[FM2011] Release: MALI League Structure for FM2011 (Ultra High Quality!!!!)

FuryG

malibanner.jpg

This editor data file was created by FuryG.

Download Link

Note: It is highly recommended to utilize this league update together with FuryG's AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE (v2.41)!

Installation: just put the folder that is inside the rar archive into the "editor data" directory

GENERAL INFORMATION

A Data Editor File (XML-Format) for Football Manager 2010. Adds the Malian League Structure as

accurately as possible.

Added Malian Domestic Awards

Dozens of new clubs created.

700+ players and staff added (mostly low reputation players for newly created clubs - additional

higher reputation players are available in "FuryG's AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE v2.41"!

Added dozens of new cities and stadia with correct coordinates.

Worked out regionalization to make geographical league sorting in regional championships (D2) perfect!

Added several native languages and assigned to specific regions in order to get a realistic representation

of differences in ethnicity in such a large country as Mali. Hence, Newgens from the northern Region will

have differently sounding names compared to newgens born in the south of the country!

Tested until 2030 without issues.

COMPETITIONS

Championnat National de 1ère Division (D1)

Championnat de 2ème Division (contains 8 regional sub-divisions with the winners of each sub-division

playing a promotion tournament playoff to the top flight)

Divisions Inférieures (contains the third tier for Bamako and Ségou Regions)

Ligue de l'ACEFOOT (League of Malian Football Schools & Football Academies)

Coupe Nationale du Mali

Super Coupe du Mali

Coupe BDM-SA (pre-seasonal cup played among D1 Clubs and D2 Clubs from the Bamako District)

Coupe du Port Autonome d'Abidjan (pre-seasonal cup played among top clubs of the top flight)

Coupe de l'ACEFOOT (Cup of Malian Football Schools & Football Academies with the academy

"Centre de Formation Naba Kango" from Burkina Faso as invited guest participant!)

The League Structure:

League Structure.jpg

The National Cup:

National Cup.jpg

Awards

Malian Player of the year (global)

Malian young Player of the Year (global)

Malian D1 Top Scorer

Malian D1 Team of the Season

Malian D1 Newcomer Club of the Season

Malian D1 Best Goalassistant

Malian D1 Player of the Season

Malian D1 Young Player of the Season

Malian D1 Manager of the Season

Malian D1 Goalkeeper of the Season

Malian D2 Top Scorer (all regions)

Regional Top Scorer (Bamako District)

Regional Top Scorer (Koulikoro Region)

Regional Top Scorer (Kayes Region)

Regional Top Scorer (Sikasso Region)

Regional Top Scorer (Ségou District)

Regional Top Scorer (Mopti Region)

Regional Top Scorer (Gao Region)

Regional Top Scorer (Northern Region)

ACEFOOT Top Goalscorer (Cup)

ACEFOOT Best Player (Cup)

Languages

Bambara (Main Language in Mali; also spoken in large parts of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone)

Fula (more common in the Southern/Western Regions as well as in Guinea and Ivory Coast)

Moré (South-Eastern regions and Burkina Faso and Northern Ivory Coast)

Wolof (Western regions and Sengal/Gambia)

Soninké (Western regions and Sengal/Gabia)

Dogon (Eastern Region around the city of Bandiagara)

Songhai (North-Eastern Region)

Tamashek (Northern Saharan Region)

Hassaniya Arabic (Northern Saharan Region)

Cities

more than 30 cities with correct geographical coordinates and weather conditions

Newgen Names

linked cities with languages to get a stunningly realistic modelling of newgen names (hence, newgens from the northern part of the country will sound different from newgens from the southern part (as Mali is a HUGE country!). Example for a northern name: "Aboubacrine Assadeck"; example for a southern name: "Fousséiny Diakité". Also Newgens from the south-western part (near the Guinea frontier) that speak the Fula language are more likely to have names as "Diallo", "Sow", "Sy", "Sylla", "Bangoura", while central Bambara speaking newgens will rather be named like "Traoré", "Touré", "Coulibaly",...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Link

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, I have 40 African leagues activated and playable and it's fantastic! :) North African Scouts from Algeria, Morocco or Egypt are frequently looking for players in countries like Mali, Burkina Faso, or Ivory Coast, the best of which then often secure a contract in Europe one or two years later. Just as in real life! :)

Hmm, I have 40 African leagues activated and playable and it's fantastic! :) North African Scouts from Algeria, Morocco or Egypt are frequently looking for players in countries like Mali, Burkina Faso, or Ivory Coast, the best of which then often secure a contract in Europe one or two years later. Just as in real life! :)

Well, I'd like to know where your other African leagues are from then?

*BUMP* Guys, This file has no nation rules set??

How are you supposed to play the leagues?

