[iFMH + Android] How to extract and send us your save game file

From FMH 2011 update 1 (game version 2.2) and onwards and for all versions of FMH 2012, FMH 2013, FMH 2014 and FMH2015, most devices will now allow you access your FMH save games. This is particularly useful if you come across an issue in the game or have a faulty save, as you can now send it in for us to investigate! To grab your save games...

- Connect your iPod/iPad/iPhone to your computer

- Open iTunes, then select the device in the panel at the left

- Select 'Apps' then at the bottom you should notice an area called 'File Sharing'

- Select 'FMH 2015', 'FMH 2014', 'FM 2013', 'FM 2012' or 'FM 2011' (depending on which game you have) from the apps listed and you'll see a handful of files in the panel on the right

Any ".dat" files are saved games and you'll have up to 6 of them. "hidden.dat" and "hidden2.dat" are the autosave files, while "fm_save1.dat" through to "fm_save4.dat" are manually saved files named according to their position in the save slots.

(AWAITING NEW IMAGE)

(Picture is from FMH 2011 but FMH 2012, FMH 2013, FMH 2014 and FMH 2015 work identically)

Select the file you need, then "Save to...". Save it to a memorable location on your computer, then send the file along to us if and when requested.

Hope this helps, it's certainly a big help for us!

Cheers,

Stu

• 1 year later...
  • SI Staff

It’s also possible to extract your save game files from Android devices.

Some devices will allow you to see FMH 2015 or FMH2014 saves directly from your PC when plugged in. Before doing this, please ensure you have rebooted your device after closing FMH 2015/4. The files can be found in the 'fmh2015_data/save_games' or 'fmh2014_data/save_games' folder. The correct file names can be seen in the images at the bottom (though for FMH2014 and after, .dat is the correct extension).

On other devices this won't be possible and you'll need to follow the steps below.

You’ll need:

- A computer with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connectivity

- A file explorer type app that allows you to connect over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (there are a number of these on Google Play, both free and paid – AirDroid and WiFi File Explorer Pro are two examples)

- Alternatively, there are some file explorer apps that allow sending files directly by email

Firstly, install the file explorer app on your device and run it.

Every file explorer app works in a different way, some are operated from the device itself, and some are navigated from a computer connected over Wi-Fi. Please refer to the documentation/support for the file explorer app you have chosen.

The Android save games, which for FMH 2012/13 have the file extension “.asg” and FMH 2014 onwards have .dat can be found in the following location (starting from your default ‘home’ folder):

/fmh_data/save_games (FMH2012)

/fmh2013_data/save_games (FMH2013)

/fmh2014_data/save_games (FMH2014)

/fmh2015_data/save_games (FMH2015)

Upon opening that folder in your file explorer app of choice, you should see something like this:

2vl0jlj.png

"Hidden.asg" and “Hidden2.asg” are the rolling autosave files, while "fm_save1.asg" through to "fm_save4.asg" are manually saved files named according to their position in the save slots. These correspond to the file slots shown on the ‘Load Game’ screen as follows:

35lg29k.jpg

Refer to the documentation for your file explorer app as to how to move the save file you wish to retrieve onto your computer. Make sure to save it in a memorable location, and please send to us as and when requested.

Most file explorer apps also have a function that allows you to transfer files from a computer onto your device. Use this as instructed by the documentation to move .asg files from your computer into the /fmh_data/save_games folder on your device – but be careful not to overwrite any existing saves you might want to keep!

Remember to back up your career into the manual save slots often - and make doubly sure you do this when starting a new career, as this will overwrite both the autosave slots!

• 8 months later...

Is it possible to move game saves between 2 android devices. I have tried copying my Nexus 7 saves to my Galaxy Ace and the saves were unable to load. I copied the whole save folder. Do I need to copy others or did it just corrupt on transfer.

I only ask as I thought perhaps this may not be possible with FMH13 to prevent people avoiding the store for Sugar Daddy and such

From my experience (I don't know if it's true for all devices though), on Android it's possible to just connect your 'droid to the computer via USB stick and just navigate to the directory on the phone SD card to where the saves are stored.

I dunno what devices this is true for, but Galaxy SII+Linux/OS X definitely can do it like this.

• SI Staff
Is it possible to move game saves between 2 android devices. I have tried copying my Nexus 7 saves to my Galaxy Ace and the saves were unable to load. I copied the whole save folder. Do I need to copy others or did it just corrupt on transfer.

I only ask as I thought perhaps this may not be possible with FMH13 to prevent people avoiding the store for Sugar Daddy and such

The save files should be fine to carry across between devices, how are you trying to do this?

• SI Staff
From my experience (I don't know if it's true for all devices though), on Android it's possible to just connect your 'droid to the computer via USB stick and just navigate to the directory on the phone SD card to where the saves are stored.

I dunno what devices this is true for, but Galaxy SII+Linux/OS X definitely can do it like this.

You can do this on some devices but not others - for some of them the OS on the computer doesn't read the fmh2013_data folder properly.

• SI Staff
Is there anyway to sync saved games between my iPhone and iPad without using a PC?

I think AirSync allows you to not physically have to interest with the PC/Mac to do the syncing - but I believe its still 'required' as a medium presently.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I am currently playing FMH 2013 on my Iphone 3GS. But I am thinking of purchasing Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and will probably give my old Iphone to my sister.

Is it possible to transfer the saved game data from Iphone to Android device?

I did notice the extensions are different but I still hope it's somehow possible so I won't need to restart my games completely from scratch later.

I've already done Stuart Warren's instructions in the original post and saved all the data on my computer.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

• SI Staff
I did notice the extensions are different but I still hope it's somehow possible so I won't need to restart my games completely from scratch later.

Sorry but its currently not possible to transfer save games from Android to iOS (or vice versa) this is down to differences in the database between the two platforms.

• 2 months later...

Hi Devs

I just moved all files across from my phone to my iPad but the Sugar Daddy save on one of my saves does not seem to be on one the save on the iPad

(both the other 2 unlockables for the save - No Transfer Windows & No Work Permits - are part of the save

.... but all 3 were unlocked naturally and not purchased)

Can you help ? :confused:

• SI Staff
Any update on this for the new version of iTunes and FM13, might have to send my iPad in for service and don't want to lose my game

System is the same as before - click on the device, go to Apps -> File Sharing -> FM 2013, select your files and save them to computer.

• 4 months later...

I am thinking of re-formatting my Android tablet because of performance issues. The only thing I'm bothered about losing would be my FMH2013 Saved games & acheivements. Thanks to this thread I know how to back up my save games, how do I go about backing up my achievements?

Many thanks for your help.

• SI Staff
I am thinking of re-formatting my Android tablet because of performance issues. The only thing I'm bothered about losing would be my FMH2013 Saved games & acheivements. Thanks to this thread I know how to back up my save games, how do I go about backing up my achievements?

Many thanks for your help.

Please also back up your game.cfg from within the 'fmh2013_data/data' folder.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • SI Staff
I presume there's no way of doing this without a PC? Ahhh the day we can live free from their tyrannical reign of terror, and just live with tablets and phones. Begone foul beastie.

If you have an android phone and any sort of file explorer app you can attach directly from the device, from iOS you do need a full-fat computer.

• 7 months later...