FRED siblings.

So we all know that a manager can have a son in the game. This can be me or you, or even an AI manager.

It is also known that you can have brothers and even twins regenerated.

I'm always on the look out for these ad whenever I see a FRED with a particular surname I always look at hiis favoured presonnel list just to check it out.

Sometimes I uncover a real relative that I neer knew existed, but up until now I hadn't seena real player get a brother as a FRED in the game.

Danny Welbeck, (he of the screamer into the top right hand corner against Stoke a couple of weeks ago), is currently not at club and despite my son having no chance of signing him he keeps asking and asking and asking. So anyway I look at Welbeck and have a look at his "personal" page. Fabian Brandy is there, (his strike partnership in the youh team, as is Ben Amost the Man Utd GK from the same youth team. Sir Alex and Wayne Rooney are there not surprisingly , (his former manager and his boyhood idol as he started out). But much to my surprise, Keith Welbeck is the last on the favoured personnel list. Keith is 16 now, (so 4 years younget than Danny), they have both on eachothers favoured personnel list and both were born in Man Utd.

Now I think this is brilliant. It really adds to the "feel" of the game.

The one little thing that could have been done better though is that while Danny Welbeck is black, Keith Welbeck is white with ginga hair. lol

Now I know that it theoretically possible for brothers in from mixed race parents to be of differing colours, but I think that the SI guys have missed a bit of a trick here.

The fact that they have this in the game is brilliant, really brilliant, but isn't the next step to link the facegen technology to the background of the player and any other pre-existing family traits?

Danny Welbeck for example is black and according to Wiki both his parents are Ghanaian. Now because we don't have a facegen picture for him there is nothing to link him to his brother with in terms of facegen at the moment. If each sort of race "style" of facegen was linked to a a real race "stlye" of apearance, Scandinavian, Black, Southern Europe, Asian then it might make this easier. Then siblings could be generated with similar facegen charactersitics.

Anyway, it seemed a simple thing when I first though of it but as I described it, it obviously became more clear that it is not quite that simple purely down to the large number of "styles" of appearance that are generated by facegen and also by the fact that it is often quite common for a broad mix of racial looks to be generated from a single country, (England for example).

Anyway, just an observation really about something that I think is really cool and how it might possibly be improved.

[Edit] I can already see the idiots lining up accusing me of racism.

Well while they may be linked to Nationality, (I actualy knew that), they should also be linked to any relatives that pre-exist in the game or have been generated before them.

Having Danny Welbeck as a black lad of Ghanaian parentage, and then generating his FRED younger brother who is white with ginger hair is just a little silly.

I don't think I explained that well at all the first time, sorry.

Well while they may be linked to Nationality, (I actualy knew that), they should also be linked to any relatives that pre-exist in the game or have been generated before them.

Having Danny Welbeck as a black lad of Ghanaian parentage, and then generating his FRED younger brother who is white with ginger hair is just a little silly.

Has Mrs. Welbeck been inviting Scholesie around for a nice cuppa tea? ;)

LOL

I understand what you are saying but we could be moving far away from the the main theme of the game. I suppose given thenatire of the programme complexity to achieve this it may be more effort that would be worth it and game improvement would not be big here

If you do want a laugh, look at players in 3d who have ginger hair or are bald:)

I had a white Roy Rijkaard at Barcelona on 08.

Archived