Continental Dominance Challenge

I was reading on the FMS forum about people trying to go for a triple crown of Champions Leagues, then someone mentioned doing all six of them, so I must give credit for the inspiration to do this challenge from the people in that forum. So the aim of the challenge is to win the continental equivalent of the European Champions Leagues on every continent, these are the competitions you need to win.

1. OFC Champions League(Oceania)

2. Asian Champions League

3. North American Champions League

4. African Champions League

5. Copa Libertadores

6. European Champions League

To achieve this you may have to download a few add ons, I downloaded New Zealand from this post.

My set up was

Europe - Italy and England

Africa - Egypt and South Africa

Oceania - New Zealand

Asian - Japan and Australia

North American - Mexico and USA

South America - Brazil and Argentina

Obviously there are many different combinations to achieve the goal but you have to remember that although in game Australia is listed as Oceania they do not compete in the OFC Champions League. Africa is limited to just South African teams unless you download an add on league, I downloaded the Egyptian League from here, there is also lots of downloads in this thread for anyone who wants to give themselves more options. It is also worth noting that it is possible to win the North American Champions League and the Copa Libertadores with Mexican teams, although the qualifying rules are very strange in this league system.

Rules

1. Start with Semi-professional reputation or lower.

2. Must start unemployed.

3. Must accept one of the first 2 jobs offered to you.

Options

1. Any combination of leagues can be loaded to achieve the goal.

2. Genie Scout can be used to find regens if you wish but please do not edit your game with FMRTE.

3. Attribute masking can be on or off.

4. You can achieve the goal in any order.

5. National management is encouraged but totally optional.

6. Discussion about the save is encouraged in this thread.

7. Player naming and advice is also encouraged here.

So the aim is simple win 6 continental crowns, I do not expect many people if any at all to take part in this challenge as it is quite time consuming. This is a cheap plug but anyone thinking about doing the challenge can check out my thread in the career forums to see the challenge play out. I will consider it a success if I can get even 2 or 3 people to do this challenge. I often see people saying that they have lost their passion for the game, I did not feel like playing FM10 at all until I took up this challenge and I am having my best game ever.

Good luck people, hope to see some of you taking part soon.

Standings

AcidBurn

OFC Champions League - 2010 - Auckland City

Asian Champions League - 2013 - Wellington Phoenix

North American Champions League- 2016 - America(MEX)

European Champions League - 2018 - Real Madrid

South American Copa Libertadores - 2023 - Velez

African Champions League - 2028 - Ismaily

Thepathtoamen

Oceania Champions league - 2011 - Auckland City

Asian Champions league - 2013 - Shanghai Shenhua

South American Copa Libertadores - 2016 - Sao Paulo

African Champions league - 2019 - Al-Ahly

European Champions League - 2020 - Valencia

North American Champions League - 2023 - Kansas City

stoo_watp

OFC Champions League - 2011 - Canterbury Dragons

North American Champions League - 2016 - Cruz Azul

European Champions League - 2022 - Spurs

Almondo

OFC Champions League - 2010 - Canterbury Dragons

African Champions League - 2014 - Platinum Stars

European Champions League - 2019 - Aston Villa

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, starting over with real players :)

lol, good luck.

My Career

As you can see so far I have won on 4 continents and recently lost in the Copa Libertadores final as well. I tend to move clubs pretty much as soon as I win the continental trophy.

Okay so started off down in New Zealand with the Canterbury United Dragons.

Great to have you on board. They were one of the clubs I nearly started out at. South Americans on free transfers are the way to go in New Zealand.

I feel like giving this a go alongside my main save. Am at work but will sort out the settings tonight. Will get back to you when I pick a starting team. :)

Good to see someone else having ago it's a long challenge but good fun.

Started out with Auckland City :)

Cool that's the place I went to before moving to New Zealand based A-League team Wellington Phoenix. For some reason on my game Team Wellington are very rich. Keep us updates on how you get on.

I was thinking about doing something like this now that I have completed the Big Euro Challenge, not sure what leagues I would load, but tempted to see what Island leagues are out there, winning the Oceania Champs League with a Samoan side could be fun.

There are loads of created leagues for Oceania my mate used Fiji and won it.

Right well I am going to give this a go and run it as my second/third save alongside my now completed Big Euro Save. It may take me a while to get into the game, especially as I am going to test how much my computer can handle as well. So for my first attempt here is what I am loading:

Europe - Belgium (Div 3), Croatia (Div 2), England (Level 11), Italy (Serie C2), N.Ireland (Div 2), Portugal (Div 2), Spain (Div 2).

Africa - Egypt, Ghana & Kenya.

Oceania - New Zealand, Fiji & Solomon Islands.

Asian - China, Iran, Japan & Thailand

North American - Mexico

South America - Brazil, Colombia & Peru

With a large database this puts me at 79000 Players, and over the recommended 75,000. I think I am willing to risk it and see how it runs. Currently undecided whether I will journeyman around to try and move up leagues before I start targeting my first continent or if I will take a small club and win a continent before moving on. Basically my thought is that I need a second entertaining game so this will be it. I shall start unemployed and see what jobs are available at the beginning.

Continental Domination Season 1 - Canterbury United Dragons

Okay so my Continental Dominance starts out at the Canterbury United Dragons in the NZ Championship. The start of the season saw us lose our first game before starting to pull it together as a team. The league went well with 5 of the 8 teams challenging for the playoffs. Losing only 2 games all season and drawing 5 saw us top the league ahead of Otago Utd.

