Continental Dominance Challenge

Who said anything about sucess, Thepathtoamen? I figured if they have no expectations I may not be laughed at too badly!

Initial assessment of Iraq, is that they have some decent looking players, some of which are playing regularly in Holland.

They are currently ranked 152nd in the world, and failed to get past their group in the World Cup Qualifying for 2014.

There are no currently scheduled fixtures for 2013, and it looks as though the next competition I will have to qualify for is the Asian Nations Cup.

My welcome message from the Iraqi FA has asked me to keep Iraq competitive during my time in charge, reminds me that they have potential and to nuture young talent. I will probably try and find some young players to start bringing into the squad.

On accepting the Iraq job, the Egpytian club that had agreed to a delay, withdrew their offer. Without regular club football for any club, I find international management really boring, so will be continuing to apply for club jobs and pray someone doesnt mind me doing 2 jobs at once.

Edit: A few days later Al-Maqasah approach me to be their manager. This is the same club I mentioned above, and I have accepted. They are in the Egyptian North Division, from which the first place club gets promoted, and its an amateur club. I figure it will at worst be a stepping stone to bigger clubs in Africa, if I can do well. However I start with most of the squad "missing", so will have to try and find some players to poach!

Edit 2: Iraq's Asian Cup Qualifying group has been announced. We have Qatar, Thailand and Tajikstan to contend with. I hope we can get past them, somehow. Have arranged 2 friendlies for end of 2012 first, against similarly ranked sides.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started this , doing:

Africa: Egypt, South Africa

Oceania: New Zealand , Cook Islands

Europe: England, Scotland

Asia: Hong Kong, India, North Korea

South America: Brazil, Argentina

North America: Cayman Islands, USA, Trinidad and tobago

lets hope my laptop can handle it :)

Welcome aboard Leeds_oasis, good luck at your first club.

That does not actually sound too bad Glibs, sounds like they have a team with promise if a few of the players are playing in Europe, although will have to wait and see how it goes in some matches I guess. But any ways good luck with them and your new club.

Guyatwork, that kinda sucks! are most of them getting turned down, I will remember this and maybe I should head to Egypt rather than SA when the time comes...

The Egpytian North Division is tough. It is a mix of Professional and Amateur clubs, and of course I'm with an amateur club. Get the feeling I may see the season out, and then look elsewhere, since I'd prefer a fair battle, or at least a chance with a semi-pro or pro club in same leagues. I dont mind promoting a club and then buidling for the continental challenge, but this is a step too far for this type of challenge!

Iraq so far 2 friendlies, a 2-0 loss to Burundi and then a 3-0 win against Cook Islands. Thought I would start with some "easy" matches!

The Egpytian North Division is tough. It is a mix of Professional and Amateur clubs, and of course I'm with an amateur club. Get the feeling I may see the season out, and then look elsewhere, since I'd prefer a fair battle, or at least a chance with a semi-pro or pro club in same leagues. I dont mind promoting a club and then buidling for the continental challenge, but this is a step too far for this type of challenge!

Iraq so far 2 friendlies, a 2-0 loss to Burundi and then a 3-0 win against Cook Islands. Thought I would start with some "easy" matches!

Sounds pretty challenging, must be hard to sign any decent players surely.

Just a question, is the Asian top tournament their confederations cup or their champions league?

Champions League, good to see another person along for the journey, good luck.

Yeah really hard to get decent players, and just as easy in theory for other teams to poach any good ones you have. Am almost finished this season, have lost more than I think I should, and although our form is just starting to show some promise, I think there may just be some divide as to whether or not its even possible in a reasonable amount of seasons to do this. Of course if this was an African small to big club challenge thing, then I would have no issue, but since the aim is multiple Champions Leagues, I will be not extending my contract at the end of the season and looking elsewhere.

Hopefully my reasonable Iraqi results so far will give me a chance of a top flight side somewhere!

but a lot of asian countries leagues dont qualify for the champions league, only the confederations cup

Wow looking at it you're right. Hong Kong that i picked has top 2 teams going to Confederations cup, Singapore doesnt state, and just looked at Australia and it has loads of league rules that look confusing, at least more than last time I managed there a few versions ago.

The Asian Champions League has a reputation of 12 and the Confederations Cup only has 6 in the editor. The Champions League is the premier competition in Asia, I assume it's like the Europa League rather than the Euro Champions League.

Not really looked into the confederations cup that much but I am going purely by what is considers the highest reputation of continental competition. Like in Europe I would guess it's like the difference between the Sudamericana and the Libertadores, like I said not totally sure though.

I have left Al-Maqasah for the reasons I have mentioned above and am a few months into a new job search. All I want is a semi pro or better club with a bit of potential. Really dont mind which continent, would happily go back to same division in Egypt with a pro club even!

One of the rules is to win the trophy on one continent before moving to another, try to get another job in Africa if you can. The rules are not there to be strict more of a guideline really, I just want people to enjoy the challenge.

I take it your time at Al-Maqasah was not that enjoyable?

