Scottish Football - the Real McCoy

cmontheloknow

I have updated the file, same location per the first post.

This update sees that all Junior East / West superleague sides have full squads.

However, I need people to test this. For me it crashes in July with the patch but will continue thereafter with no issues. It may be memory related after the initial game creation, and my own PC has memory issues anyway.

I have tested it with the latest beta and it does not crash at all.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good stuff min.

Are these player files incorporatable into other xml files or would you need to load this whole file?

Just wondering if i can use the data in my pyramid thingmy.

Not sure how easily incorporated they are to be honest, but if using any data, please credit me fully in any release.

Just wondered how it would work with me having these Junior teams in fantasy leagues and you having them in the real thing........??

save an editor data file without any edit and merge with the this file... It will not get league rules but only database changes. For players/staff/clubs etc...

I extracted japanese players from japanese league file with this method so I could use it with another japanese league file...

• 4 weeks later...
Did you have trouble setting up the reserve leagues? I can't seem to manage to get all the teams in a reserve league as there are only 2 in my edited database.

I ensured that every team I wanted to play Reserve football had a specific reserve team added. What I also did was ensure the game would not generate a reserve team for the generic reserve leagues (tick or untick the box, whatever way round it was).

I ensured that every team I wanted to play Reserve football had a specific reserve team added. What I also did was ensure the game would not generate a reserve team for the generic reserve leagues (tick or untick the box, whatever way round it was).

Cheers mate. Realised most Junior, Highland League and North Caledonian teams were not unticked.

cmontheloknow: ran into an issue with estimated value in your update. A few clubs from the Lanarkshire U21 leagues seem to have inflated estimated values. Larkhall United BC valued at 13.25m euros, Cambusnethan Miners Ams valued at 11m, Cumbernauld Colts valued at 3.8m, and East End Rovers valued at 1.6m.

cmontheloknow: ran into an issue with estimated value in your update. A few clubs from the Lanarkshire U21 leagues seem to have inflated estimated values. Larkhall United BC valued at 13.25m euros, Cambusnethan Miners Ams valued at 11m, Cumbernauld Colts valued at 3.8m, and East End Rovers valued at 1.6m.

Cheers BJuarez, the most likely reason is they have no finances set yet. With no finances set, then things like that happen. Do they have proper grounds in the version you're using?

Cheers BJuarez, the most likely reason is they have no finances set yet. With no finances set, then things like that happen. Do they have proper grounds in the version you're using?

Ahh. That explains that, then. They don't have proper grounds (or kit colors) set in the version I'm using, no.

Ahh. That explains that, then. They don't have proper grounds (or kit colors) set in the version I'm using, no.

Ok, I hope you'll notice a difference when the new file pops up, I've somehow managed to get correct ground and kit colours for the Lanarkshire 21s.

Should be an updated file today.

And if anyone wants to help with this project, I will accept xml files of player lists.

What I'd ask is this:

1. Open up the editor with 10.2 database (but don't load an existing xml please!)

2. Add the players you wish to add for as many teams as you like, squads listings here http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/

3. Save the file, any name will do

4. Email me on jgw1977 at btinternet dot com

I will then merge the data with mine for the next update.

If you have changes for Highland League please email me them but not in xml form. Any other leagues are fair game.

Ok, I hope you'll notice a difference when the new file pops up, I've somehow managed to get correct ground and kit colours for the Lanarkshire 21s.

Should be an updated file today.

Looking forward to the updated file.

Your file don't load up says to many teams in an u21 league ???

You'll need to check the answer is yes to a few things:

1. Are you running 10.2?

2. Are you loading the 10.2 database?

3. Is it just the Scottish xml file loaded? (this may or may not be a problem)

4. Are you running a medium or custom database?

5. Have you selected every league?

As far as I understand, if the selected database is 'small' then not all clubs get loaded up which might cause the problem you mention (though I can't replicate this issue...??).

Another issue can be caused by editing any of my files from 2009 with the 10.2 editor. This will remove teams from a large number of leagues and will therefore crash the game. The only file that will work with the 10.2 editor is the most recently uploaded one.

Edit: I have tried various combinations of the above (except using another country's xml too) and cannot get my game to crash on loading.

