playing the championship level football very difficult!

Ok, so i am now starting a Crewe save - have only just loaded it up, i want to play nice free flowing football - does anyone have a decent tactic i can download that suits them?

One thing i notice is that Blackpool are a major interest for Powell, so there probably will be no hope of keeping him - anyone know a decent replacement, providing i get at least £500k for him?

• 2 weeks later...

Won Europe League in 17/18 season :)

No trophies in domestic competitions, played in couple of semifinals and finals but got beaten.

Playing my 3rd season in EPL. Finished 5th, 4th and now I'm topping the table with Man Utd and Man City.

Some things didn't changed. Still spending lowest amount of money for wages, and my stadium capacity is 14k, pretty poor.

Crewe stadium is building, but it's delayed, probably because I asked for improved facilites...

This boy is my pride and joy, Crewe's very own, Graham Ellis.

Already a club's legend!

capture.png

Congratulations to Crewe getting to the playoff final. I watched the game last night and over the two legs, you were the better team. Having a 22 year old and 17 year old scoring your goals and an 18 year old getting man of the match speaks volumes for your academy. Good luck in the final, hopefully you can bring through the next generation of Robbie Savage's, Danny Murphy's and Dean Ashton's!

Westy is 22 but it is encouraging to see 9 of the starters come through the academy (as well as Clayton who got the goal from the bench) which is something i'd like to replicate on the game [which is something I need to try out rather than just get promoted as soon as possible].

Westy is 22 but it is encouraging to see 9 of the starters come through the academy (as well as Clayton who got the goal from the bench) which is something i'd like to replicate on the game [which is something I need to try out rather than just get promoted as soon as possible].

Would love to try and build the team up with mostly players through the academy but I can't help bring in frees and going for promotion straight away.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 10th season with Crewe.

Won EPL, Carling Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

Ellis, club's legend, is doing his job very well - 45 games, 53 goals, 10 assists, 14 times MoM, 7.91 av. rating.

capture.png

untitled.png

Trophies won:

6015503994f8d6a2fa5cf9.png

Ain't seen much of Crewe this season what stats should be upped on nick Powell as he looks slightly underrated on the game looks like a real star unreal life also who else cold do with a slight boost ?

There are a few that will be boosted for FM13 (unfortunately it doesn't look like for the Alex). I will never get fed up of seeing his goal from yesterday either. I'll update on how my 'realistic' game with the Alex is going later too.

Not quite later but i'll update on my progress with the 'Academy' game.

Season 1:

Signed a few loanees over the course of the season including RL loanee Jamie Lowry. Let Connerton join Lincoln in January for £5k and a couple of the young lads were sent to Nantwich to gain experience. Finished the season in 18th place in the league, lost to Leeds in the 3rd round of the FAC after a replay, QF of the JPT and a 2nd round loss to QPR in the CC.

Season 2:

Signed a few experienced heads including Lowry permanently and Liam Chilvers to star at centre back whilst Adam McHugh was brought in to battle with Martin for the gloves. Let both Phillips and Artell go on frees, Moore to Macc for £15k and more fringe players out on loan at Nantwich whilst Garratt joined ÍBV for the 2nd half of the season. After losing a 2 goal to Swindon on the final day I slipped from 8th to 10th [would have finished 7th with a win as it was us 2 for the last PO spot], lost 5-3 at Blackpool in the CC and lost to Dag & Red in the 4th round of the FAC.

Current Squad:

* = signing made, (L) = out on loan and (U18) = starts game in U18 squad

GK - A.Martin, McHugh, Garratt (L)

DR - Tootle, Lowry, Brown

DL - Diallo*, Brown, Tootle

DC - Chilvers*, Davis, Nolan (U18), Gorman (U18), Ray

MC - Westwood, Murphy, Bell, Tootle

ST - AJ, M.Clayton, Powell, Colclough (U18), Wilson (U18)

Anything else you want to know just ask.

My recent problem of my tried and tested tactic not working has continued, despite me starting a new save with Crewe. The squad I have is among the best in the division, yet we can't win a game, except in the cups, where we beat Leeds United at Gresty road in Round 1. It makes no sense!!

How many goals has Powell and Clayton got? BTW did you keep Max older brother?

Powell has 21 in 86 (some appearances were in midfield) whilst Max has 17 in 56 (about half were sub appearances).

Harry is out on loan at Cambridge in BSP atm but hasn't really had a chance.

Problem seems to have ended. 6 games unbeaten has seen me rise to 8th, despite 5 defeats in my first 7 games (none since). The Ass Man is now advising me to lower my training schedule on tactics, as he says the team have fully learned my two tactics. Keeping it reasonably high for a while though, don't want to give the team any excuses

Archived