Average Ratings

I just think it over complicates it & takes more time to look at rather than glancing at it. You had 10 numbers for fm to choose a rating(plenty imo) now you have 100 numbers. Perhaps it will just take time for me to get used to it.

Agreed. Thing is, generally only about 4 of the ten numbers were (and basically still are) used for the ratings. It would be much less of a mess and offer the same-ish functionality if the whole range of 1-10 was frequently used instead of the decimals. A 5 would mean an average performance whereas 4 would not be awful but considerably below average. Etc.

THe important thing is that the ratings do make sense now. There were baffling variations as recent as 07, where a player could jump to 10 and then down to seven within a few minutes late in the game, while a keeper who saved everything that went his way would go down if there weren't any shots at him for a while. It's a lot more stable now.

it's just more detail which is always a good thing - beforee and av rating of 6 could have been anything from 5.5-6.4. If I have a player on 6.4 i'm not happy, but i'll let it slide - if I have a player on 5.5 by halftime, he's gonna get dragged and given the hairdryer treatment

it's just more detail which is always a good thing - beforee and av rating of 6 could have been anything from 5.5-6.4. If I have a player on 6.4 i'm not happy, but i'll let it slide - if I have a player on 5.5 by halftime, he's gonna get dragged and given the hairdryer treatment

Your obviously the soft lovey dovey type manager, I give anything less than 6.0 the hairdryer treatment. If that doesn't work within 15 mins of halftime they are dragged off the pitch.

Depends on the player and the position. There seems to be a bit of an issue with MC and AMC at the moment that can often give misleading ratings even if they're playing ok.

I tend to base team talks on stats rather than average ratings, if a player is making plenty of successful passes/tackles then I'll cheer them on, if they're having a poor game it's evident from a combination of stats and rating and then I take into account whether shouting at them will actually work or not int he context of the game and their personality.

Your obviously the soft lovey dovey type manager, I give anything less than 6.0 the hairdryer treatment. If that doesn't work within 15 mins of halftime they are dragged off the pitch.

I am like a father to them. :)

I find anyone performing between 5.5 and 6.0, I give them a big half-time hug and all goes well secong half. :D

Archived