Heart of Midlothian: Too many loan players?

Apologies in advance for an FM 2008 question when all the buzz is for '09, but some of us are marooned in the past due to lousy, under-powered PCs... :(

I decided to start a career in the SPL at Hearts. Looking at my squad, I find that I've got a load of players from Lithuania on loan. Nine (-9-) to be exact. Now, my grasp of SPL rules is somewhat weak, but I do know that -9- is a wee bit over the limit (4 or 5 I believe is more like it).

My question: does Hearts have some sort of exemption that allows them to carry -9-, or is this a bug? I'm going to assume that in reality, some of these players came on later in the season, but for some reason, when the game starts, it lumps them all with the pre-season squad.

irl i believe that hearts have alot more than 9 loan players i could ofcourse be wrong, i heard at one point 2-3years ago hearts where looking at 30odd new players a week all from lithuaina, you can get round it buy having short term and long term deals i think, isnt it.

Many thanks for the quick replies. It appears that what I'm seeing with my Hearts squad is consistent with reality and not, I hope, some kind of bug. If anybody out there who managed Hearts in FM 2008 can confirm that their pre-season squad is packed with loan players, that would put the lid on my concerns that I've got a corrupted DB file.

thanks much.

Many thanks for the quick replies. It appears that what I'm seeing with my Hearts squad is consistent with reality and not, I hope, some kind of bug. If anybody out there who managed Hearts in FM 2008 can confirm that their pre-season squad is packed with loan players, that would put the lid on my concerns that I've got a corrupted DB file.

thanks much.

ive played as hearts and you're fine thats how its supposed to be

In Scotland, the only loan restrictions is on how many loaned domestic players you may have. You can have as many international ones as you like.

i didnt know that. is that domestic as in scotland or uk?

Lol look at this it is ridiculous!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBK_Kaunas_to_Hearts

Thats totally out of date.

My brother does the Hearts research for FM. The only mistake with the data is that a few youngsters have been released since data lock. Tomas Kanchelskis should be at Kanaus - but I'm told that is a mistake made by the Lithuanian researcher.

IRL - Hearts have 8 players on loan - Janos Balogh (Hungary), Mike Tullberg (Italian club), Mrowiec (a pole from Kanaus), Cesnasukis (Lith from Kanaus), Kello (Solvak from Kanaus), Zaliukas (Lith from Kanaus), Ksanevicus (Lith from Kaunas) and Mikoliuanas (Lith from Kanaus).

Archived