Scottish Football - the Real McCoy

cmontheloknow

UPDATED TUES 31st MAY 2011.

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE-11-2.zip

The above file will ONLY work with FM11 (11.2). (11.3 hopefully to follow).

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE-11-3.zip

The above is the file for 11.3.

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE-FM10.zip

THIS IS AN FM10 file, and works with 10.3

Anyway....

What to do with the file?

Browse to:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\editor data

and put the file there but also delete config.xml in the same folder (this is to avoid any problems loading it first time)

When you start FM11, a dialogue box should pop up asking you to choose a database. Ensure you only have one file selected - if installing this as an update, remember to uncheck the old one and select the new file. IT won't load with 2 so you'll have to chose the newest one.

When you create a game, I'd advise loading a custom database that keeps all Scottish staff in it (an option under custom is to pick a nation to load all staff from). Also ensure 'add key staff' is ticked and also ask it to fill all squads. This will give teams without players 'newgens' of varying ages.

Select the lowest league you wish to have active - but note all cups will run regardless. If your computer cannot cope, I'd advise deleting unwanted ones in the editor, but perhaps backing the file up first in case of error.

The file should recreate as much as possible the current scenario in Scotland. There are a few concessions, i is made from a non-league angle so I've had to make custom rules for Scotland to allow signings outwith the window which has not been coded by SI.

Here's a guide to the leagues....

SENIOR NON LEAGUE FOOTBALL

Scottish Highland Football League – a background

The Highland League is unarguably the most famous division in Scotland out-with the four national leagues. For decades it was the only outlet for Senior football in the North of Scotland, Aberdeen excluded, though traditionally Aberdeen is not considered a part of the Highlands. The early days were dominated by the Inverness clubs, with Caledonian and Clachnacuddin particularly regular winners. Post WW1, the number of winners from the eastern side of the set-up increased as the power markedly shifted from Inverness to the small towns of Aberdeenshire.

In 1994, Ross County moved up the new 3rd Division along with the merged club of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, an uncomfortable marrying of two historic rivals, Inverness Thistle and Caledonian. Wick Academy were elected from the North Caledonian League to give the Highland League an even number of teams, though when Elgin City and Peterhead departed in 2000, only one new side, Junior outfit Inverurie Loco Works, could be recruited. The Highland League ran with 15 clubs for a few seasons, eventually expanding to 18 in 2009 with the introduction of three more teams from Junior football.

Competitions in FM11 competed for by clubs in Highland League

Highland League

Scottish Cup

Highland League Cup

Aberdeenshire Cup

Aberdeenshire Shield

North of Scotland Cup

Aberdeenshire & District League (under 21 teams)

Highland Youth League East/North (under 19 teams)

Additionally, Fort William’s reserve side play in the North Caledonian League and its many respective competitions.

East of Scotland Football League – a background

A league based around Edinburgh and the Scottish Borders, like the South of Scotland League it is mainly populated by clubs that could be considered rural. Some of Scotland’s most romantic-sounding football club names lurk within it, from such as Vale of Leithen and Gala Fairydean. Unlike the other senior non-leagues, it currently operates a two-divisional structure though this is a comparatively recent convention.

Competitions in FM11 competed for by clubs in the East of Scotland League

East of Scotland League Premier Division

East of Scotland League First Division

Scottish Cup

SFA Southern Region Challenge Cup

East League Cup

Image Printers East of Scotland Cup

King Cup

Alex Jack Cup (for clubs that do not traditionally take part in the Scottish Cup)

East of Scotland Youth League

South of Scotland League – background

League football in Scotland’s South West proved difficult to establish, mainly because it is a rural part of the country with few large settlements. Initially small local leagues were tried, though cup football took precedence up until after WW2. The establishment of the South of Scotland League in 1946 led to consistent league football in the South West for the first time in history, with Stranraer Reserves, St. Cuthbert Wanderers, Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers among the more dominant sides. The main cup competition in the region is the Southern Counties Challenge Cup (also known as the South Challenge Cup), though some of the members are also able to take part in the Scottish Cup. Competitions in FM11 competed for by clubs in South of Scotland League

South of Scotland League

Scottish Cup

SFA Southern Region Challenge Cup

South League Cup

Haig Gordon Memorial Trophy

Tweedie Cup

Potts Cup

Cree Lodge Cup

Southern Counties Challenge Cup

North Caledonian League – a background

The North Caledonian League is an amateur league based in the North of Scotland, and in the past it was known as the Highland Reserve League. The Scottish FA administer its discipline because of its connection to the Highland League. Clubs compete amongst themselves for a number of cup competitions.

