[FM11][RELEASED] Dominion 2 widescreen skin

winther

hi community.

after a lot of trial and error i'm proud to release dominion (part II) widescreen skin for fm 2011. I loved nick jones 's dominion skin last year and decided to release a version that suited my 1440x900 resultion. well another year has passed and i have tried to do the very same again. not everything could just be transfered to fm2011 however, so you'll find a lot of graphics from nicks other skin Galaxy which you can download somewhere else on this board (give it a try, it's pretty cool). i think he is actually working on a real domnion2 for fm2011, so i'm excited about that. I've also added some blue icons that originally came from a skin that mATT1697 did last year. they look great and matt1697 is currently working on on a skin called Requiem so look out for that one too.

this skin would look really bad if i had to do the graphics from scratch so a lot credit is due to those two guys. thanks.

also radestock has made a genious little backgrounds selector mod that is included in the new version. really cool stuff credits to him!

since this is somewhat of a widescreen skin, some boxes etc may or may not suit your resultion. not much i can do about that, but feel free to mess around with the skin. please let me know if you find errors, and i will try to fix them. also as you might notice, i like the nauture backgrounds (i find them soothing), but you can use any background that you want. just open the backgrounds folder in the skin and put a picture you like in there and rename that to "default".

also i have done a lot of little xml things that you might not notice. hope you like.

skin features:

start screen

th_38890_4_122_581lo.jpg

news screen (i have put the search thingie higher up, so i can have background logos enabled)

th_38888_3_122_72lo.jpg

player profile

th_38885_2_122_728lo.jpg

match screen (with motivation enabled on stats screen, and stadium backgrounds)

th_38884_1_122_558lo.jpg

download link:

Version 2 with radestocks background selector mod and some errors corrected.

http://www.filefront.com/17736422/dominion2.rar

Love this skin, just 2 things. Is it possible to dull the whites a little? And also, more important for me to use this skin is: Is it possible to put guiding lines in like the default skin so i can follow them along for each persons attributes (if you know what i mean?)/

cheers

Hey, mate, downloaded your skin and tried ti put motivation on player ratings panel on 2007 skin, but i got this

Maybe, could help me with this one, why are player names cut?

Cheers

don't know. sorry. i made the xml purely by chance. don't know why it works on my skin. but ask around it the forum, maybe they can help out.

Love this skin, just 2 things. Is it possible to dull the whites a little? And also, more important for me to use this skin is: Is it possible to put guiding lines in like the default skin so i can follow them along for each persons attributes (if you know what i mean?)/

cheers

if you mean the white text, then it can be done by changing some values in the dominion2 settings.xml. open the file in notepad and change any value that is called red255 green255 blue255. you can change it to whatever, look up in paint what the numbers correspont to.

i know what you mean about guidelines. however it's been a while since i did this and might be a little wrong.

find a skin that has them... open it up and look for a folder called "stripe" maybe in table/custom. copy that into my skin in the same place. it's worth a try.

Hey, mate, downloaded your skin and tried ti put motivation on player ratings panel on 2007 skin, but i got this

Maybe, could help me with this one, why are player names cut?

Cheers

Which xml file is it contained in?

• 2 weeks later...
Was wondering if you could make the text bigger for a 1920*1200 screen? So boxs like Match stats and Rating would take up a bigger area vertically? My poor eyes :p

cannot, sorry. the the text won't fit in all the graphics. but feel free to change the text settings yourself see how it works out on your screen. open dominion2settings.xml and change the values until it suits you in:

<integer id="txst" value="light_bold" comment="text style"/>

<integer id="txss" value="8" comment="text size small"/>

<integer id="txsn" value="10" comment="text size normal"/>

<integer id="txsl" value="12" comment="text size large"/>

also try reading the skinning bible if you get stuck.

