Bookings when delaying...

Alekos

I would like to know if we will see in this FM bookings when a player delay plays the ball...IRL lots of players and small teams that are in front of score against a bigger opponent always delay playing the ball...GK takes his time for the goal kick, throw in takers, corner takers, set piece takers etc..

By the way this would be a great addition in my opinion...

no they dont get bookings in a recent thread a goalie took 1 min 32 secs to take a goal kick with no booking.

WHS. Recently it was brought up that players should get booked for doing this as sometimes it is ridiculous how long players take over free-kicks, goal-kicks, corners... etc in the dying moments.

i think this should be implemented in game by reconfiguring the time-wasting slider, so when it's on full the players do waste so much time they get booked, and a few down from the "all out time-wasting" setting would be how it currently is now.

i think this should be implemented in game by reconfiguring the time-wasting slider, so when it's on full the players do waste so much time they get booked, and a few down from the "all out time-wasting" setting would be how it currently is now.

It should be linked to the Decision Making stat, though, so an intelligent player will be "cute" about time wasting, whilst an idiot player with low decision making skills possibly picks up a needless booking.

Edit - also, should time wasting apply to the whole team, or should you be able to set it to individual players? I don't particularly want my defenders dallying on the ball (unless by setting the team to high time wasting it means the defenders knock it about between themselves), but I do want my wingers and forwards heading towards the corner flag.

Perhaps it could be linked to Tempo? So if I have high time wasting and low tempo, the team tries to play it amongst themselves going for easy, easy passes (but are vunlerable to a team playing a high Closing Down game), whilst if I have high time wasting and high tempo I'll see my team hoof it out of touch, whacking the ball out of there, etc?

Just a few ideas.

WHS. Recently it was brought up that players should get booked for doing this as sometimes it is ridiculous how long players take over free-kicks, goal-kicks, corners... etc in the dying moments.

That was my thread and my game. Stupid goalie. I got so bored just sitting there watching.

For us still playing 07 it is very very annoying to watch ping pong balls , strikers walk half the pitch to give ball to the keeper (who usually does not move until the ball is right to his feet )

The good side is that although AI may do this all game long and you are ahead 2-0 at 85' if they score a goal they start running like mad .

Archived