Guest roberto922

Everton FC - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - Nothing But The Best

is Good Enough

571px-Everton_FC_Crest-colour.svg_.png

Home Kit:

everton_home_kit_2011_3.jpg

Away kit:

tim-cahill-models-everton-fc-s-brand-new-bright-pink-away-kit-300-756169105.jpg

Still love the look on Cahills face with that picture.

Club Information

Background

Name: Everton FC

Nickname: The Toffees

Founded: 1878

Derbies: The Merseyside Derby (vs Liverpool)

Fierce Rivals: Liverpool

Other Rivals: Man City, Man Utd, Tranmere

Feeder Clubs: Pittsburgh, Preston, Everton (CHI)

Legends: Dixie Dean, Brian Labone, Harry Catterick, Howard Kendall, Alan Ball

Icons: Neville Southall, Duncan Ferguson, Peter Reid, Tim Cahill, Joe Royle, Graeme Sharp, Dave Watson, Kevin Ratcliffe, Bob Latchford, Kevin Campbell

Favoured Personnel: David Moyes

League: English Premier League

Media Prediction: 8th

Team Captain: Phil Neville

Vice Captain: Mikel Arteta

Finances

Estimated Value: £75 million (£43 million debt)

Balance: £13.5m

Transfer Budget: £2.6 million (Top half finish - £3.6m (Winners)

Wage Budget: £775k p/w - £875k p/w

Stadium and Training

Ground: Goodison Park

Build Date: 1892

Capacity: 40,158

Season Ticket Holders: 26,000

Average Ticket Price: £31.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £535

Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Average Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment: Above Average

Staff

Chairman: Bill Kenwright

Director: Phillip Carter

Director: Robert Earl

Director: Jon Woods

Assistant Manager: Steve Round

1st Team Coach: Jimmy Lumsden

Coach: Andy Holden

Coach: Alan Stubbs

Goalkeeper Coach: Chris Woods

Fitness Coach: Dave Billows

Fitness Coach: Steve Tashjian

Youth Coach: Martin Waldron

Youth Coach: Paul Bennett

Youth Coach: Terry McPhillips

Youth Coach: Ray Hall

Youth Coach: Tosh Farrell

Youth Coach: Kevin O'Brien

Youth Coach: Neil Dewsnip

Youth Coach: Kevin Sheedy

Youth Coach: Mick O'Brien

Physio: Ian Irving

Physio: Steve Hardwick

Physio: Jimmy Comer

Physio: Daniel Donachie

Physio: Richie Porter

Physio: Matt Connery

Scout: Bryan King

Scout: Marcelino

Scout: Tony Fawthrop

Scout: Robbie Cooke

Scout: Tony Henry

Scout: Josef Scaplar

Analysis

At Evertons current level I would aim to have at least 4 stars in each training area.

Coaching staff

KEEP

Steve Round is worth keeping, at least until you can get someone better, but isn't great as a coach.

Chris Woods has 4 stars in either goalkeeping goalkeeping section.

Kevin O'Brien has 4 stars in both goalkeeping sections too so keep him, offer him a contract as a standard coach and set him to whichever goalkeeping section you don't have Woods on.

MAYBES

Steve Tashijan (Strength, Aerobic), Andy Holden (Tactics), Jimmy Lumsden (Ball Control) have 3.5* or over, keep until you can find better.

FIRE

Everyone else.

Recommended hirings:

First of all, ask the board for extra coaching spaces.

Fitness: Steve Black

Ball Control: Paul McGuinness (though he is pricey at 400k compensation, offer him a role as coach rather than youth coach)

Defending: Stuart Pearce (He'll ask for ridiculous wages but I offered him 9k as assistant and he accepted. 72k to 9k in a few seconds, I wonder why club management didn't work out Stuart?)

Attacking: I haven't found a 4 star coach willing to sign for us yet.

Bear in mind this staff analysis is based on someone wanting the best coaches available to them, 3* can coach ok in the premier league, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Physios

Fire them all, hire Magnus Forsblad and Steve Whitehall, both have excellent determination and physiotherapy, and are free.