Still my skin of choice. I love your scenic backgrounds, but i have one or two I'd like to add - how do I change them (the loading screen especially)?

i have uploaded a new version that includes radestocks backgrounds selector. you might want to check that out (link in top post). when you have the new version you will find a folder called "bgsmod11". in there, you''l find a number of backgrounds. the ones you can use in the game are numbered 1-6. just put the picture you want in there and rename it to one of the six.

also you asked about the loading screen. that one is placed in a folder called "main menu" and the picture you want to replace is called "background".

Too bad I've got this winter picture when I'd like to see my statium in the background. Won't be using this skin. Galaxy for me..

I'm using this skin with the stadium backgrounds pack. Just download and put in the backgrounds folder of this Dominion2 skin. Together, they are fantastic!

I'm using this skin with the stadium backgrounds pack. Just download and put in the backgrounds folder of this Dominion2 skin. Together, they are fantastic!

Hmm, but why do we need to do that? I've got background pictures for most of the leagues, and they can be found in data/graphics/backgrounds, as always.

What if I just delete the background folder in the Dominion 2 skin? Would that work?

Edit: tried to delete the pictures, but then the screen is all black.

To put in plainly: how do I make my background pictures appear during matches using this skin?

Ok, I can of course create this folder and put all my background pictures into this, but we are talking about copying several gb. I just find it strange why it is set like this. Why not go through the same folder as always? My background pictures work in the team screens with the Dominion 2 skin, but not on match days.

• 4 weeks later...
What did you fix, winther? I'm still using your skin - haven't found a better one - unless it's worth downloading your improved version!

hmmm. hard to remember. i do little things now and again. there was a screen that didn't fit in the right way. and also some stuff with the opposition instructions... i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, have you updated the mirror on top once you have fixed all minor errors?

i wanna ask you this

I wondering if i can upload this skin and post it on our swedish Fm site called fmsweden.se

and of course i will credit you. So what do you say?

I think it's a nice skin

• 2 weeks later...

love the skin,text is perfect and easy to read,but i have a few problems,during a match,the match info boxes either go missing when i go to the tactics screen or every one of them is opened in a pile on right hand side of the screen is there any way to fix this,as i would love to keep useing your skin as its the best i've found for my screen and res(1920x1080). if i didn't like it so much,i would just switch to another skin.cheers m8.thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, have you updated the mirror on top once you have fixed all minor errors?

i wanna ask you this

I wondering if i can upload this skin and post it on our swedish Fm site called fmsweden.se

and of course i will credit you. So what do you say?

I think it's a nice skin

Hmm, i am still wondering :)

But maybe you aren't logged in on this forum so much :(

love the skin,text is perfect and easy to read,but i have a few problems,during a match,the match info boxes either go missing when i go to the tactics screen or every one of them is opened in a pile on right hand side of the screen is there any way to fix this,as i would love to keep useing your skin as its the best i've found for my screen and res(1920x1080). if i didn't like it so much,i would just switch to another skin.cheers m8.thanks for any help.

don't know what to make of this. it dosn't happen in my games... so i don't know what to fix. sorry... are you playing with the current patch? and do you have the most recent version of the skin? is it in the tv view, i think another skinner had similar problems.

Hmm, i am still wondering :)

But maybe you aren't logged in on this forum so much :(

hi fellow scandinavian!

no i'm not :-) also i forgot about the request.

here's the deal though... i'm using graphics and stuff from other skinners (the ones credited in the first post) so i don't know if they would want that. myself i don't care it's all about sharing, right?

perhaps you could ask them or something. i don't know... matt seems cool with stuff like that i think, and it's mostly his stuff i'm using. radestock has already given permission to use his background selector so that one is ok. perhaps it's ok since the skins text file credits them all, i just don't know what people usually do, and don't want to be seen as a jerk.

anyway, you have my permission to do whatever although you probably should wait a week or so until the next patch comes out where i will release the final version of the skin.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

uh, how nice of you to think of me. sorry though. it's just such a hassle. i'm not the really the big skin maker, so i takes a very long time to do. i do hope that someone makes a skin that suits our preferences, it's an issue every year with the small fonts.

Archived