Valencia

The Che are the 3rd biggest team in Spain and in 2009 they move to a 75,000 stadium thus providing cash.

IRL they sold their stadium to the government and the government gave them back the millions so IRL they are a pretty rich club, their wage budget shows that.

I don't think it was SI's mistake, it didn't really come out how bad things were until mid season-ish last year. I'm considering playing as them in FM09, alwaysd like them, but it was way too easy perhaps the financial instability will make it interesting.

Well, irl Valencia are incredibly in debt and in Germany would be refused a licence. In Spain, they can still get away with rejecting €55m offers for players without any kind of consequence.

If they get away with spending lots of money they don't have in FM as well, it's just realistic (even if reality may annoy at times).

However if their debts are not in the game, it is surely one for the data issues forum and/or for my editor before I start the first game.

Irl we are nearly $730m in debt and are struggling to find a buyer for Mestalla before moving to new Mestalla.Various changes at boardroom level dont help as you hear a different story every day about how the debt is being managed.If nothing is sorted out this year Silva and Villa will be sold next year if we dont qualify for the champions league,which at the moment is not looking like happenig as we are top of the league!(although having had a very easy start!)

I don't think it was SI's mistake, it didn't really come out how bad things were until mid season-ish last year. I'm considering playing as them in FM09, alwaysd like them, but it was way too easy perhaps the financial instability will make it interesting.

Same, maybe the new transfer system will mean we won't be able to offload players to make a fortune, then I'd love to play as Valencia if it was challenging.

Valencia now have a new owner with money and a guarantee to build the new stadium (Expected to open in 2011). As a team they have a very good youth team and this is reflected with their first team squad. the team may have suffered some financial problems but if they have a good season they should do well.

Well, irl Valencia are incredibly in debt and in Germany would be refused a licence. In Spain, they can still get away with rejecting €55m offers for players without any kind of consequence.

Debt is meaningless, it's cash flow that matters. If they can comfortably make a profit while repaying the debt via the agreed schedule, what's the problem?

Is a man with a £100,000 a year salary, £150,000 a year in his savings account but a £1,000,000 mortgage poor? If he can pay his mortgage, bills and food costs and yet still have plenty of cash left to spend on whatever he wants, he's not poor even though he's deeply in debt.

The real problem is teams like Chelsea who are still losing money on a year to year basis, and go further and further into debt to keep afloat. Admittedly they are going into 0% debt with no repayment date, but still...

Archived