Scouts

King, Henry, Fawthrop and Cooke will do for now. Fire Scaplar, he's awful.

If you want to get the best available to you, hire Tord Grip, David Hamilton, Jimmy Hampson and Bryan Robson. The last 2 cost more than £1.2m together though.

The Squad

Assistant Managers Recommendation:

GK: Tim Howard (3*, god knows what he has to do to be rated fairly in this game)

DR: Phil Neville (3.5*)

DL: Leighton Baines (3.5*)

DCR: Phil Jagielka (3.5*)

DCL: John Heitinga (3.5*)

DL: Leighton Baines (3.5*)

DMC: Marouane Fellaini (3.5*)

MCR: Mikel Arteta (3.5*)

MCL: Tim Cahill (3.5*)

AMR: Steven Pienaar (2.5*, very annoying that he hasn't been made a natural left winger yet)

AML: Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (3*)

ST: Yakubu (3*)

Priorities: A proper right winger, and people say the game isn't realistic!

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

Shock horror, Tim Howard is underrated again. However, he's good enough now, a replacement can wait until a couple of seasons in really. Jan Mucha is more than adequate backup, Turner isn't good enough, only keep him if you want to sell one of Howard or Mucha, which would be daft so don't. In terms of youth, none of them look like ever amounting to anything, Adam Davies could maybe at a stretch be backup in a few years. Get rid or let their contracts run down, up to you, but I doubt they'll ever do anything for you.

Hire/Fire: Sell the 3 youths, no need to sign anyone but if you're insistent one of my favourites on FM is Alex Smithies and he looks pretty handy this year as well, and is only 20.

Left Back

It's common knowledge that Baines is awesome, no brainer to keep him, lack of real backup though, maybe loan someone in? Bidwell should be decent in the future, maybe Garbutt too so no need for a real long term backup. Someone like Patrick Van Aanholt would do, you could try and get a future fee put in too in case he impresses, as he usually turns out good. Phil Neville can also play there but he's your best right back so would be better to not have to take him from there.

Hire/Fire: No one has to go. Bidwell and Garbutt should at least end up as decent backup, Baines is great. If you're looking for a backup, PV Aanholt looks like he'd be good on loan, though they are asking for a 250k loan fee.

Right Back

Phil Neville is a good solid right back, little attacking nouse but a great defender. Behind him is Tony Hibbert, look up steady in the dictionary and you see his ugly mug. And then there's the White Cafu, Coleman has actually managed to be even uglier than Hibbert but gets away with it through being awesome. Unfortunately his great form came a little too late for him to be of too much use in FM11 but he should still grow to be a good premier league player. Hibbert can go, but I'd keep him personally and send Coleman out on loan to get some experience. Heitinga can play there too if needed. The two teenagers are awful.

Hire/Fire: Ty Browning and Jordan Barrows. No need to buy anyone this season unless you find a bargain.

Centre Back

Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin, all 3 are more than good enough, Yobo is on loan for the season but has miraculously avoided a steep drop in ability this year so will be useful when he gets back. Duffy, Johan Hammer and Mustafi should be decent when they're older, the rest are terrible. Though if you want to raise some money Distin is certainly expendable, or Heitinga if you want a bit more.

Hire/Fire: Keep Jagielka, Distin, Yobo, Heitinga, Duffy, Hammer, Mustafi. Get rid of the rest or let their contracts run down. No purchases required, though Miranda looks quite handy, I was offered him for £4m.

Defensive/Centre/Attacking Midfield:

If you're playing with a defensive midfielder then Fellaini and Rodwell will be fine, and of course Neville and Heitinga are adept there. In Central Midfield there's Arteta, Osman, Rodwell (his natural position) and also Fellaini, Billy, Pienaar and Cahill can play there. In attacking midfield you're spoilt for choice, with 3 top class AMCs in Bilyaletdinov, Pienaar and of course Tim Cahill. Leon Osman can also play there. Too many youngsters to go through so I'll just list the ones not worth keeping in the hire/fire section, but Ross Barkley is the major prospect, though I suspect his long term injury he recently picked up will be included in the patch for the first game. James Wallace has the potential to be good too and Hope Akpan could also be decent backup.