No, it has no nation rules - it is created with the advanced rules (not viewable with the default editor)! These are very complex and it took me several months of trying and testing to learn them. Just load the file into the "editor files" directory and start the game to play the leagues. :)

Is this compatible with the latest patch? I've tried starting a game with it, but it's unavailable - the wrong number of teams in a competition.

Thanks for the work though - much appreciated!

You should NOT rename the file!

No, many teams use the same stadium ("Stade Modibo Keita" in the capital Bamako - some of them switch to the larger "Stade du 26 Mars" for big continental matches though). I'm still in the process of doing many graphics like logos, player pics and kits. I will make them available when finished.

Wow, it's amazing!!!

Not only to play, but to get an insight look into the advanced panels.

This will come in handy for creating my own database for the Dutch league structure, which is a bit more complicated than the Malian one, but this database has all the ingredients to successfully build my own database.

Many thanks!! :thup:

No renaming done - get the message 14 teams required for division de segou, only 13 found. Running 11.2.1

Hmm, then you must have a file in your editor data directory that interferes with this Malian league file. Try just loading the malian league and then successively add your other files to find out which file is conflicting.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely Brilliant! By offering this competition as well as the megapack for african people, my game has become so much more balanced!

OT: Tobcoach: I know what you mean. To edite the Topklasse has been my downfall. I couldnt get it right. Are you going to open a Topic if you've been successful? I would apreciate it a lot!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a problem come up, don't know if it's a known bug:

Playing as Tourbillon in the District de Bamako - D1, with only the top 2 tiers loaded

December 1st 2011, I'm asked to confirm my squad registration. I couldn't actually register any players. There was no rules box at the bottom of the page on the registration screen, and no way to actually select any players.

To get around it, I figured I'd holiday past the day, but all that did was cause all my non-youth players to be waivered, leaving me with a squad of 8 15-year olds and a bunch of grey players.

Annoying thing is, most of the players released were players I'd taken the time to sign in the few months beforehand.

EDIT - I've just tried again, and while I can set players as "In", I can't get the game to recognise I've completed my selection. Setting all my players to "In" and then holidaying for the day seemed to get past it, but it's definitely an annoying bug

Just coming to the end of Feb now. Not exactly going great, but I feel confident of not getting relegated :thup:

I've actually got a thread running in the career updates forum where I shall be tracking the course of things :)

Out of curiosity, are all the clubs actually real, or did you have to make some up? I presume you put a lot of research into the system in Mali, but I couldn't find any info on most of the clubs at all on the internet (albeit I only really googled them!)

All clubs are real, but only very few can be found by Google. I am (half) Malian and am frequently in the country, hence my knowledge of the local game. Also, more and more of Africa's young people get access to the internet, so I stay in contact with many local players and coaches via Facebook. :)

Awesome :) I half expected you'd have some connection with the country because you've put an awful lot of effort into modelling a very complex system and I couldn't imagine anyone putting that effort in if they didn't feel strongly about it.

Great to hear that Mali is gradually getting itself into the information age, as well. I always find it quite sobering to think that I take my net connection for granted while there are parts of the world where hardly anyone has access to the internet.

Anyways, excellent work with this :thup: truly showing what power the editor has

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting an error which will not allow me to load these changes when coupled with the San Marino update by BurnCm4X. The error is as follows:

'Coupe de National de Mali. Nation not set as San Marino.'

Both files work with all my other DB changes but not with each other, would appreciate some help in how to fix this.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi FuryG, nice job, in this moment I am creating all the others leagues for Africa (except the leagues created by araubi and rykipe, I dont know if you know these guys).

I have create all the leagues of Oceania, South America and North-Central America: http://www.fmsite.net/foro/index.php?showtopic=59760 (maybe you can be interested)

I dont have a lot of info. of the rest of African Countries but I will try to make the best possible(with rssf, wikipedia and other medias)

By the way, do you know what is the number of foreigners which can be inscribed in the club teams(in Mali and in other countries of Africa)

best regards

FuryG, do you know what is the number of foreigners which can be inscribed in the club teams(in Mali and in other countries of Africa)???

Thanks by your attention, by the way I have a friend whose father is form Mauritania and whose mother is from Mali ;) ,I have to show him your malian leagues jeje

regards

FuryG, do you know what is the number of foreigners which can be inscribed in the club teams(in Mali and in other countries of Africa)???

Thanks by your attention, by the way I have a friend whose father is form Mauritania and whose mother is from Mali ;) ,I have to show him your malian leagues jeje

regards

Usually it is 3 or 4 foreigners per squad.

Usually it is 3 or 4 foreigners per squad.

Thank you!!!

Ey Mali is going to play the semifinals of the African cup of nations, but the rival is the best African team in this moment, Ivory Coast, what do you think about the football match???

Archived