interest ripping apart my team!

I hate how the system is on FM09 for transfers. currently, 5 of my best squad players are either "unsettled" "flattered by interest" or "feeling they have achieved all they can". I am just wondering, is there any solution for this, and why does it happen? Generally, my entire team is acting just like berbatov!

I'd warn or fine them right after they start talking to the media about a move. You should try to sell the repeat offenders though, my star player (Modric) was only unsettled for what seemed like a week or two and everything went dandy.

Maybe giving a player captaincy or vice-captaincy helps?

captincy/vice-captincy helps, new contracts do as well. not sure about fining a player that could backfire in a big way. also depends on the personality of the player my guess all these players are ambitious and your team just ain't doing the business for them. nothing much you can do if players want to leave just make sure your new signings ain't the ambitious type. on a more personal note i think the transfer system on fm is a lot more realistic even if it does work against you sometimes.

I hate how the system is on FM09 for transfers. currently, 5 of my best squad players are either "unsettled" "flattered by interest" or "feeling they have achieved all they can". I am just wondering, is there any solution for this, and why does it happen? Generally, my entire team is acting just like berbatov!

It's a good system, quite true to life. If a player at a small club knows a bigger club is interested then he bound to start thinking about how a move would benefit their career.

Often the player will settle down again if the clubs lose interest or if you start to do better in the league, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Or just offer them a new contract...

Dos santos got in a hissy fit for me when Spurs wanted him (im rangers)... so i told them to take a long walk off a short pier, then offered him a new contract.

Wham 3 days later hes as happy as punch.

Sold him a month later to barca for twice the money Spurs offered. he he he.

• 1 month later...

Well with 9.3.0, Ronaldo is flattered by interest from just about anyone that wants to talk about him!

Can't really say it's a bug! :D

Actually, does that actually indicate he want a better contract? A transfer? Or just that he's a disloyal %$@! (good player tho!)

I dislike the way club reputation doesn't increase and decrease as rapidly as it does in real life.

My Newcastle side have not yet won the league in 2013, but I have finished 4th, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd in the past few season, which for me should be enough to make us a biggish club "on the up". Van der Vaart was "unsettled" and wanted "to be be transfer listed" for two years, refusing to sign for Arsenal, Barcelona and AC Milan (among others) because he was soooo happy playing for me. Yet he wanted to leave the club.

Who did he go to? Aston Villa, on a free, for less than I was offering and a lot less than others were offering. If he went to Man U or Liverpool I could understand, but not Villa - outside of Uefa, never close to breaking into the top 4.

Which is a shame, really, because otherwise i think the game is excellent.

As for the OP's experience, it will depend on the club, its reputation, and which clubs are interested. You can win the Premier League and CL five years in a row with MK Dons, but if floundering Man U come in with an offer the players are too happy to leave - or sulk if you won't let them.

well, to be honest I don't care of my players are unhappy at not being allowed to move.

It's the same each and every transfer period...

- They bid for my star striker and he wants away

- They bid for my left back and he wants away

- They bid for my right back and he wants away

- they bid for my best three central defenders an they want away

- my star centre mid - wants away.

- My (now backup) right mid and he wants away

- my left mid (who's now right mid as I've got a very good regen on the left through the ranks) also wants away.

That leaves only 3 players of my first eleven that do not want away

- my second CB

- my second striker

- the regen who's now first choice left mid, but I guess it won't be long.

Still, I'm second in the Prem, on the way to the Chamions League quarter finals and doing well. So why should I care if a player who still has 3 or 4 years left on his contract wants away?

The only fear I got is that my board will accept an offer for one of the 4 players (striker, left back, centre mid and right back) that will be very hard to replace. However, since I've 130m€ in the bank and still close to 50 m€ transfer budget left it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

I do agree that this is becoming ridiculous at times though.. I've won the UEFA cup 2 seasons back, finished 4th in the league twice and currently lie in second place in he league. I've reached the Champions league quarter finals last season and am in the 1st knockout round this year. I've won the league cup two years back, and reached the final last season. This season was was kicked out by Man City in the semis. FA Cup isn't worth mentioning, I always get tough opposition away from home early in the tournament.

I can understand that it's only my 4th season in the Prem (playing as Ipswich) but I've finished way above Liverpool twice now an still if they come in with a bid my players want away.

My club reputation? 7770, I've checked it with FMRTE, so it raised quite a bit.However, I feel it should be harder for other teams to unsettle my players, especially when we've done better than them in recent years.

i hate how the game is slightly biased against you. a certain DM at milan, if you're playing as milan, the first hint of interest (eg real madrid) and hes unsettled, if you're real and try to do the same? nothing,

same thing for another MC at napoli..

If their slightly concerned about it, I don't do anything but if they get in a hissy fit and their form is affected I'll sell the barstewards. At least if there is a lot of demand for them, you'll be able to up the asking price a bit. I've never found any player on FM to be truly irreplacable, there's obviously players that you don't want to sell but it's a fact of life that eventually you may have to. I sometimes buy players banking on that eventuality (for a £5m player, offer £1 million and £10 million after 50 games), with a view to having them get me promotion and sell for a profit.

Its so annoying when your doing really well then a couple big clubs state their interest in your best players and they go to rubbish and want to be transfer listed. Therefore leaves me to dump them in the reserves. However i wish there was an option to realise a press statement saying that you will not accept any bids for players during the transfer window.

would be nice to to tell the pree how much you want for the player, rather than them guess.

i hate how the game is slightly biased against you. a certain DM at milan, if you're playing as milan, the first hint of interest (eg real madrid) and hes unsettled, if you're real and try to do the same? nothing,

same thing for another MC at napoli..

Pirlo is unsettled and always seeks a new challenge it seems, same with Hamsik.

Archived