How to Fix Scrambled Names?

I know this is probably something really basic, but bear with me...

I've just started my first LLM game as Maidenhead, but I've noticed that most of the names in the game have become scrambled, for some reason. So, Emmanuel Adebayor at Arsenal has become "Safiou Erassa", Bakary Sagna is now "Bakary Bossu", and they're all managed by "Benoit Gondry" who is assisted by "Pat McKenna"... However, certain other people (e.g. Manuel Almunia and Kolo Toure) have their original names. Quite perplexing and annoying!

I'm patched to 9.2.0 on a Mac (10.5.6). Small database with a bunch of DDT retain files. All default new game settings (i.e. "Use Real Players" was selected).

Any idea what's going on?

First time i've seen this. Perhas Matt at Sega can offer an opinion on licensing?

I'd have thought it all the same for any country on the basis you can download from Steam. Licensing issues tend to affect all games e.g. german national team

I know this is probably something really basic, but bear with me...

I've just started my first LLM game as Maidenhead, but I've noticed that most of the names in the game have become scrambled, for some reason. So, Emmanuel Adebayor at Arsenal has become "Safiou Erassa", Bakary Sagna is now "Bakary Bossu", and they're all managed by "Benoit Gondry" who is assisted by "Pat McKenna"... However, certain other people (e.g. Manuel Almunia and Kolo Toure) have their original names. Quite perplexing and annoying!

I'm patched to 9.2.0 on a Mac (10.5.6). Small database with a bunch of DDT retain files. All default new game settings (i.e. "Use Real Players" was selected).

Any idea what's going on?

aha - could he have not selected to use real player names????

he said he had. Sounds like some random licensing issue a la Pro Evo

The strange thing is that I've started new games on 9.0 and 9.1 without this problem. Granted, I also selected a large database and ran the EPL as the only active league, but I didn't think those could have caused the name-scrambling so I posted here to see if there were any obvious things I missed.

I also initially took the issue to be licensing-related, but surely managers (i.e. Arsene Wenger) would be exempt from this? It's not just teams in the EPL or higher leagues either -- most of my Maidenhead players have their names scrambled too.

It's easy enough to troubleshoot this (e.g. by starting another new game using the same settings as I'd done on 9.0 and 9.1) but it takes so long to create new games that I thought it'd save time to see if anyone here had any suggestions/answers.

How odd again! I just started another new game as Maidenhead, same settings as before - and voila! - the names are correct. Not quite sure what happened before. Did I unwittingly uncheck "use real players" by mistake? If so, why were some of the players' names correct, and not others? Also, stats and positions were correct, just not names.

Anyway, disregard this thread! :rolleyes:

That has to be one of the weirdest bugs I've ever seen mentioned here.

My first thought was that it sounded like a trigger in the DRM had for some reason by mistake decided that you were using an illegal copy, and had started messing with your game. However if that was the case, then there would probably be threads from various pirates experiencing the same, and I haven't seen any of those. Weird.

I had this in my previous save - Glenn Hoddle became Stewart Hoddle, Les Ferdinand became Mathew Ferdinand & Frank Rijkaard had become (I think it was) Hugh Rijkaard - there were probably more, but they were the only ones that I actually saw.

I double checked that the "Use Real Players" was checked, and started a new save, and all the names had reverted to normal. As I was only a few weeks into the "bugged" save I continued with the new one and oversaved the old one - but yeh it was a little strange!

I am currently using patch 9.2 without any edited updates.

This happened to be once on 07 when I delibarately unticked "use real players". My Reading side were full of players with a maximum of one name changed (DR George Murty, AML Bobby Johnson) with the exception of Seol, who was called "Pandi".

Archived