Competitions in FM11 competed for by clubs in the North Caledonian League

North Caledonian League

Scottish Cup (Golspie only)

North of Scotland Cup (a few teams only)

SWL Cup

Port Services Cup

Football Times Cup

Jock McKay Cup

JUNIOR NON LEAGUE FOOTBALL

Scotland's curious football past has created a distorted and at times unhappy football landscape for present times, and who knows what the future holds. Currently the Scottish Junior FA (established in 1886) oversees football across large areas of the country, though there has been a recent drive to cut down both leagues and competitions. As of 2002, the 6 regions that had existed from 1968 were trimmed to 3.

West Region SJFA - a background

Teams from Glasgow, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Inverclyde, the Dunbartonshires, Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire all compete for honours in the West Region across 5 divisions. The region was formed when the Ayrshire and Central regions combined in 2002. In FM11, the winners and runners up of the West Premier League will qualify for the following season's Scottish Cup. It wasn't possible to run a realistic Scottish Cup without this concession.

Competitions in FM11 competed for by clubs in the West Region

West Region Premier Division

West Region First Division

Ayrshire District League

Central District Leagues Divisions 1 & 2

Scottish Junior Cup

West of Scotland Cup

Ayrshire Cup

Ayrshire Sectional Cup

Central League Cup

Central Sectional Cup

East Region SJFA - a background

Like the West Region, the East Region is a recently formed set-up, comprising the old East Region (Lothians), the old Fife Region and the old Tayside Region, now all known as South, Central and North respectively. With 64 members, it is the largest Junior region. In FM11, the winners and runners up of the East Super Division will qualify for the following season's Scottish Cup. It wasn't possible to run a realistic Scottish Cup without this concession.

Competitions in FM11 competed for by clubs in the East Region

East Region Super Division

East Region Premier Division

East Region South Division

East Region Central Division

East Region North Division

Scottish Junior Cup

North & Tayside Cup

Fife & Lothians Cup

Fife & Tayside Cup

East of Scotland Junior Cup

East Region Sectional Cup

Currie Cup (North clubs)

Maloco Cup (Central clubs)

MJM Brown Cup (South clubs)

North Region SJFA - a background

Considered the poor relation of Junior football (a view borne out of consistently poor performance in the Junior Cup), the North Region is the one part of the country that Junior football undoubtedly sits below the senior set-up, though Banks O'Dee have recorded big wins against Highland opposition in the Scottish Cup. In FM11, the winners and runners up of the North Premier League will qualify for the following season's Scottish Cup. It wasn't possible to run a realistic Scottish Cup without this concession.

Competitions in FM11 competed for by clubs in the North Region

North Region Premier Division

North Region First Division

North Region Second Division

Scottish Junior Cup

North Region Sectional Cup

North & Tayside Cup

North Regional Cup

Duthie Cup (Premier)

Morrison Trophy (1st Division)

Elginshire Cup (2nd Division)

The update also adds:

160+ genuine officials, set to referee in the correct part of the country (though this is not working properly

for the regional sub divisions)

All longitudes and latitudes doublechecked

All team colours updated

All crowd figures revised from original database

All pitch sizes & conditions added, in most cases accurately

A few of the Senior regional cups (Stirlingshire Cup, Fife Cup, Renfrewshire Cup)

An ongoing process of revising squad details with 500+ new players and staff.