Hire/Fire: Keep everyone except: all of the u18s other than Barkley and Hammar. Gerard Kinsella and Adam Forshaw from the reserves. If you want to raise money I'd sell Osman. I'll also be a complete hypocrite after Eden Hazard being my big signing and say that signing an AMC is completely unnecessary.

Wingers:

Wingers are annoying me purely because Pienaar should be a natural left winger, but isn't. But anyway, left wing is nice and strong, Bilyaletdinov and Pienaar at first choice and then Gueye behind them who has been great for me. Arteta can play there but it's far from his best position, as with real life. Right wing there is no natural right wingers, if you get your hands on some money this should be your first priority. Osman, Pienaar and Arteta can all do a job there but it's far from ideal. Anichebe (once fit) and Baxter should be decent backup but again they're not natural right wingers.

Hire/Fire: As in the CM bit, sell Osman if you want cash. Looking at the player search, most AMRs seem to be natural AMCs, secondary AMRs. Annoying. Will update this when I find someone worth getting, or of course if you find one post in the thread.

Strikers

Ah, strikers. So many, yet still not good enough. Saha and Yakubu are fairly even, both can do a job but Yakubu is better as a lone striker, Beckford is good backup and you can't sell him in the demo anyway as he's a new signing. Vaughan has managed to cling on to his tag as a good prospect so is worth keeping, Joao Silva also looks decent which surprised me. Baxter and Anichebe will be decent backup but in January I think I'd probably sell Anichebe to raise funds. Agard is useless again, as are all of the U18s.

Hire/Fire: It's up to you really, none of the strikers are irreplaceable, though in the demo you can't sell Anichebe (injury) or Beckford (new player) so you're left with Yakubu, Saha, Vaughan, Baxter. I'd probably sell Saha and bring in a good young striker like Lukaku. I personally managed that without selling a striker, but if you have to Saha is the one I'd go for.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thread roberto, first one to give staff recommendations iirc, so wp :thup:

A couple of pointers :

1) You might want to reserve a few posts for your additional analysis (I will delete my post)

2) The title seems to be missing 'Nisi', don't know if you left that out on purpose

3) The title is also a little bit overlapping and has a stray [/b] at the end

Guest roberto922

I find our strength in midfield excellent, Arteta/Rodwell/Fellaini/Osman/Neville/Heit/Cahill in CM, Diniyar/Gueye/Pienaar left wing, Pienaar/Osman/Not sure if Coleman can play as a right winger in this actually and then Cahill/Diniyar/Pienaar/Baxter in AMC. Obviously some overlap but in general it's very strong.

I am finding my attack a little overrun considering I play 4-5-1 though, especially with Beckford and Silva being overrated. Btw I signed Lukaku and Hazard in my save, made an offer of £12m over 48 months for Hazard, they responded saying they wanted £20 odd soI took that as an opportunity to try out the board requests, buttered them up about how important he is to my plans and they took over negotiations and got him for £18m on £45k a week. Then I converted wage budget to transfer budget and bought Lukaku over 48 months too. Pienaar is refusing to negotiate in a new contract after failed talks though :(

Top of the league ATM, 4 wins out of 4 and a win in the Carling Cup. That's how you do it Moyes!

As far as the demo goes young Italian Andrea Poli looks like a fantastic prospect as backup for Arteta or as a midfield playmaker in general. Signing him would allow for a few more options, say Arteta as a creative winger or Cahill up top. Seems to be a bit on the pricey side for the lowly three million transfer budget I got so I guess I'll have to sell to buy.