Are you also making sure that only one Scottish xml is ticked? i.e. for example 100110 OR 030110 as opposed to both?

Looking forward to the updated file.

Slightly belated but the new file is up, same location.

Main changes:

All U21 teams now have colours set and home ground.

A huge number of Scottish Amateur FA sides added to database, though no leagues or cups are active just now.

The addition of the SAFA sides has meant a few U21 teams are now linked to them, but until the SAFA leagues are activated these teams no longer have real players (as was the case with Glasgow University U21 before).

More players added - Nairn County and Rothes the latest

No i rnt runnig 10.2 mate thanks how do i update that as i tried downloading patch but it wouldnt work ??

What wouldn't work cel1234?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=176713

You need to choose the correct version, if you bought a boxed PC version then download that one etc. Once it's downloaded, doubleclick the file and it will automatically update.

Done it mate gona try it now its excellent Birch and Carmichael arent at Gretna have you done any transfers ???

Haven't looked at any EOS 1st Div clubs really, have prioritised top flight Junior sides, now working on Highland league. Next is EOS prem. The Gretna squad will definitely not be right. But as I've said in the thread, I'll add anything sent to me, and I'll also do requests. So if you're keen to take on Gretna 2008 I can get them sorted.

PM's fine, I've seen the website and for some reason it seems to be listing players from last season as well as this?

The stats page suggests this is the current squad?

Birch, Mark

Carmichael, Dan

Clarke, Tom

Cumersky, Ian

Donat, Jonathan

Errington, Ryan

Ferrie, Chris

Graves, Chris

Hall, Martyn

James, Kelvin

Jardine, John

Jeffery, Daniel

Johnston, Callum

Johnston, Ross

McMath, Adam

Milligan, Shaun

Mitchell, Alex

Murphy, Carl

Nicholson, Tony

Nugent, David

Pearson, David

Rea, Dean

Renyard, David

Richardson, Josh

Roberts, Aaron

Rudd, Steven

Ruddick, Simon

Seggie, David

Trestianu, Andrew

Whyte, Nikki

Wood, Curtis

Woolnough, Scott

Great database. Thanks for doing this. What are your plans for the amateur teams? Are you going to make the amateur leagues and cup playable or leave it as it is? Thinking of starting a long-term game with this database but might wait if you're adding more to it.

Great database. Thanks for doing this. What are your plans for the amateur teams? Are you going to make the amateur leagues and cup playable or leave it as it is? Thinking of starting a long-term game with this database but might wait if you're adding more to it.

Yep more is being added all the time pretty much, if anyone wants a particular amateur league set-up activated please ask. The issue is that more leagues may begin to kill the playability, I won't know until I check it.

Amateurwise, I'd envisage a 'last 256' Scottish Amateur Cup being functional plus a few leagues and their cups. I really want to get hold of all correct basic colours and home pitches, something I'm doing here

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/region/ams/scottishamateurfootball.htm

So if anyone reading can help with the gaps that'd speed things along a bit

Yep more is being added all the time pretty much, if anyone wants a particular amateur league set-up activated please ask. The issue is that more leagues may begin to kill the playability, I won't know until I check it.

Out of interest, why do you think that? My structure has 1088 teams in 10 tiers and I don't see any downside in that respect.

Out of interest, why do you think that? My structure has 1088 teams in 10 tiers and I don't see any downside in that respect.

I'm sure I read SI saying something about 40 active leagues and above being a potential memory issue.

Anyway, new update up that should have almost all Highland players added (done up to Turriff and Wick is next if I've not already done them, can't remember).

Amateurwise, I'd envisage a 'last 256' Scottish Amateur Cup being functional plus a few leagues and their cups. I really want to get hold of all correct basic colours and home pitches, something I'm doing here

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/region/ams/scottishamateurfootball.htm

So if anyone reading can help with the gaps that'd speed things along a bit

I don't know much about the amateur leagues but I'd start with the Caledonian AFL, Scottish AFL and the Central Scottish AFL. They seem to have more of the stronger teams although mainly from the west. They also have the Argyll and Bute teams and others like Links Utd. Maybe also the Kingdom Caledonian league so that Burntisland Shipyard are playable. It would be great to be able to play a game with all the Saturday amateur leagues but that would require a lot of work I'm sure since there are hundreds of teams.

