FM11 - Cyprus League Project

Hershie

Following on from my FM10 database I am looking to finally realise my dream of fully implementing the Cypriot league structure. Last year I came across issues when trying to properly implement the second stage of the Marfin Laiki, but still managed to release several versions of the four division structure, as well as the three major cups. :)

By the end I was trying to implement the vast regional STOK leagues, containing upwards of 200 teams, but this was never finished due to a lack of sufficient research in some areas.

This time around I hope to get everything done. Hopefully the new editor improvements will help me create the most realistic league I can, and then I can get hard at work on implementing the regional system. The later is a dream right now, but I except the former to be completed in a matter of days.

I may or may not take my research to the next level including players not currently in the DB, or a may leave them out and make it a league-only update as last year. I've also been hard at work on a new kit pack (with the Marfin Laiki completed, B' 60% done and C' possibly to come) and an overhaul of the logos.

I hope to update this with a first release very soon. :thup:

EDIT: 14/06/2011

-----------------

Cypriot League down to level 6

This contains:

- Marfin Laiki League

- B Katagoria

- C Katagoria

- D Katagoria

- Coca Cola Cup

- C&D Division Cup

- LTV Super Cup

- All other things (awards/media etc) from the last version

+ STOK level 5+6, including:

- AOKNEL

- APOESP

- EPEL

- EPOL

- EPOPL

- OPN SEK

- PAAOK

- PAO

- POAL

- POASP

- POEL

- POEPA

and their relevent cup competitions.

-----------------

Possible issues:

- Still no fully-functioning split/playoff in the Marfin Laiki

- Imperfect financial model

- There is a minor issue with relegation from D. Teams relegated without a regional league set will go into one randomly, with the team bottom of said league the season before being randomly moved around. The earlier issue of all being moved is fixed however.

- Squad registration isn't 100% perfect

- Youth setup is guessed/approximated

- AOKNEL B' and EPOL B2 and C are not included due to a lack of present information. :(

- Some regional data has been guessed approximated:

- STOK to level D promotion playoff may not be fully accurate compared to reality

- Cup competitions have been guessed on the basis of little info

- Possibly inaccurate fixture dates and times

- Finances are unknown and guessed. Most teams do not have a sponsor set, so I've tried to compensate. Might need to set them in future, but we shall see.

There is a majorly lack of club information at the lower levels but I've done my best. If anyone has ANY information on most of the clubs, please let me know.

This is far from a final release, so please give me honest feedback and I'll try to do what I can to improve things. I'm away for the next month (after Thursday) and promised myself I'd have something working and released by then.

Things to be added for v0.1:

- 4 leagues (Marfin Laiki, B Ethniki, C Ethniki, D Ethniki)

- Coca Cola Cup

- C&D Ethniki Cup

- Super Cup

- Past winners where available

- Youth teams

- Logos/Kits

- New media sources

- Awards

- Tweaks where appropriate (finances, transfers etc).

:thup:

Just check it works, that teams aren't doing anything weird, that finances are looking stable/sensible etc.

Everything seems quite normal. Maybe the top teams are a little overrated in terms of Estimated Value. But it's nothing big, I just noticed, that ie. APOEL are Rich and is worth £43M :)

Everything seems quite normal. Maybe the top teams are a little overrated in terms of Estimated Value. But it's nothing big, I just noticed, that ie. APOEL are Rich and is worth £43M :)

Thanks for that. :thup:

Last year I had to adjust the finances and prize money etc to stop teams being constantly in financial trouble but maybe FM11 is doing different things with the data, so I'll look to adjust it.

When I tested the one you sent me on MSN to 2018, it looked fine. Omonoia were worth 27M, not bad considering the finances they had in real life. Otherwise the league seemed fine. Gap between second and third division was massive, but that replicates real life.

• 2 weeks later...

the patch is great hershie nice work!!!!!

some bugs you may can fix:

1) in the January's transfer period there is a limit on teams that they can sign only 4 players!

2) i think the reputation of the teams may need to be fixed...for example omonoia-apoel are the teams with the highest reputation with a small difference anorthosi is third and again with a small difference ael and apollon....

for example if you check the rosters there are well known players in ael(tsontofalsky,zonnefeld,hofs) apollon(nunez)...so i think the reputation especially of ael(since is my team and i tested the patch with ael) is very low..

i dont think there are any other serious bugs

very good job!

2) i think the reputation of the teams may need to be fixed...for example omonoia-apoel are the teams with the highest reputation with a small difference anorthosi is third and again with a small difference ael and apollon....

for example if you check the rosters there are well known players in ael(tsontofalsky,zonnefeld,hofs) apollon(nunez)...so i think the reputation especially of ael(since is my team and i tested the patch with ael) is very low..

Interesting, I don't have any real knowledge about Cypriotic football, but probably far more than the average football-interested FM player. Always liked checking old league tables for exotic leagues and so on. But I think generally in a continental perspective, if you know any Cypriotic football clubs, it's one, two or three out of Omonoia, APOEL & Anorthosi and no other teams. That said, I'm sure you know a lot more about the situation in countries where Cypriotic football is wellknown.

I'd love to see the 3 groups being implemented at the end of season - I had a go myself at trying to activate them, but it never works.

I might be stupid, but what 3 groups?

the patch is great hershie nice work!!!!!

some bugs you may can fix:

1) in the January's transfer period there is a limit on teams that they can sign only 4 players!

i dont think there are any other serious bugs

very good job!

1) Do you mean that I've accidently put this in? Or do you mean I haven't but should?

2) I'll look at tweaking it. :thup: thanks.

Apologies for the lack of updates, having a pretty hectic few weeks.

Thanks for all the feedback. :)

I'd love to see the 3 groups being implemented at the end of season - I had a go myself at trying to activate them, but it never works.

I could never get it to work, even with advanced panels. The reason I started from scratch is to use the advanced panels though, meaning that if we can find a way to implement it it'll be easier. Wish I could. :)

1) Do you mean that I've accidently put this in? Or do you mean I haven't but should?

2) I'll look at tweaking it. :thup: thanks.

Apologies for the lack of updates, having a pretty hectic few weeks.

Thanks for all the feedback. :)

in january transfer period teams can sign only 4 players and as many free players they want...

• 3 months later...

i dont think it's an error, so much as a limitation in the editor. :thup:

i need to do something about the registration rules, considering some teams seem to have more players than they're supposedly allowed.

i also want to tweak finances, fix a few kits, check attendances etc, and then look at STOK again as i never got it fully researched for FM10 so all i did back then is sitting there wasted.

• 2 months later...

right now there are all but a few leagues implemented. The only real issue seems to be the one I've highlighted in another topic, that the regional league teams get mixed around for no reason between each season. A pain but not unplayable by any means - you'll still go up and down as intended, but may move federation, which doesn't happen in reality.

quick update:

of all the regional leagues to be implemented, only EPEL and POEPA are lacking the research to be put in at the moment. Fingers crossed I can find more. All other leagues have been updated from their 09/10 to 10/11 clubs and are working properly, with the exception of some of EPOL being absent.

In terms of the national leagues, everything will need to be started from scratch compared to earlier versions, as I'm no longer using the advanced editor. I have until Wednesday if I want this to be done, as I'm then away for the best part of two months.

:thup:

Archived