This is the new, improved transfer system?

A side came in with a bid for one of my players (Michael Rankine). offering ₤6K and a player (James Cook). I agreed terms with their player (₤550 per week), but they couldn't come to terms with mine, and the deal fell through.

A few days later, they made another bid for Rankine - this time ₤7K and Cook. I offered Cook ₤525 per week, and he again accepted - and again Rankine refused their deal.

A few more days, and they bid ₤8K and Cook. Cook this time accepted ₤500 per week, and again Rankine refused.

It sounds minor, but there are fundamental problems here. There is absolutely no reason for the AI to offer me more money because my player refused the deal. There is also no reason at all for their player to accept less money when we'd already agreed terms for more.

I think the whole structure of the transfer system is quite poor, with the side having to go through the whole bidding process again if a player rejects a deal (and there a lot of games with far better negotiation systems that FM could use), but even in the existing system, this sort of nonsensical reaction from club and player reveals a complete lack of logic in this system.

I think we may find it a real problem that the AI continuously bids for players in a manner such as the one you described or will bid low amounts for star players over and over and over. There are a lot of reports out there about repeated low-ball bids for good players.

There is absolutely no reason for the AI to offer me more money because my player refused the deal.

Actually happens quite often. Alan Hutton being the most recent example that springs to mind. The case in real life being that the player likes the club, doesn't want to leave, and eventually does when he realizes the club he loves are getting a better deal.

However, I doubt the programmers intended that in FM, so it's probably a fault in the transfer system, as you say.

I had a case where I enquired about a player, and the club told me what they wanted, I offered what they asked for, and then they rejected it. So I repeated the pocess, and they asked the same again, and I offered again, and they reject again. This happened 3 or 4 times in a row, so I gave up.

They've lowered the the threshold on transfer prices. You cannot expect the computer to accommodate ridiculous over valuations you put on your players like in FM08. It was necessary in FM08 because players were too expensive and the only way to get hold of them was to over charge on your own players. I'm afraid your going to have to be prepared to accept lower bids for players in relation to how the AI spends its money.

Dont forget that its in working progress. The transfer system as a whole seems to be a lot better especially for the bigger clubs. It will take a while to fully implement it to the lower clubs aswell :)

Sorry but this is not the case. As usual i started with Manchester United and i have had Real Madrid put in a bid of 10.25 million for Rio Ferdinand who is valued at 19.75 million, 10 million for Vidic who is valued at 13 million and 24 million + incentives for Rooney who is valued at 24 million. All these three players are named indispensable for my team (with Madrid and Inter both putting in the same bids time and again) while my 7.5 million bid for Javier Saviola was rejected with the player valued at 5.75 and his status was "used in squad rotation". I am yet to see any difference between the transfer systems of 08 and this version :(

Yeah, happened a lot, especially now I'm playing a LLM.

Also getting refused for free transfers loads now, offer them a contract, accept what wages they want, they reject and next time you ask them they dont wanna come to your club.

Also they should add players that have been without a club for a number of years are more likely to sign just to get back into football. Went to a trialists match which the AI set up, (great feature btw) few players there that I would have used as back-up wouldnt even think of signing for me even though some of them had been outa football ages, and some were worse than first team players I already had.

Archived