Should I buy FM09?

Here's the situation.

I'm an FM addict playing FML (Football Manager Live) and FM08. As a consultant my schedule varies A LOT so I'm actually getting in 20-25 hours of FMx a week.

Here's the question, are the improvements in FM09 worth the cost of a new game? or would I be paying for an updated database?

I'm downloading the demo now (so thanks in advance to all those that want to share linkage :thup:) but I'm curious to what other players think, especially those that have gotten in multiple seasons.

Atm no I wouldn't until the patch is released - by in saying that the patch is meant to come out anytime in the next few days so I'd say yes. The improvements are worth it and the patch should fix up pretty much all of the bugs that people are finding frustrating and ruining their experience.

Why? Because there is a patch? Just go and buy it now, then download the patch. You might get hit by a bus next week on the way to getting FM09!! THINK!

Well so that you can start a new game with both patches and be less affected by the bugs. Although tbh the current patch is actually very playable anyways.

Also yeah there will be less traffic next week so the chances of you getting hit by a bus will be lower.

Wait til next week then buy.
Well so that you can start a new game with both patches and be less affected by the bugs. Although tbh the current patch is actually very playable anyways.

Also yeah there will be less traffic next week so the chances of you getting hit by a bus will be lower.

Now you're thinking!

Here's the situation.

I'm an FM addict playing FML (Football Manager Live) and FM08. As a consultant my schedule varies A LOT so I'm actually getting in 20-25 hours of FMx a week.

Here's the question, are the improvements in FM09 worth the cost of a new game? or would I be paying for an updated database?

I'm downloading the demo now (so thanks in advance to all those that want to share linkage :thup:) but I'm curious to what other players think, especially those that have gotten in multiple seasons.

Great game, as many have said it has the potential to be amazing.

Cheers

It's not really a question of value for money.

With the exception of CM4 I think every issue has been excellemt value for money.

What I would say is that I'm not sure that it makes sense to finish a much loved long term existing save game and have to start all over again.

My son still has trust issues (lol) after I deleted a long long long term CM03/04 game as I tried to introduce the FM series to him and there was almost a riot when he found that our FM06 hotseat game had gone in the same way.

I'm just not sure that 9 months is enough to due a long term game justice. (It's not quite a year because by the time the patches have sorted the early issues and you have got the "feel" of the game, you only really have about 9 months before the next demo is out again.

I think every 2nd issue might be the snart move for me in the future, but I'm not sure that I have the willpower to resist come release day.

Archived