Never been a fan of Saha, time to get rid of him :D

Guest roberto922

Managed to persuade Pienaar to sign at 38k pw with sizeable appearance/goal bonuses. Had to pay his money grabbing agent 1m though

Guest roberto922

I shifted budgets over to wages for a bit to get it up a bit. He rejected me too, no idea if it's a bug or just a crap feature but a few times I've had people saying something is an acceptable offer but want to think about it, and then go off and reject me.

Ok, so after I wasn't really satisfied with my transfer in the first attempt I restarted, shipped Saha, the Yak and Hibbert out, brought Ganso and Milevskyi in. Very happy with the squad now, playing 4-3-3 I won all preseason matches too. On the full game I'd look for a young fullback and goalie to succeed Howard and Neville respectively, on the demo I didn't bother.

Now for some Premier League action :)

I brought in witsel for about 2.3 over 48 months, lukaku for 7.5 over 48 and hazard for 16 over 48 months and am battling with liverpool for top of the league. The game is really frustrating tho, no matter what i choose for instructions it doesnt seem to do anything for the players. i choose control and retain possesion(sp) and they hoof it. I say overlap and they play down the middle. play to feet? nope, i like crosses from the corners! Dont even get me started on their reactions ffs! Opposing players move into the box and pounce on loose balls, my players stand there and think 'hey theres a loose bal...hey!' and by that time the ball is cleared by the opposition. just frustrating really even tho im winning...

gotta get a snappy line in the thread name mate :)

im going to do a long term save after my exams till the first patch with everton (who i support) in which i will particiapte more in this thread

Im thinking of

--------------------------Howard-------------------------

Neville---------Jagielka------Heitinga----------Baines

-----------------Felliaini----------Arteta------------------

??????-------------------Cahill--------------------Pienaar

------------------------------Yakubu------------------------

Ill look to bring in a Right winger but with Tony Hibberts ability at LB i may just keep him at the club if i sell anyone it will be Leon Osman i think

Im going to try and develop our young guns as best I can (ross barkley Rodwell Guyue etc)

its just frustrating how in FM10 i made barley any signings sold heaps of players with everton first season but was still loosing 2-3 million per month

Hopefully Coleman is improved at the first possible opportunity

Really, really struggling.

Distin and Jagielka have been sent off, only 4 games gone, both for last-man tackles.

Only managing a handful of shots, around 8-10 per game against average teams like West Ham, West Brom, Sunderland, Stoke and the games are generally crap affairs.

4-5-1, but we seem to have hit a golden patch now with 4 straight wins :D

Tim Howard just asked to be placed on the transfer list, citing "Worried by lack of discipline" and my failure to "Improve the management of the players"

I assume he's being arsey because we've had 2 red-cards so far and i've warned Distin and Jagielka.

Still... highly unrealistic.

I find 4-4-1-1 quite ineffective myself, i'm top of the prem with 48 points at the end of the demo, a 4-4-2 with high wingers has worked great so far.

Only 1 signing, Sebastien Bassong 4.5m from Spurs

----------------- Howard ------------------

Heitinga - Jagielka - Bassong - Baines

------------ Rodwell - Cahill --------------

Arteta ----------------------------- Gueye

------------ Saha - Yakubu ---------------

playing a rigid 4-2-3-1 ...good pre-season, only one draw against ipswich and beat the rest. got lukaku, donovan and bassong, loaned out osman, hibbert, saha and sold distin.

------------------- Howard -----------------

Neville ----- Jagielka -- Heitinga ----- Baines

-----------------------------------------------

------------ Rodwell -- Fellaini ------------

Donovan ----------- Cahill ------------ Arteta

----------------- Lukaku ----------------------

won the first league match away against west brom 1:0, promissing start....

Went and ****ed off Saha, Vaughan, Osman and Turner because I placed them on the transfer list. Told them all that they were disrespecting the club and me which made them even more mad except Osman who apologized and said he'll work harder in training. That's how a pro should be.

