Scottish Football - the Real McCoy

cmontheloknow

Downloaded this yesterday really enjoying it at the mo but i would like to know as jamie says can we go up to the 3rd div.You wont go to div 3 with them anyway m8 lol mon the talbot :p

Lol :p, Well if this patch allows promotion to the 3rd division from the lower leagues, I'm gonna start a career and keep you posted on the career section of the forum :)

Would be good to get a network game going with you on this one mate haha, The old Medda would show yeez up :cool: lol :D

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a look and the answer is there is no promotion into the 3rd. Now to the question, is there any way (using the editor) that the winner of NORTH, EAST, SOUTH & WEST leagues can go into like a playoff, for a position in 3rd division, or is this impossible? If this is impossible, is there any way atall to even make promotion available to the 3rd from the WEST, because it's Irvine Meadow I'd like to lead all the way up from the bottom. Thanks, Jamie :D

Ah noooo i was hopin to get the talbot up a division or 2 :p after playing 12 games am top with the meadow sittin 7th anyway if it cant be done i will still be playing this database for a long time to come :)

Unfortunately the way leagues are set up in the editor, it's not possible to add promotion to the third division from more than one league. Well it can be done but it would involve setting West Premier, East Premier and Highland (for example) as one big division split into 3 (this is how the fantasy Scottish database does it), and repeating that down the levels. The existing leagues and cups don't work with that format. Hopefully FM11 will work with this file (I'm told it will, and will continue to expand the file on that basis) and hopefully promotion into leagues can be set from more than one unique division. Right now promotion is added a bit like a chain:

League 1 -> League 2 -> League 3 etc.

Nice 1 m8 good to hear you will continue doing this as am lovin it .Playing against the teams i played in real life makes the game more real for me great work :)

gonna update for 10.3?

will say again, great work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep,

the link is the same:

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE.zip

for best results, load a custom database, loading all Scottish staff, and both add key staff and fill squads options.

The file contains the usual level of depth and detail and REALISM. As little fantasy in this as the editor makes possible.

Tested to 2017 yesterday, have made a few changes since - any major issues just shout!

Jeez mate, excellent piece of work here. Well done.

Sounds wierd but I feel like I can't get into FM11 just don't seem that excited about starting a new league but this has given me a boost hahaha.

Thanks alot for all your efforts mate ;)

All competitions are real Marco. The real Scottish system is pretty complicated - as my file shows! lol

All of the leagues that are known by the Scottish FA as 'Non Recreational' are included. I'll expand it to include the 'Recreational' leagues when I get a few minutes or 100...

Any help for dummies as to how to install this?

Using steam version, and cannot find the installation area.

I don't use steam s can't say for sure but do you not have:

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > editor data

if so, then there

if not, please say

It's a Scottish file, those divisions are English.

Yea I know, sorry probably didn't make myself clear.

It's just that this obviously has teams from 2 divisions being promoted into 1.

So I was wondering if the Blue Square North/South are one big division split into 2 (think you said something about this above affecting cup competitions if it was to be done this way).

Cheers.

Yea I know, sorry probably didn't make myself clear.

It's just that this obviously has teams from 2 divisions being promoted into 1.

So I was wondering if the Blue Square North/South are one big division split into 2 (think you said something about this above affecting cup competitions if it was to be done this way).

Cheers.

Ok I see what you mean (I think). I'm not sure how BSN/S works to be honest. They're leagues that come 'hard coded'. If I wanted to recreate them I'd have to do it the way I've done the West Super League and East Super League set ups. The system I can apply for FM11 is much improved on FM10.

For McCoy.

I'm just trying to start a new game with your Scottish Football. On Mac ... i'm not able to do it. When i start to Setting up the database FM Crash. I try with and without your file and i can finally say that don't work on my FM.

Could you help Me?

Marco

Crashed for me as well on Vista, tried to load down to the lowest level.

Ok I see what you mean (I think). I'm not sure how BSN/S works to be honest. They're leagues that come 'hard coded'. If I wanted to recreate them I'd have to do it the way I've done the West Super League and East Super League set ups.

I see, didn't realise there was such a thing as hard coded leagues.

The system I can apply for FM11 is much improved on FM10.

Does this mean you'll be making further updates for FM11?

What you've done is great as is. Would be good to have a pseudo-reality setup by having promotions to further up the ladder though and everything else left the same.

Cheers.

I see, didn't realise there was such a thing as hard coded leagues.

Does this mean you'll be making further updates for FM11?

What you've done is great as is. Would be good to have a pseudo-reality setup by having promotions to further up the ladder though and everything else left the same.

Cheers.

Yes there will be further updates.

And yes you can do what you suggest, you'd have to put each league in sub divisions though.

Should add, with my latest test (which adds 4 additional leagues) I did not get ANY league games generated in season two. So that's a problem that *may* exist with the file online...

yes seems to have a problem with that, have simulated to 2020 and only 1st season had league fixtures.

• 2 weeks later...

Too much to mention to be honest, but I'm currently tidying up squads etc starting at top down, things that time just ran out on during research. Also, for realism, all teams now are set to a city that has a maternity, for more accurate places of birth (every player from Ayrshire has been born in Irvine for a good few decades for example, and Bellshill until 2000 served Lanarkshire it's now Wishaw I think but that wouldn't show in game for a good few years yet).

I've also re-added the three Youth 21s associations and cups which is great fun (IMO).

http://www.lanarkshireyouthfa.co.uk/Divisions

http://www.seryfa-online.info/

http://www.west-of-scotland-21s-football-league.co.uk/

Next is to add in 19s competitions.

I also have added in the Scottish FA Youth Cup.

An awful lot of work in progress, lots of leagues, and many, many cups.

i'm the only one with problem with it if i use with other database?

I have the new Uncle RON + Welsh 5 tier (Cadijk)

Not sure Marco, I haven't used it with any others. However, I did so much work for FM10 I wasn't prepared to start again so it's a converted FM10 file.

Archived