How do you aid the development of your up and coming players????

This one has baffled me for a while now, I like to invest in young players but im sure i don't do enough to maximise there development into an awesome player. I try to loan players out but if there is no interest how do you integrate them into your first team!!? More than likely there standard is way below that of my first team so do i risk playing them at the cost of maybe losing or just let them stay in my reserves (which doesn't seem to do a lot!!)

However I do find at the beginning of a season they have sometimes improved dramatically so i decide to take them from there or offload them!!

Is there anything else useful to do with youngsters1???

Loan him to a club that will provide competition that is on the same level as his skills, and make sure the loaning club plans to use him a lot.

Play him in first teams games as much as possible when he is not on loan.

Get the best coaches you can.

Don't over train.

Tutor him.

apart from to feeder clubs, ive found loaning players out very difficult on fm09. Good youngsters who should be snapped up, bring in no offers.

I actually think I am learning the reason behind this is not because there are no teams that would take them on loan, but because the player himself will not go to those teams so the game is coded to just not show interest or bid for him when they know he stands no chance of going on loan.

I find that players capable of playing the EPL will get very few loan offers and I think it is because they won't go anywhere except the big leagues, and teams in those leagues have little use for them as they have their own fringe players.

In 08 I found it all to easy to be in the BSP and get good players on loan from the top teams. I think it has changed for the better.

That's the advantage to having a feeder club; the move is basically automatic. :D

However, I've seen plenty of useful loan action in my game; you don't have to have a feeder club. You can set their Transfer Status to "Listed for Loan", then use "Offer to Clubs", and select "For Loan". If the player is "looking forward to going on loan" and is not good enough to crack a Premiership lineup, you should still get multiple offers from lower-level clubs. I recommend selecting a club with good training facilities, in an active league, from the highest league that bids for the player, where the player is clearly better than the next-best option (so that you're assured he starts!)

The other way you can get improvement is by keeping them at your club. Use the "Player Interaction" module to set up Tutoring links between the player and a veteran starter at his position. In addition to plenty of Reserve action, you need to get the young player regular first-team appearances. Start him for every League Cup and F.A. Cup match a.la Arsenal, and also put him on the bench for League matches. Bring him in as "fresh legs" in the final twenty minutes, especially of matches which you have a comfortable lead in.

I typically have a couple of high-Determination veterans on the bench as well, for trying to turn around a match, and a couple of pacey youngsters for running the Counter-attack if I have a lead.

As the player improves, you want to begin starting him in League matches, usually about 30-40% of matches in his first season as a starter - at this stage, he's not as good as your veteran at the same position, but its worth "sacrificing" to keep the veteran fresh for crucial European matches by starting the young player against lower mid-table clubs and relegation fodder. As he continues to improve, ramp up his playing time. I find around 60% in the second season and 75-80% in the third season is a good rate of increase. (Going slowly like that prevents the player from developing the "Feeling the Pressure of Public Expectations concern).

I have a bunch of talented youth that won't go to my feeders clubs - 2 in Championship and 1 in SPL. The youth are 19 to 20 years old and aren't getting too many first team appearances. Clubs in the top leagues rarely respond to "Offer to Clubs for loan". They only loan with intention to buy.

Archived