FULL HONOURS for all leagues and cups - this is stuff not found online in many cases

ALL amateur youth 21s football competitions (80+ playable teams)

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE.zip

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know of this is a bug or problem with the edit - I have posted in the bug forum just in case.

My Scottish Cup semi final against Kilmarnock (I'm Hearts) is being played at Rugby Park not Hampden or any other neutral venue.

I'd have thought a bug as I haven't touched the Scottish Cup in my file.

Any fix for the Scottish Cup Bug?

Want to start up a career in the Highland League.

Thanks for all your work.

Yes, I now have a Scottish Cup that includes pretty much the right teams but the editor doesn't allow certain outcomes so I've had to do a wee bit of rejigging.

The 1st Round just now in FM has iirc 17 or 18 ties with the entrants a random slew of the members of SOS, EOS and Highland, as well as incorrect amateur and North Caley teams. I think the Highland champs get a bye, can't be 100% sure though. No Juniors enter anyway, I know that.

However, my update (021109) forces *all* the SFA Full Members to enter R1, as well as the 3 correct amateur teams plus Girvan. Junior League winners also qualify every year. However the editor doesn't allow setting of byes to work well - it ends up reversing it for some reason so if I have teams entering over 2 rounds from the same division, it is the higher places teams who start earlier! In order to get around that (as much as possible) I've eliminated non-league byes by raising the number of 1st Rd winners to 22 (to join the 10 Div 3 entrants). To do this, a random Highland non-member will enter, as will a random South and a random EOS non member. All Junior Super League runners up do likewise.

The biggest catch is the seeding thing for the 1st Division as it works in reverse (better teams come in in R3).

What about promotions from these leagues ????

We've had separate Junior and Senior football in Scotland since c1880 - my update maintains that for another 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30 whatever number of years!

Promotion works as it does in reality, well as much as the editor allows.

Ive put your file where you said but it doesnt show up ???? I put another option file i downloaded into football manager/data/db and put yours in there but it never showed up either ????

We've had separate Junior and Senior football in Scotland since c1880 - my update maintains that for another 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30 whatever number of years!

Promotion works as it does in reality, well as much as the editor allows.

Thanks for the effort. Will download tonight and give it a go.

Any logo packs out there? I noticed someone else did a Scottish "pyramid" fictional League with a logo pack, would that work with this?

Ive put your file where you said but it doesnt show up ???? I put another option file i downloaded into football manager/data/db and put yours in there but it never showed up either ????

What operating system are you using? And can you paste your exact path to the editor data folder please?

Ta :)

btw it definitely won't work if it's in the FM db folder, it has to be in the editor data folder in My Documents.

When i go to extract the files it says cannot complete the compressed (zipped) folders extraction wizard before i can access must change permissions for this compressed (zipped) folder.

Try deleting it then downloading it again guys, I've checked the original zip and the one on the server and can extract both with no issues.

Has anyone downloaded the most recent file (021109) successfully?

I was able to.

How come this is not a XML File? I cant get it to work

It's a zip file because the xml is 20mb.

You have to unzip it, remember where it unzipped to, then copy the unzipped xml file to

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

Then start a new game

seriously... god himself does not comapre to you after this!!!

cant wait to get my game up and running as my dad played junior football for 20 years, scottish cup winners medal, and runner up, multiple west of scotland cup medals :D:D

he currently coaches beith... guess who i'll be managing :)

Same link cel1234, I'm just changing the file inside the zip, the new file will have the date of creation in its name and you'll need to untick the box when loading a new game to ensure the right xml is used, ticking the new one instead (when you load a game it will detect 2 xml files)

I've updated the Scottish Non League file, same link.

A few hundred more staff have been added, misc transfers, and this is an ongoing process. Also, there is a new set of dates for the Renfrewshire Cup.

If you already have the file installed, this one has a different name (131109) so you'll need to make sure this one is ticked when starting a new game.

Just to remind people, this is as close to the reality of the Scottish non league system as FM's editor allows, though there have been one or two concessions to avoid ditching competitions altogether.

