When does CA go up?

Hi all,

I've signed quite a few promising regens with a PA of > 180... They're in the reserves and playing regularly. When does their CA go up? Is it a once a year thing, like in pre-season, or does it increase gradually with match experience, etc?

Thanks! :o

Hi all,

I've signed quite a few promising regens with a PA of > 180... They're in the reserves and playing regularly. When does their CA go up? Is it a once a year thing, like in pre-season, or does it increase gradually with match experience, etc?

It increases gradually (there is usually a once a month adjustment which takes the new CA and updates the underlying attributes accordingly). But it won't go up by much if you keep them in the reserves. You need to play them in first team games - or loan them out to someone that will play them.

Basically, it goes up with amount of game he's involved. Likely to be single digit per month. Also the level of opposition also affect the player's improvement in CA. Sometime you will get a message from you AssMan saying he's impressed by xxx's improvement, that when the player had a huge increase in CA.

This is just a brief idea, there are more to it inside "Tactics & Training Tips"

Sometime you will get a message from you AssMan saying he's impressed by xxx's improvement, that when the player had a huge increase in CA.

This is just a brief idea, there are more to it inside "Tactics & Training Tips"

What happens when they have done poor over the month, do they lose CA?

Get a crappy feeder club and send them there. If they are better than that club's current crop your players will play regularly and improve. Also, try to make sure your feeder club is in an ACTIVE league. if it's anything like previous FMs this will help enormously.

I am Newcastle and have Clyde - in Scotland's second tier - and Darlington in League 1, which seems to be beneficial, although I'm only 2 seasons in.

Get a crappy feeder club and send them there. If they are better than that club's current crop your players will play regularly and improve. Also, try to make sure your feeder club is in an ACTIVE league. if it's anything like previous FMs this will help enormously.

You don't have to have a feeder club. You can set their Transfer Status to "Listed for Loan", then use "Offer to Clubs", and select "For Loan". For such promising youngsters, you should get multiple bids. I recommend selecting a club with good training facilities, in an active league, from the highest league that bids for the player, where the player is clearly better than the next-best option (so that you're assured he starts!)

The other way you can get improvement is by keeping them at your club. Use the "Player Interaction" module to set up Tutoring links between the player and a veteran starter at his position. In addition to plenty of Reserve action, you need to get them regular first-team appearances. Start him for every League Cup and F.A. Cup match a.la Arsenal, and also put him on the bench for League matches. Bring him in as "fresh legs" in the final twenty minutes, especially of matches which you have a comfortable lead in. (I typically have a couple of high-Determination veterans on the bench as well, for trying to turn around a match, and a couple of pacey youngsters for running the Counter-attack if I have a lead.)

As the player improves, you want to begin starting him in League matches, usually about 30-40% of matches in his first season as a starter, ramping up towards 60% in the second and 75-80% in the third. (Going slowly like that prevents the player from developing the "Feeling the Pressure of Public Expectations concern).

so what is more important do you guys think

18 year old upcoming striker

a. keep him in a 7 star training schedule with some of the worlds best players giving him mostly reserve team football and some cup here and there.

b. send him to a league 2 team in a 3 star schedule where he train with poor players but get regular first team football

what do you think?

Hi all,

It increases gradually. But you shouldn't know their PA, silly!

I am Newcastle and have Clyde - in Scotland's second tier - and Darlington in League 1, which seems to be beneficial, although I'm only 2 seasons in.

IIRC one of the changes mentioned in the run up to release was that they had improved the development on players in non-active leagues. Although I do still prefer to loan my players to active leagues and I switch that league to full detail so I can check out the goals they score (I wish there was an option to automatically set full detail for all matches involving your players).

I don't know if the OP knows about this, but when viewing a player profile you can select 'Views' in the top right and select 'show recent attribute changes' for a quick overview of a players improvments/decreases.

Also uner the player profile 'Training+Overview' the coach report will often comment on how a player has improve recently.

a. keep him in a 7 star training schedule with some of the worlds best players giving him mostly reserve team football and some cup here and there.

b. send him to a league 2 team in a 3 star schedule where he train with poor players but get regular first team football

what do you think?

Assuming you're in the EPL, the kid will come back from the League 2 loan complaining it was a waste of time. I aim for relegation-battling Championship side with guaranteed first team exposure - providing the training facilities are good too. A short-term stint there combined with half a year of (a) is a pretty decent combination for a year's schedule.

what do you think?

I usually do half and half - first half of the year being mentored in my reserves and then the second half on loan to a feeder to get first team action.

Seems to work pretty well - and sometimes they surprise me in the first half and earn a rotation spot if they're good enough.

I have an awesome regen goalkeeper who I give game time too but will his CA improve even though he doesnt touch the ball. Half the time the teams I play get few shots at goal and maybe one on target cause of my defence and most of the time the balls in their half?

I have an awesome regen goalkeeper who I give game time too but will his CA improve even though he doesnt touch the ball. Half the time the teams I play get few shots at goal and maybe one on target cause of my defence and most of the time the balls in their half?

The regen goalie will improve even if he barely makes a save in most games. As long as he sees 1st team action you're onto a winner. I've actually seen keepers win MOM without making a single save in a game, then the little MOM summary post match will come out with some guff like 'GK made a string of outstanding saves to keep his side in the game'. Sigh...

Archived