Otherwise, sent Hibbert on loan for 1m as I'll be rotating Neville and Coleman at right-back. Tried to get Miranda (was offered him for 3m) but Chelsea snapped him up for 8m. Bastards. Can't find anyone for right-wing yet so its Pienaar there with Baxter backing him up for now. In negotiation with Lukaku and Hazard.

----------Howard----------

Coleman-Jag-Distin-Baines

------Fellaini-Arteta-------

Pienaar--Cahill----Billy

-----------Yak-------------

sold pienaar for bryan ruiz and got neymar for 14.5 after a few sales....amongst others...got lukaku and babacar...danny wilson from the RSand that young centre half galeano or something...wijnaldum...and s young centre mid from psv whos gonna be quality...forget his name now

Thought I would try to get this thread going.

Started a game on 11.1 patch, with only changes removing existing injuries as I like to start with a clean slate (only Fellaini i think i had to change)

Transfers In:

Gai Assulin (free) - remember him being quite good on previous versions and his agent offered him to me. Took him on trial and he impressed in friendlies

Alexis Sanchez (£30m) - break down is 2.5m after 30 goals, 2.5m after 50 games, 20m over 48 months. Board were unhappy and Peter Reid said I paid too much, but has scored 3 in 9 as a winger.

Vaclav Kadlec (£5m) - Half up front, half over 48 months. Hasn't featured much as I got him last minute because I couldn't get Connor Wickham. Scored and got an assist in his only start against Forrest in League Cup.

Transfers Out:

Steven Pienaar (£10m Chelsea) - maybe could have got more, but Chelsea enquired and I just chose a value I didn't think they'd pay. He wanted out.

James Vaughan (£2.5 Stoke) - Got better options up front and needed cash.

Shane Duffy (Loan Watford) - Got Championship Young Player of Month for September

Luke Garbutt (Loan Forest Green) - Performing averagely for them

I've been playing a 4-2-3-1

GK Howard - Goalkeeper(Defend)

DR Neville/Coleman Full Back (Automatic)

DL Baines Full Back (Automatic)

DC Jagielka Central Defender (Defend)

DC Heitinga Central Defender (Defend)

MC Rodwell Deep Lying Playmaker (Support)

MC Fellaini Ball Winning Midfielder (Support)

AML Gueye Inside Forward (Attack)

AMR Sanchez Inside Forward (Attack)

AMC Arteta Trequartista (Attack)

FC Yakubu Deep Lying Forward (Attack)

Saha and Cahill both injured, Cahill just coming back as Fellaini out for 3 weeks, so think I'll drop Arteta back into a Deep Lying Playmaker role, put Rodwell on Ball Winning and stick Cahill behind the Yak.

Gueye has been immense so far. 5 Goals in 7 Games as a AML Inside Forward

Yak and Sanchez have 3 each

Beckford has 2, both in League Cup.

5th in the League P7 W4 D1 L2, just beat Arsenal 1-0 away. They were top and undefeated.

Who have people got to tutor others? I am looking for someone to tutor Baxter and Kadlec up front mostly

Guest roberto922

Cahill for Wallace, Jags for Duffy, Pienaar for... Gueye I think

Gonna post an update when I get to January, probably tomorrow

Hows the AI in 2011, has it calmed down a bit? Preseason went OK, 5 wins and 1 defeat in 6, home win over Brum 1-0 and then Notts County were hamemred 3-0 away...I then got snotted away at Blackburn 3-1...

Transfers Out

John Heitinga - £10 Mil

Leon Osman - £8.5 Mil

Pienaar - £10.75 Mil

Vaughan - £2.6 Mil (30% sell on)

Players in (all on the drip)

Lukaku - £7.5 Mil

Vadlec - £1.5 Mil

Donovan - £8.25 Mil

Fer - £8.5 Mil

Jarvis - £5 Mil

Boyata - Loan

Van Aanholt - Loan

Sortis deal done for July (£5 Mil)

I am probably going to shift on Cahill, Yakubu and Saha in Jan/end of the season

Also (sorry peppering the board)...Fitness, my players are rubbish cant handle 2 games in a week! training at medium (a low medium as well), pre match workload at average... 4* and 41/2 * fitness trainers...

