Is player development better?

I don't know whether its just temporary but my arsenal players/nasri/vela have already developed in a few months as far as they would have developed in a year before. Vela has gone up one in accel/pace/dribbling/creativity and its only november!

I would describe neither of them as completely undeveloped raw talents. THey were 3/4 there already, they just needed to aapt to the premiership. True raw undeveloped talent should still take awhile

No, even Ramsey at 17 has his stats going up pretty fast. I'm not complaining, i like it compared to FM08 where stats would only ever go up by 1 point a year. IMO players improve in bursts over a 3 or 4 month period (eg. walcott recently) and then stay at that level for a while before doing the same. I'm glad the game reflects this - it was a bit too rigid before.

It's now December and Walcott has gone up 2 points in dribbling, crossing and anticipation. One point pretty much everywhere else. Incredible! This is how FM should be!

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed first team/rotation players develop much quicker. N'Gog and Lucas both saw there attributes rise by one across the board, except for their key attributes that went up by two.

When it came to reserve and yout team players though, I didn't see any vast improvements in any players, be them players o loan getting first team football, or those playing for my reserve/youth sides.

How about old players? Do they stay in the game longer than they did in FM08?

(sorry for the "hijacking", but it seems relevant to the topic and I don´t want to start a new thread)

Yeah, if they're getting regular football they'll stay playing. I have Toldo in goal, at 39 years old. Makelele and Davids retired this season, both at 38, because I didn't play them enough. I've given them couching roles though, as planned :)

Yeah, if they're getting regular football they'll stay playing. I have Toldo in goal, at 39 years old. Makelele and Davids retired this season, both at 38, because I didn't play them enough. I've given them couching roles though, as planned :)

Great news. :thup:

Thanks for the reply.

Archived