Manager Wages - can I work for nothing?

• SI Staff

All managers in the game are being paid. I don't think the human manager should be an exemption just because he wishes to have an extra boost to his club finances. As we don't simulate the living costs etc. of managers, then it is just fair that the human managers are at least being paid the minimum the club is willing to offer even if the human manager playing the game would want to work for free.

Your reputation is largely goverened by how much you earn. The more you earn the more likely you are to gain interest from bigger clubs.

Are you sure? I have started career games when i start from bottom in previous versions, i never saw a relations where wages influences your reputation. The opposite is however true.

But we do need the wage influence relation. So that if you take too low wages your reputations will get damaged and if you be able to get too high wages it inluences your reputation positivly IMO.

I suppose career earnings might be another factor to judge yourself against. I always ask for a decent wage, if I do well then I ask for a lot more than the original offer. First season with Nancy, on £3k a week finished second and made cup semi and UEFA cup quarters. They offered £3.4k (2 years) and I asked for £5k (5 years), they came back with £4.2k (2 years) which I took.

Archived