Professional Fouls

How often do you see players sent off for professional fouls in your game? I'm in the third season and don't think I've seen it once. However, the amount of times my striker will go clean through and get hacked on the edge of the box only for the culprit to get a yellow card is very high.

Its pretty irritating as there's almost as much chance of scoring from a goal kick as there is from a 25 yard free.

I've only seen a player sent off for elbowing once in 12 seasons, and thankfully it wasn't one of my players. I've also seen red cards for dangerous tackles but I haven't seen anyone getting sent off for handballing in front of goal or slide-tackling strikers when in the clear or anything like that.

The most penalties I've got is 6 a season.

I might get about two pens a season and they're never missed. In contrast a penalty shootout will see more dodgy shooting than a darts match in your local at last orders.

That's being kind about the shootouts. TBH whichever team I am a the time hardly ever miss penalties during the season the only time they do is in bloody shootouts

Was playing against chelsea and Terry got an automatic red for a professional foul 87 mins in... I've seen a heap of reds for players getting fouled and gettting the freekick but kicking out afterwards and getting sent off.

El Hadj Diouf home and away last season for kicking out against me...had to laugh

there seems to be a real problem between the number of fouls comitted and the amount of cards shown. i have games where the opposing team will commit 20+ plus fouls and not get a single card. and players getting brought down and it was the last defender and no bookings is crazy. in the prem refs will give you 2 chances before you end up in the book if your lucky

I might get about two pens a season and they're never missed. In contrast a penalty shootout will see more dodgy shooting than a darts match in your local at last orders.

In my experience very few are missed in a shoot out, usually ends 5-4. The number of penalties you get in a match will depend on how many you get, at Rangers I probably got 7 or 8 a season, Spurs only 3 or 4.

I haven't seen any red cards for a pro. foul yet

Archived