In the past couple of months I've looked into the possibilty of adding the amateur leagues to the database and having a pyramid system including seniors, juniors and amateurs but it would have taken a long time and it's a lot harder to find info on the amateurs. If I can help you in anyway with the details for the amateurs then let me know. I've looked on the amateur websites for club details in the past.

I don't know much about the amateur leagues but I'd start with the Caledonian AFL, Scottish AFL and the Central Scottish AFL. They seem to have more of the stronger teams although mainly from the west. They also have the Argyll and Bute teams and others like Links Utd. Maybe also the Kingdom Caledonian league so that Burntisland Shipyard are playable. It would be great to be able to play a game with all the Saturday amateur leagues but that would require a lot of work I'm sure since there are hundreds of teams.

In the past couple of months I've looked into the possibilty of adding the amateur leagues to the database and having a pyramid system including seniors, juniors and amateurs but it would have taken a long time and it's a lot harder to find info on the amateurs. If I can help you in anyway with the details for the amateurs then let me know. I've looked on the amateur websites for club details in the past.

Yeah those are the leagues I'll be prioritising, and Kingdom Caley too for the reason you suggest. The way I see it, I'll have all Saturday amateurs in database to allow the Scottish Amateur Cup to run, with a few active leagues such as those.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi first time poster here so bear with me!..

Ive set up the scottish databse as you have it linked here. I now have one question. IIs it not possoble to progress throught he junior divisions to the scottish leagues, ie...the pyramid system irl.

I see that when the game is loaded up there are no relegations from the scottish league 3, and consequently no promotioms from either one of the junior premiers. If it is not in this one are there any databses developed out there that would allow me to do this?

I really wanna take my local junior side all the way to the SPL!!!

Hi first time poster here so bear with me!..

Ive set up the scottish databse as you have it linked here. I now have one question. IIs it not possoble to progress throught he junior divisions to the scottish leagues, ie...the pyramid system irl.

I see that when the game is loaded up there are no relegations from the scottish league 3, and consequently no promotioms from either one of the junior premiers. If it is not in this one are there any databses developed out there that would allow me to do this?

I really wanna take my local junior side all the way to the SPL!!!

Hi thejambo,

my file reflects Scottish football in 2010. There is no pyramid system in place in Scotland, so the file I have created reflects football in Scotland right now, with separate wee worlds for SPL & SFL, the 3 non-league senior set-ups, the Juniors and the Juveniles at U21 level.

Hopefully FM11 will allow a set-up such as mine to have promotion to the SFL easily added (it is being discussed in real life), as it is though, it is not possible to do that easily because of the technical difficulties of linking divisions together for promotion and relegation.

There is a fantasy Scottish file floating around though which has taken all of the clubs and mixed them all up into fake leagues that will allow you to take a team from the bottom to top, but it's a case of either or just now I'm afraid.

Anyway, a wee update which contains Dunbar United's full squad is now up.

cmontheloknow - Is there a great presence of English born players in the Junior leagues? Reason asking , a few seasons in and I am seeing a english invasion into the ranks...Not a big deal but when 1/2 - 3/4 of clubs have non scottish players it is a little annoying.

I am running with Superblades English mod, maybe that is the reason?

• 3 weeks later...
cmontheloknow - Is there a great presence of English born players in the Junior leagues? Reason asking , a few seasons in and I am seeing a english invasion into the ranks...Not a big deal but when 1/2 - 3/4 of clubs have non scottish players it is a little annoying.

I am running with Superblades English mod, maybe that is the reason?

That's likely to be the reason, lots of clubs wanting players.

Ok, latest update (010310) has full (or close to) squads for:

West Super Premier

West Super First

East Super

East Premier (wip)

East of Scot Premier

East of Scot 1st

Highland

Also ongoing addition of Amateur clubs for future addition of amateur comps

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I was looking to start a career with this, what are the biggest known errors in this? Also if I was to go Irvine Meadow in the Junior leagues, is it possible to take them up to 3rd div, 2nd div, 1st div then SPL? reason I ask is because I would like to play a career with this amazing addon you have provided for us. Thanks, Jamie :D

Archived