Why have I been sacked?

Ok, I started a game as Preston because I am a Preston fan. I was given a two year contract. First season, I win the championship with 108 points and I said I want to reach the playoffs or something like that. Second Season, I say that I will attempt to avoid relegation and in the end, I finish 15th. They let my contract expire because I did not complete the long-term ambitions of a mid-table finish in the Championship.

Could someone please explain this?

I had an issue with the board confidence aswell. Having been knocked out of the champions league at the group stage, and subsequently getting beat in my knockout round of the Uefa Cup- my board were delighted with my performance in the Uefa Cup.

I'd gone beyond their expectations I suppose... though I don't think they ever imagined I would have had the "embarrassment" of Real Madrid being in the Uefa Cup! Haha

I had the same problem. I joined fulham in the championship then I got them promoted.

In the premiership finished 5th when everyone thought I would have got relegated. Then they dont offer me a contract saying "I am not theright man to push fulham forward"

Luckily or unluckily depends on which way you look at it I have never had my contract left to run out, I've either been sacked or given a new 1 although I get the feeling my 1st real game on FM09 will leave me being sacked! (I'm a Southampton fan, guess who I will be lol) and personally I hope the Saints guy has got the stuff right cos the 1st season aiming for mid-table I think will be a challenge in itself! We need heavy investment to have much chance of getting out of this league the right way or a new board who manager's can work with!!!

Yeah I know, I was offered a contract after getting them promoted in the 1st season and I rejected it thinking I would be clever and keep my long term ambition already completed, in case I got relegated. The funny thing was the long term ambition was full until the end of the season.

P.S I got the Spurs job, so it isn't all bad but I would still rather manage Preston.

Archived