1. Did you add awards, for example: Player of the year(Highland League), Striker, Midfielder, Manager, Youth Player etc.?

2. Can I be promoted from Highland League to D3? Btw, what's the rules(in reality) for regional leagues? I don't know where I can find last update.

Good work, I'll definitely play it!

http://www.filefront.com/14846161/scotland.rar

Here's the logos, they'll work with any version/update/etc...

Can you make normal style logos? :)

I've updated the Scottish Non League file, same link.

A few hundred more staff have been added, misc transfers, and this is an ongoing process. Also, there is a new set of dates for the Renfrewshire Cup.

If you already have the file installed, this one has a different name (131109) so you'll need to make sure this one is ticked when starting a new game.

Just to remind people, this is as close to the reality of the Scottish non league system as FM's editor allows, though there have been one or two concessions to avoid ditching competitions altogether.

This one's name is 161109 ;)

1. Did you add awards, for example: Player of the year(Highland League), Striker, Midfielder, Manager, Youth Player etc.?

2. Can I be promoted from Highland League to D3? Btw, what's the rules(in reality) for regional leagues? I don't know where I can find last update.

Good work, I'll definitely play it!

This one's name is 161109 ;)

Yes, the file's been updated since, though it's only more players for Oakley United iirc, was a request from someone.

No awards yet, though - not sure if they even exist. West Region have a team of the month though.

Also, no promotion to Division 3 as this is an attempt to mirror the status quo. Promotion from a new Division 4 North/South is under discussion just now but it seems to be a non starter.

The latest file of mine will always be in the same place.

nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE.zip

There seems a small problem with your file... If your file used with J-League Player updates file (tested with or without open scottish leagues in the game and both has same result) Some scottish people (orginally they're players or non players I don't know but they appear as players) appearing in japanese league.. I'm tried Cyprus, England, Malta, Cameroon league files too (they're also include player update) and tested with other league files without player updates and they seem not having any clashes with japanese file but scottish non league file adding some Scottish players to japanese league and they're also in NT.

Actually I had 0611 file in this test and there were too many Scottish were in every team but now seems less but still is an issue. (Still They are in some teams as a majority) And These are seems not as regens/newgens seems as real players. Currenttly Now only 2 teams are effected in other teams seems not problem as I tested this file (If I wasn'T missed a player) but the 0611 file scottish players were everywhere in japan :D

As 1911 file

Antiers: Peter Kinney, Scott Love, Rodney Marshall, John Mc Inally, Danilo, John Mc Grossan (In Reserves Seems Loaned to others Graham McNeille and Morag Prie and also Cammy McKay

Montedio Yamagata: Gavin Duncan, Jim Burns, Graham Beaton, Kevin Graham, Leonardo, Ros Haswell, Des Roache, Jeff Banks, Stevie O'Brien, Neil Mc Lennan, Kim Byung-Suk(South Korean originally) ,Fagner

Antiers: Peter Kinney, Scott Love, Rodney Marshall, John Mc Inally, Danilo, John Mc Grossan (In Reserves Seems Loaned to others Graham McNeille and Morag Prie and also Cammy McKay

Montedio Yamagata: Gavin Duncan, Jim Burns, Graham Beaton, Kevin Graham, Leonardo, Ros Haswell, Des Roache, Jeff Banks, Stevie O'Brien, Neil Mc Lennan, Kim Byung-Suk(South Korean originally) ,Fagner

They are referees added to the database, obviously adding officials might be the reason why it only affects the Scottish file. Unfortunately 75% of the Scottish officials were deleted pre-game so I added them back in.

Are you planning to add Amateur Leagues in any update in the future?

Possibly, but not definitely. It is something I have given thought to. The main issue is quality of research for clubs. Junior and non-league I know backwards, sideways and forwards, a wee bit less so with the amateur game.

They are referees added to the database, obviously adding officials might be the reason why it only affects the Scottish file. Unfortunately 75% of the Scottish officials were deleted pre-game so I added them back in.

I've loaded your file and noticed that all teams in holland have dozens of scottisch players in their reserve teams.