League Table before Playoffs

The playoffs saw us face Waitakere United in the Semi final. A tense 1-1 draw saw the game go to penalties which is alwasy a tense time.

Playoff Semi Final vs Waitakere United

So after the Semi we had a quick 3 day turn around for the final against Otago who had given us a 3-0 spanking on the opening day of the season. Another tense game with a 1-0 ending.

Playoff Final Vs Otago United

With that win the league season was over and we just had to wait for the draw for the group stage of the OCL.

League table after Playoffs

O League

The group stage saw us drawn against Kossa FC of the Soloman Islands, Rapatona FC of Papua New Guinea and Tafea of Vanuatu. First up was Tafea away which saw us run out 3-1 winners. Next up Rapatona came to visit and we ran out easy 3-0 victors in a game we dominated. This win saw us qualify for the Semi Final. The final group game saw us against Kossa FC in a game which saw us run out 2-0 winners. The Semi Final saw us drawn against Kossa FC. The semi woud be interesting as we had faced them in the group stage. This game saw us run out the winners 2-1. So Canterbury dragons were headed for the club's first ever O League Final against Lotoha'api of Tonga. The game wasn't a classic but it did see us run out 3-1 winners.

O League Fixtures

transfers

Year     Team                  League                Achievements
09/10   Canterbury Dragons    NZ Championship        League and O League Champions

I'm about to start this challenge, with the following leagues:

Africa

Egypt - Premier League

South Africa - Premier Division

Asia

Japan - N-League 1

South Korea - K-League

Europe

England - Premier League, Coca-Cola Championship, Coca-Cola League 1, Coca-Cola League 2

France - Ligue 1, Ligue 2

Germany - First Division, Second Division

Italy - Serie A, Serie B

Spain - Liga BBVA, Liga adelante

North America

USA - MLS

Mexico - First Division

Ocenia

Australia - Hyundai A-League

New Zealand - NZ Football Championship

South America

Argentina - First Division, Second Division

Brazil - First Division, Second Division

I plan on doing this in order of trophy reputation, in other words I'll be doing it in order of difficulty.

OFC Champions League(Oceania)

African Champions League

Asian Champions League

North American Champions League

Copa Libertadores

European Champions League

So my first stop will be New Zealand. With what team, I do not know yet.

Ok after 7 games (half a season) I am sitting second in the league, 3 points off the top, I would of been joint top, if not top on my own if it was not for a 80th minute collapse against Hawkes bay.

Had 4 signings at the beginning of the game, Gino, Luizinho, Jamie Duncan and Andrew Barron. However Luizinho had a bad injury keeping him out for 4 months so I thought at his age that will probably finish him off so I released him. I have also just got this guy on loan as my scout recommended him. He is on international duty at the moment so not tried him out but hope he will help me out for goals. Gino has gone straight into my defense and has played every game so far and Andrew Barron is a bit injury prone but is one of my first choice mid-fielders when fit. Duncan is used as back up as I only had one left sided midfielder when I started.

Played in the club world Championship against Al Ahly, but it was men against boys and I was 6-0 down at half time and finished 7-0. Not my best game on FM to be honest, not that I was expecting to win it.

Hoping to push on in the second half of the season and win the league. Next update at end of season.

OK end of the first season at Auckland and here is the final table as you can see we made it to 3rd therefore got entered into the playoffs. First round against Youngheart who we beat 2-0 thanks to a couple of penalties. We then got my old foe Hawkes Bay who we couldn't beat all season. They beat us 1-0 on an easy penalty which is annoying. But I am happy with 2nd in the end. The team is too old and needs a good clean out, but my signings did well so am pleased about that. Next season I want to beat Hawkes Bay and get first in table for playoffs and then hopefully win them. Will update mid way though again.

O yeah and I also applied and got the role of Ivory Coast under 21's manager, so that should be interesting but doubt I will last long. :)

I'll keep this update short as this part of my career is just a stepping stone to the 6 champions leagues. An average start to the season we went on a great run which saw us rise up the table and we maintained that for a third place finish. We also did well to reach the quarters in the Chatham cup. A good season overall.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Ok season 2 at Auckland went a bit better for me. Made some more signings and let some youth and reserves go to spare up some cash. I signed that Tahiti winger/stiker i got on loan last season as he was brilliant for me. I also signed Aaron Westervelt, Silvio, Benjamin Longue, Pedro Garcia and Sam Blackburn. Pedro Garcia and Longue were both first team for me and the others as back up.

The final league is as stands. As you can see I sneaked into 1st with a run of 13 games unbeaten and then went on to win the play off's and be crowned champion! YAY!

Hopefully providing my computer can manage it, will be setting this up with the following leagues. I have downloaded some other nations from those links and some other North American sides, since I hate managing in the MLS. Numbers of divisions in brackets.

Africa: Angola (2), Egypt (2), South Africa (2)

Europe: England (Prem), France (2), Holland (2), Portugal (1), Scotland (1)

Asia: Australia (1), Hong Kong (1), Singapore (1)

Oceania: Fiji (2), New Zealand (1)

South America: Brazil (1), Chile (2)

North America: Costa Rica (2), Honduras (2), Mexico (2)

I'm putting the start date as England's season, so Summer 2009! Not really sure where I want to start, just hope its warm and sunny.

Archived