Ooops just refreshed after I accept a new job. The problem with that continent restriction is that it could be years before you even get offered another job. Turns out I dont like managing amateur clubs, and it seemed like everything I tried with the club worked for a match or so, before going back to being awful.

I have just accepted a job in Singapore, with Tampines. The way I see it is you need to do some jobs for a while to get the rep to be able to get the bigger jobs and more liklihood of being able to stay within a continent.

Literally only job I have been offered between July and November was been the one in Singapore, and I have been turned down for pretty much everything that came up in that time, including other African jobs. If you wish to enforce the rule, let me know shortly and I will revert back to a previous rolling autosave. Will hold off pressing continue for a bit. The contract I have been offered in Singapore is a 3 year one, with a club with promise and a league with no relegation that I can see. I suspect it will be more enjoyable this way.

Accept the job in Singapore, this challenge is more about fun than rules I don't like challenges with too many rules and restrictions. If it makes it easier to get a job then it makes sense really, I had a good save on an older FM with Singapore with a team called Woodlands I think it was.

Thanks, will try and stick this one out for a bit. If that Egyptian side were fighting relegation but in the Premier Division it woudl have made it more bareable even, knowing there is a chance that Continental football is within reach with a small improvement, but almost relegation against mainly Pro clubs, in the bottom division is just wrong. When I accepted the Al Maqasah job the press conference wondered why I had taken a club beneath me!

Anyways onwards and hopefully upwards in Singapore with Tampines. No clue where you need to finish to get any of the Asian cup cometitions, but it looks like there are Singapore clubs in both of them, so who knows. Got 3-4 months to look at the squad and see what I can do with it.

Does it not say on the rules of the league about qualifying for the Asian Champions League.

Doesn't say anything about qualification for anything on the league rules screen. Will hopefully figure it out as I go along.

At worst at some point you will kick me out of the challenge for taking far too long to get anywhere in it!

Doesn't say anything about qualification for anything on the league rules screen. Will hopefully figure it out as I go along.

At worst at some point you will kick me out of the challenge for taking far too long to get anywhere in it!

lol, I suppose the best way is to just play and see what happens.

Update on my save. Just lost in the Pan-Pacific final against Japanese side 'Nagoya Stolz' which is annoying, we were 1-1 for ages with me dominating and scoring first and they nicked it at about 85 min. O well. Just lost against Guinea as well on international duty. Having a bad period in the game lol. Lets hope it picks up soon!

Almondo - how come? The Dragons are good enough to win the league if I remember correctly, are have I got the teams mixed up in my head? Where you looking to manage next?

I've already got the O League title so I can move on from there. I have enjoyed my time in New Zealand and may return at a later stage. I have finished the season now and failed to get the Championship so have headed to South Africa.

Started with the following:

Africa: Egypt, South Africa and Togo

Asia: Australia and Japan

Europe: England and Spain

Oceania: New Zealand

North America: Mexico and USA

South America: Argentina and Brazil

Hoping for a job in Asia firstly or Oceania.

Welcome to the challenge, it's pretty easy to get a job in New Zealand to start with. Good luck.

Well my first season at Tampines, Singpore I belive was a sucess. When I took over just at the end of their previous league campaign, they had finished 8th in the league. I managed to get them to 3rd, and to the semi finals of both cup competitions. We did have a very injury plagued season though, inclusive of our top goalie being out on 2 long term injuries.

Feel 2nd place should be within our grasps next season, but if Etoile keep hold of their fantastic team they will be dominant for years to come. They would be the side made up of mainly French players.

Need to buy in a decent defence, non injury plagued goalie for the next campaign.

Decent start I would say Glibs. Well done. What are your finances like? Big budget?

230k in the bank. Transfer budget of 27k. So not fantastic finances, can only scout SouthEast Asia at the moment, but then again, I can only have 6 foreigners in the squad and 4 in a matchday squad, so that may be a good thing, that I dont have the whole world to scout!

Continental Domination Season 2 - Canterbury United Dragons

The League this year was no harder than last year despite us losing more games it was down to throwing them away than the teams being better than us.

League Table before Playoffs

The playoff Semi Final saw us up against Waikato FC. After a decent start we just threw the game away losing 3-1 and ending our shot for a 2nd season in the O League.

Playoff Semi Final vs Waikato FC

League table after Playoffs

Club World Championship

The CWC was just an opportunity to have a bit of fun in a cup competition for the Dragons. We came up against Al-Ain in the playoff game and although we started out well we couldn't cope with the onslaught they threw at us and they ran out 2-1 winners.

Vs Al-Ain

transfers

Key Players

Phil Edginton

Gregory Richardson

Tom Lancaster

After resigning from the Dragons as I stated I would do I was offered the Platinum Stars job down in South Africa with 5 games of the season to goand the Lion's of the North in 10th place. I managed to keep them in the SA Premier League but now the rebuilding begins.

