Fifa or Pro

From all the reviews I have read Fifa 09 is now so close to PES that there is no point in buying PES.

Fifa on the 360 is just like watching Sky Sports the presentation is superb. While PES with its unlicensed names etc is well. OLD SKOOL ;)

From all the reviews I have read Fifa 09 is now so close to PES that there is no point in buying PES.

Fifa on the 360 is just like watching Sky Sports the presentation is superb. While PES with its unlicensed names etc is well. OLD SKOOL ;)

with pes just buy a update of ebay for aboyr £3 and you have all the kits. The only advantage fifa has is that my team forest are on it whereas pes doesnt have them on.

with pes just buy a update of ebay for aboyr £3 and you have all the kits. The only advantage fifa has is that my team forest are on it whereas pes doesnt have them on.

just add forest in the other teams c section. i do that for crewe and will do it for pes09.

just add forest in the other teams c section. i do that for crewe and will do it for pes09.

I know you can do that but when you are paying £40 quid for the game I just think it should come with all this out of the box.

ive always played both but have enjoyed PES more than FIFA but i like the career on FIFA more than the Master Leagues on PES

Used to love FIFA96 when you could play indoors and the old EA Allstars when Brian Plank was the star player! those were the days

I like em both. But in FIFA the players are sooo slow and 'heavy' whereas in PES the players are faster and easier to control. I would however like to see some real modes in PES. Master League is fun for some time but I want to play seasons with Championsleague and cups.

My fav fifa game was 2003 and then i thought they went down hill from there. I hated 04 and 05 where everytime you got the ball a oppostion would drag you to the floor and get away with it and i just got fed up with it happening all the time so i moved to pes nad havent played fifa since then but decided to buy this years and give it a go. i probably wont like it and will trade it in for pes 09.

I might give Pro Evo a look in for once this year, but if it's rubbish again like last year then I definitely won't be buying it. Got FIFA09 at release, and well...it's shocking. Really bad. I've written tons on other forums bagging the hell out of it but I'll just make a few points here. PS3 by the way.

Finishing one on one is tough, but getting easier as I get used to it more. Interceptions are frustratingly difficult. Players sometimes don't seem to realise the ball is played to their feet, they'll just run alongside a through ball (especially lobbed ones), quickly dwindling away their 10 yard head start whilst the defender calmly takes the ball away. It's just too messy, like an under 8s match- players everywhere, no real structure to it. It's too fast- unrealistically fast, makes it difficult to build any decent structured attack, most goal-scoring opportunities are brought about by the ridiculously good through balls (a nightmare for defenders, very hard to stop). The ball flight is very odd- the gravity just doesn't seem right, causing balls to 'float' well over the crossbar; and the amount players can curl the ball at freekicks is ridiculous. I reckon I could almost get Ronaldo to curl the ball around the goals like a boomerang and hit himself in the face...well maybe not quite that much. I broke a controller due to the frustration caused by FIFA08 (I do take it quite seriously though, was in top 300) and I can see a few more things ending up on the wrong end of FIFA-related frustration this year. It just doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the player, and the countless times where balls roll straight past players, passes don't have nearly enough power to reach the destination, and various other bugs make the game very frustrating. I better mention some positives- referees are implemented very very well, graphics are fantastic (check out C. Ronaldo's face!!), crunching tackles look really good due to more fluid falling of players, and shots are much more varied meaning it's possible to miss sitters and possible to score screamers (something 08 was missing I believe). Overall, a hell of a step down from 08 though, and that's my 2 bob

Both. I'll always be a PES man but FIFA is a good game all the same. I got both last year and enjoyed it :thup:

I don't even have to change controls. It is funny watching others when they are 1 v 1 and they press the cross button instead of shooting :D

I had that last night! Playing FIFA08 before we went to the shops at 11.30, I had it on FIFA controls and my mate had it on PES controls and we decided to play a co-op team game and I floated the ball in and after some sweet control from my mate, he pressed cross instead of shoot :D

Pro Evo all the way! i havn't played a FIFA game in years...

with promises that PES09 is improved all around (online, gameplay, edit mode etc) it should be better than FIFA yet again.

Talking about licences, i really enjoy making team logos and kits myself, so i love this (plus, an even better edit mode is present, so all the better! :D)

and now that the Champions League is in PES, its a must buy!!

Pro Evo all the way! i havn't played a FIFA game in years...

with promises that PES09 is improved all around (online, gameplay, edit mode etc) it should be better than FIFA yet again.

Talking about licences, i really enjoy making team logos and kits myself, so i love this (plus, an even better edit mode is present, so all the better! :D)

and now that the Champions League is in PES, its a must buy!!

the champions league looks awesome on pes doesn't it.

Good liink. Ronaldo looks better on PES, but Drogba for example looks better on FIFA I think. PES have apparently really improved their act after they released that abomination last year. All I've ever done with a PES game is laugh at it, and I can't help but think it will still be the laughing stock of the football games again this year, but with the huge downwards turn FIFA has taken I'll download the demo at least

Good liink. Ronaldo looks better on PES, but Drogba for example looks better on FIFA I think. PES have apparently really improved their act after they released that abomination last year. All I've ever done with a PES game is laugh at it, and I can't help but think it will still be the laughing stock of the football games again this year, but with the huge downwards turn FIFA has taken I'll download the demo at least

i havent got a ps3 so i cannot compare them on there. The only disappointment last year with pes was it really wasnt that much different from the year before. I like that pes is more fluent than fifa but baring in mind i havent played fifa since 06 i think.

Hahaha look at Robin Van Persie! Looks terrible on both, but I'm not even sure if it's the right guy on the FIFA screenshot!

yeah i sw that and thought have they got that right. John terrys looks well dodgy on fifa and kuyt. Mind you owen looks terrible on pes he looks about 12!!

look at rio ferdinand he looks nothing like him at all. Looks more like wes brown mixed with silvestre.

yeah had that!

i can still remember footie games on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum!

But im going to throw another game into the ring for debate:

Sensible soccer one of the greatest football games ever!

italy 90 was great but for some strange reason i could only score if i was shooting down the pitch i couldnt score shooting upwards.

TIF! My record for diving sending offs is 7 in a match. 1 of them was mine :p

My mate said he had a game on the Dreamcast that once got the ball stuck on the crossbar. It wasn't counted as out and because it was in the box the game never ended! :D

I tackled someone on the halfway line once... The ball went up into the air and all of a sudden the camera moved to the goal and out of the sky came the ball and bounced over the line!!

same happened to me apart from the ball was no where to be seen it just came up goal! now thats spooky

ive always played both but have enjoyed PES more than FIFA but i like the career on FIFA more than the Master Leagues on PES

Used to love FIFA96 when you could play indoors and the old EA Allstars when Brian Plank was the star player! those were the days

I loved the fact that you could turn the offside rule off and just hoof it up to your man who was hogging the oppositions goal line and in a 90 minute match (real time that is) could win about 350-0 lol.

my first proper footie game was FIFA world cup 98... i can still remember it now.... ''i get nocked down! but i get up again!.....''

Your never gonna keep me down ... *Instrumental*

Best soundtrack for a footy game ever!

the best game was david beckham soccer becuase you could score from corners. It was great i scored loads of corners direct.

I played that, though Chipped on my PS1. :cool: Was fun doing the challenges.

Archived