Will There Be a Patch To Fix Un-responsiveness?

Just wondering (More hoping really) if there will be some sort of patch to fix the horrendous lack of response from FM09? The worst time for this is when I'm playing a game (With just commentary), I click on 'Tactics' and the game will say 'Setting up Match' and won't respond for about 30 seconds. When click on the game to try and wake it up the whole screen goes white until the game starts responding again.

Other times it will do this when it feels like it. Clicking on 'Job Security' makes the game stop responding for some reason but doesn't say 'Not Responding' or makes the screen white, it's just slow to show me the results.

I just had the slowness by clicking on 'Team Selection', it hadn't done this before but it just did this and wasn't responding for the 30 seconds with the white screen after clicking it.

I know this problem has probably be mentioned before but couldn't find a thread for it, probably using wrong keywords, anyway will anything be done to fix this? It really does frustrate me when I'm trying to play the game but keep having to sit here and watch the screen as the game tries to process.

As others have said, this is more than likely down to your PC in some way.

I'm using a 4 year old single core PC and I haven't noticed a problem with responsiveness, in fact it's improved a lot since patch 9.2.0.

What spec is your PC and how many leagues do you run?

Why the hell do they have to make this game so serious tho?

People with lower spec PCs now can't play the game as well as they should be able to because they've made the game too serious.

The thing that annoys me most is having to 'activate' the game. What a waste of time!! It's a bloody GAME for God's sake, not a piece of military intelligence. Do me a favour and stop taking yourselves so seriously SI!!

If you're really struggling with that kind of responsiveness, and your PC is better than minimum spec, it suggests that there's a problem on the machine - it's certainly not normal.

Are you running Windows Search, or a Virus Checker, or something that would hammer the processor or the hard drive?

Robilaz - I don't think SI are going to stop taking their living lightly - it'd probably be worth trying to understand the issues you're complaining about rather than ranting about them, off topic, in someone elses thread?

A few more thoughts - are you running the latest patch? And have you tried unticking the "threading" option in the preferences screen?

I can play games such as GTA4, far cry 2, etc with no glitches.

I love this reasoning from people.

These games are nowhere near as CPU intensive as FM09, the graphics card is doing most of the work it's doing very little calculating.

If it's unresponsive it's likely to be where you're flicking between it and trying to multi-task at the same time (browsing/chatting/downloading/listening to music etc.)

I love this reasoning from people.

These games are nowhere near as CPU intensive as FM09, the graphics card is doing most of the work it's doing very little calculating.

If it's unresponsive it's likely to be where you're flicking between it and trying to multi-task at the same time (browsing/chatting/downloading/listening to music etc.)

Well not being a computer expert I don't know these things so isn't that a bit big headed to say you love that reasoning from people? I appreciate your info but comments like this is very unnecessary.

This un-responsiveness happens when i'm solely running the game.

I think he is right about the Job Security part tho. If you select a reasonable number of leagues it takes quite a while to load the list... When Im unemployed it certainly is a pain :|

And tbh Im using a Quad Core so I dont really have a problem with the rest but really I still think this game could be better optimized because the way the game works now its kinda hard to have a career in a lot of different countries even in good PCs... People with weaker dual core cpus or worse have a worse experience than the others.

My only problem with my Quad Core (besides the Job Security) is that on long term the DB is gonna be huge... The regens keep spawning everywhere... I have like 8-10 new regens for every guy that retires...

I'm not using more than 1 league or having any leagues running in background. I do use large database.

The other strange thing is, when I do the tactics thing and it says setting up match screen, I can come out of the tactics screen and go back to the game, if I then go back into the tactics screen it will do it immediately, why?

This also counts for halves. If I do this in the first half, it will still do the detting up match screen delay in the 2nd half. confusing!

Q6700 2.67GHz

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

GeForce GTX 260 896MB

This machine was brand new when i got the game. UI was very very unresponsive. Much better after 9.2.0 but still unresponsive.

I've written about it several times, but nobody has given me an answer that works yet. I think i will wait until 9.3.0 comes to see if things improve a bit.

Can someone tell me what the threading option is and how to tick/untick?

means that the game will use more than just the one CPU when processing (if you have dual/quad core).

It is in the preferences somehwere and i think is called 'enable threading'

I have this problem on my laptop too but somehow improved the situation by using an external display..

It's a bit inconvenient but still much better then clicking on a button and getting no response back.

UI is really unresponsive when I use my laptop display.

When I check "task manager" I see that cpu usage is around at least 40 -50 % even when there are no games running in the background.

When I move the gane window to the external display; Cpu usage drops down to 0-5 % and the game runs more smoothly.

I'm wondering if football manager is optimized for non wide-screen displays and 75 Hertz refresh rate.

Does FM maybe spend extra cpu cycles if the game is run on wide screen machines with 60 Hertz refresh rate?

On the subject of "unresponsiveness", does anyone have the problem where you can click on something, a button ("Submit Team" for example) nothing happens. You can click again, nothing happens. Again... nothing happens. I find sometimes having to repeatedly click my mouse like mad to get it to do what i want. Of course that's not all the time but it's still very irritating.

Archived