Year     Team                  League                Achievements                     notes
09/10   Canterbury Dragons    NZ Championship        League and O League Champions
10/11   Canterbury Dragons    NZ Championship        None                             Resigned after playoffs
10/11   Platinum Stars        SA Premier

Note: I did feel sad leaving the Dragons but I needed to change clubs as I'd already won the O League with the Dragons in my First season in charge of them. However I may return back to New Zealand at some point in the future.

Good to see people having fun. Good move to Africa Amondo I wish I had gone there early on my save and left Europe until last. Should be fun in South Africa on my game there are some really good regens being produced by a few of the clubs there.

My Velez team is the subject of a tycoon takeover which would be a bit crazy in the Argentinian league, with the inability to get players to come to South America from Europe I would have to focus on the best South American youths that I can get.

Well that was almost a fantastic season, only thing that stopped it from being that, was the 6 points more Etoile scored than us. I do believe 2nd place puts us in the Asian Confederations Cup for next season, so that could be interesting. Just checked the rules and apparently I can use less foreign players in that competition than I can in the league :(

We did though win both the league and FA Cup competitions this season, and we had a huge gap (23pts) over 3rd place, so hopefully we can close the gap further on Etoile, and establish ourselves as the second best club in Singapore. Believe one of my foreigners should be able to get Singapore nationality over the break, so hopefuly I will have a new spot open, and will hopefully find some more Singapore players as well that can fill in as backup, or better!

Withh Iraq, we had the Asian Nations cup, and we failed to get through a group of Saudi Arabia, Myanamar and Turkmenistan. I have held onto the job for the time being, but unless I can get Iraq qualified for the world cup in the upcoming qualifying campaign, then I will resign. Running out of good Iraqi players due to retirements.

Club Career So Far

Season    Country        Team             Division          Position     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   New Zealand    Auckland City    NZC               4th          Champions after the playoff
2010/11   New Zealand    Auckland City    NZC               2nd          Lost in Playoff Semis
2011/12   New Zealand    Auckland City    NZC               1st          Lost in Playoff Semis
2012/13   Egypt          Al-Maqasah       North Division    14th         Stepped down as manager as still an amateur club
2014      Singapore      Tampines         S-League          3rd
2015      Singapore      Tampines         S-League          2nd

International Career So Far

Season    Country       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012      Iraq          Appointed Manager
2014      Iraq          Qualified for Asian Nations Cup
2015      Iraq          Finished 3rd in Asian Nations Cup group     

Trophy Case

2012 O-League Champions               Auckland City (NZ)
2015 Singapore League Cup Winners     Tampines
2015 Singapore Cup Winners            Tampines

I decided to give this a go.

I've loaded all leagues of the following countries:

Africa

Cameroon

Egypt

Nigeria

S-Africa

Asia

China

India

S-Korea

Europe

England

Holland

Italy

Spain

N-America

Mexico

USA

Oceania

Australia

N-Zealand

S-America

Argentina

Brazil

Let's hope my Computer can manage al that :)

I was sacked as manager of Iraq after a dismal World Cup qualifying campaign. Not found a new international team. However I am getting linked with loads of club jobs at the moment, and have been offered a job with a Dutch club, which for the moment will turn down. If it was a top Dutch club it would have been more tempting, but really enjoying my time with Tampines, even though I do suspect that winning the Champions League with a Singaporean club may be impossible. Etoile got thrashed in their group with South Korean, Japanese and Chinese clubs. If those are the dominant nations, why on earth didnt I load one of those leagues?

Either way will take a huge job offer, for me to even contemplate leaving Tampines for the time being.

Winning the Asian Champions League was reasonably easy with an Australian team. Well done on winning the Confederations Cup Final. Sounds like you are enjoying your time with Tampines.

I got sacked as England manager after failing to get out of the group stage at the Confederations Cup in our group was Saudi Arabia, France and Mexico. Lost 3 times in 40 games overall but that performance was not good enough. My Velez team just had a takeover by a foreign tycoon, should be interesting.

I never realised that first season I finished top and won play-off, second season I finished 3rd and lost the play-off's.

In real life the team that wins the play-off and the team that wins the league goes into the OFC Champions League, I don't think you can make that happen with the editor though, pity.

Got back to the Confederations Cup final again, only to lose 2-0 to my arch rivals Etoile. Started the season having to play a AFC prelim semi final which I lost to the team I beat in last years final, and was put into the Confederations cup. 3 Singapore sides were in it this year, with none in teh Champions League proper, so really don't understand the qualification at all this season.

Still in the hunt for the title though, but not really happy. I usually leave contract renewals to my assistant manager, and in the messages the day before the final, he had let my prize right back go, due to not offering a real contract. Which is odd as I'm sure I offered him one. The player in question isnt interested in rejoining Tampines either which is a huge blow.

Just started this, have loaded the following:

Africa: South Africa and Egypt (top divisions only)

Asia: South Korea (N-League up)

Europe: England (League 1 up) and Spain (Liga adelante up)

North America: Mexico (top division only)

Oceania: Australia and New Zealand

South America: Argentina (Second Division up) and Uruguay (Second Division up)

Accepted a job offer at Egyptian side Police Union (predicted 11th).

Archived