Probably the referees, but is there a way to take them all out?

I've loaded your file and noticed that all teams in holland have dozens of scottisch players in their reserve teams.

deleting them is the best way I can suggest, I have flagged this up as a bug

if you can check any names, you can confirm if they are officials against the list below.

Also, are you ticking the box to add all key staff? This will ensure that all teams short of players get filled with newgens at game creation. It may or may not stop the game pilfering Scottish refs to do so.

Greg Aitken

Stephen Allan

Euan Anderson

Frankie Connor

Barry Cook

Iain Craig

Steven George

Kevin Graham

Ross Haswell

Alastair Mather

Neil McLennan

Alan Mulvanny

Derek Nicholls

Stevie O’Brien

Paul Reid

Des Roache

Don Robertson

Paul Robertson

Mark Ainslie

Jeff Banks

Michael Banks

Graham Beaton

Bryan Braidwood

Terry Brunton

Jim Burns

Roddy Cobb

David Cockburn

Steven Crichton

Andrew Dallas

Robert Docherty

Colin Duncan

Gavin Duncan

Graham Fraser

Alan Frew

Richard Gough

Kevin J. Graham

Ross Hamill

Gavin Harris

Jason Hasson

Stuart Hodge

Alan Hogg

Michal Jasinski

Alistair Kerr

Martin Kerrigan

Peter Kinney

Gary Kirkwood

Graeme Leslie

Scott Love

Stuart MacMillan

Rodney Marshall

Martin McCarthy

John McCrossan

Steven McFaulds

David McGeachie

Mark McHendry

John McInally

Cammy McKay

David McKenzie

Michael McNab

Graham McNeillie

Alan Newlands

Morag Pirie

Caryl Potten

Douglas Potter

Steven Reid

Alasdair Ross

Doug Ross

Gavin Ross

Thomas Shaw

Craig Sim

Colin Steven

Stuart Stevenson

Graeme Stewart

Brian Templeton

Paul Wedlock

Raymond Whyte

Michael Wilson

William Barlow

James Campbell

Jim Carberry

Sean Carr

Lorraine Clark

William Cowie

Kevin Coyle

Derek Crothers

Alan Daubney

Graham Elder

William Ferguson

Daniel Forbes

Ralph Gordon

David Guyan

Gerry Hannah

Andrew Havlin

Grant Irvine

Stephen Kane

Steven Kirkland

Joseph Lawson

William MacKenzie

Simon MacLean

Colin McAlpine

Paul McAvinue

Martin McGuinness

Ross McIntyre

Mark McLean

David Munro

Craig Napier

Mark O’Hara

Jamie Paterson

Kersten Schroeder

Allan Spalding

Calum Spence

Derek Stocks

Ronnie Strain

Michael Taylor

Gavin Thomson

Craig Veitch

Chris Wake

Nick Walsh

Howard Wilkin

Craig Winning

Alistair Aitken

Kevin Anderson

William Anderson

Ramzan Bashir

Kenny Beats

John Bicknell

Chris Brawls

Gavin Bruce

Raymond Buchan

Ian Cargill

Stuart Clingan

Billy Cooper

Mark Dalton

Derek Davidson

Gavin Dearie

Willie Dishington

Mark Doyle

Kevin Fernie

Michael Gill

Bob Gunn

Paul Hanlon

Kevin Henderson

Scott Jamieson

Graham John

George MacDonald

Gordon MacVicar

Gianluca Marini

Keith Maskell

Scott McComish

James McCunnie

Mike McIlvenny

Scott McKenzie

John Nicolson

Declan Reid

Richard Riddoch

Andrew Rooney

Colin Saunders

Michael Scott

Paul Simmons

Colin Stitt

Rab Thomson

Norma Watt

John 'Jock' Weir

Rod Williamson

There may be or two others.

Just ran a test myself (all Scottish league selected and top 2 in Holland) and this problem does not occur. I do

have 'load all key staff' ticked which as I said ensures that newgens fill up clubs that don't have enough players.

Archived