After messing around a little with the full game, I've decided it was a good time to start a save with my beloved Everton..

Not doing bad after five league games. Im second after playing City, Liverpool and Tottenham so I guess I cant complain much. Got kicked out of the League Cup by West Ham though :( at Goodison, Match was tied (although i was dominating) and seconds after i made my last change, Fellaini got injured and i had to play the last 15 minutes of the game plus overtime with 10. **** happens, i guess..

Im grinding some results and having flashes of acceptable football, though im not really satified with the way we're playing.

And now, some pictures:

121zg9x.jpg

2zducyr.jpg

34orqki.jpg

Yor thoughts, please. Have fun!

Guest roberto922

Gonna make it my mission to get Torres next season if he's still at Liverpool, transfer listed by request, would be the ultimate troll.

Went in to a run of games against Tottenham, Liverpool and Man Utd in the space of 8 days fearing the worst but did awesome, drew 1-1 with Spurs but then beat Liverpool 3-0 and Man Utd 3-1. Still in the League Cup, got Man City in the quarter finals and determined to beat them after the embarrassing 5-0 defeat back in September. In 4th atm, 2 points off 1st place but it's really close between 6th and 1st. So far I've won 10, drawn 2 and lost 3. Cahill is easily the main provider of goals with 14 in 15 games, Clint Dempsey is doing well with 5 in 8 (had an injury), then a bunch of players on 2-4 goals.

currently on a run of 3 wins on the spin 3-1 away to Villa, 3-1 home to Newcastle & 4-1 away to Blackpool...Tis going well... Alex Yakubu to the RS, they beat you 3-2...did he score? Hes just had a mardy moment in my game! Not playing him, so he spat the dummy...

Anyone know how to turn the striker into a 'poacher' in the tactis bit?

Also started a game with Everton :)

Transfers:

In:

Jelle Vossen (Genk) - £2m

Connor Wickham (Ipswich) - £1.7m

Ryan Shawcross (Stoke) - £5m

Bryan Ruiz (Twente) - £8m

Out:

Louis Saha -> Atletico (loan fee £825k)

Jose Baxter -> Chelsea £1.6m

Steven Pienaar -> £6.75m

Yakubu -> Chelsea £5.75m

Seamus Coleman -> Leeds (loan)

Nathan Craig -> Darlington (loan)

Shane Duffy -> Fulham £725k

Playing a 4-2-3-1 but switching often to a 4-1-1-3-1 (DMCL - MCR). So far played 8 games, won 6 and drawn 2.

C'mon Toffees \o/

Decided to start my 1st game of 2011 with Everton. Last FM played was 09 and didnt play demo for 2011 so had no idea of tactics or players.

Mainly due to this i didnt really get involved in the transfer market much.

Out:

Pienaar - £10.75M

Turner - £0 (50% of next fee)

In:

Gai Assulin Free (was offered him by his agent and looks like he could do a turn)

Vladimir Weiss £6.5M (coming next season)

Bruno Zuculini £3.3M (coming next season)

Pre season was pretty decent won every game.

This set us up well for the beginning of the season.

In the PRM:

Arsenal H 2-0 (Yakubu, Cahill)

Chelsea A 0-1 (Cahill)

Liverpool H 0-0

Wolves A 0-0

West Ham H 1-1 (Cahill)

Wigan A 1-3 (Cahill, Yakubu, Heitinga)

LC:

Leyton Orient A 0-2 (Yakubu(2))

Bristol Rovers A 0-3 (Saha, Baxter, Gueye)

So undefeated so far but the draws v Wolves and West Ham were costly i find myself only in 5th, 4 points behind ManU in 1st.

Cahill has been the standout player so far.

Having trouble with my everton save can't seem to score using a 4-2-3-1 formation.

im in november now sitting in 11th place is any struggling with this? can anyone give me some advice?

What tic tac are you using?

Archived