Agents in FM09?

Agents are playing a huge part in football nowadays and they are a big part on whether a deal goes through or not. So i want to know if there will be agents in future versions of FM and whether their included in the new FM09 as they should be a big part in the game. Anexample would be that you have to enquire with a players agent as to whether the player or agent would be interested in signing for your club and then you have to attend meetings with the player and agent to sort out contracts, agent fees etc. I personally think that this feature would be a very realistic and interesting feature to add to the FM series. Please add your own personal opinions...

Half of that is already implicitely implemented by the existing contract negotiations where the players' agent gets mentioned. You get told as soon as you have an offer accepted whether the player is interested in signing for you or not and nowadays your scouts will tell you this information before you sign them. If you want you could interpret that as your scouts having contacted the player's agent to find this information out.

Would like to see agents offering you their players more often too. Have seen it very rarely, an only when you've praised a player in public.

I'd hate to see agent involvement in pure footballing terms, otherwise contract negotiation will become protracted and way too annoying for a game like this. Like press comments were in '08.

Like Glamdring says, it's implied already. And the signing on fee is also part of this... agent payments, admin, etc.

I agree it needs a bit of attention but if it goes full-on it'll be yet another thing for people to rant about.

Would like to see agents offering you their players more often too. Have seen it very rarely, an only when you've praised a player in public.

This is quite bizarre actually because I saw it just once, in FM07, and have never seen it again and that was despite playing some 15 seasons of that game and having 4 different managers simultaneously. What made it most bizarre was that the one time it happened my Derby County manager was sent a clip of 3 goals (I think it was that) of a player to show us how good he was, but it was already our own player who was out on loan at Kilmarnock and banging goals in there. He went on to be world class, albeit not very prolific, but it was a very strange incident!

Yes, important feature that should be re-implemented. But not in the same dull "wanna watch my player again and again although you said no every time I asked you?" way that used to exist.

Example:

Sporting - Lisbon - has 2 young players from serbia and from montenegro represented by the same agent. One is vukcevic, the other Stojkovic.

Stojkovic is probably the best gk in the club; the thing is he believes that he's God on earth. Our manager has a problem with bigger-than-life characters, so he's gone from first choice to not playing at all in no time. Stoj didn't like that, so in comes the agent saying "he's the best keeper in the club, he should play every game, bla bla bla". So, instead of doing any good, he just made it worse.

As for Vukcevic, theres a similar problem.

Vuk is a great player, good left foot, strong, comitted to the game.

He started off playing at midfield but as the season developed, he went on to the position of forward due to injuries. There he scored a couple of (important) goals and began to be and influential player by the end of the year.

For reasons only the manager knows, he didn't play in the victorious cup final against Porto, who had just been crowned champions. He didn't like that so, again, on comes the agent saying "vuk is a great player, bla bla bla, he wants out or to know for certainty that he's going to play as a first team player" althought the player saind numerous times that he likes the club and the manager said that he's counting on vuk to stay.

During the summer, both players were talked about leaving. Stoj because the manager didn't want him, Vuk because the agent received proposals for him to leave.

Stoj didn't leave - mainly because nobody wants him - so the agent now says that he wants to stay and fight for his place, while with Vuk has still good chances of leaving in January, so the agent is saying that, unless he plays, he'll leave.

Some of you will say "that already exists in the game; when a player wants out and he says he wants out for example." True, it does exist. But there is a big difference between being the player who wants out and the agent pressuring him out.

This is a clear case of fight over power - the agent trying to show that he decides what's best for the players and to make them ever present in the games, and the manager showing that he's in charge and that he's the one who decides who and when they play. The players? Pawns in a chess match...

So, one vote from me to put in agents. Hope I was clear enough.

Cheers.

Cipriang, can't you do that with filters? Scout Brazil and then filter "age must be at most 21". Or scout Spain and filter "club" and type "Sevilla". I'm not 100% whether that's in though.

you can do it several ways ( ctrl+a on players or filters) but an "scout X club" would make it very easy.

it would be great if you d have an option of letting the agent know what players you need and he d find them for you.

i d love to be able to scout a whole club. like scout brasil under 21 or scout all the player from "sevilla"

You can scout a club and a whole division for that matter :D

You can scout a club and a whole division for that matter :D[/quote

how can you scout a specific club?

Forgive me if this aint the correct way as i've not played FM08 for a few months.Click on your scout an find the tab which assigns them to a job,somewhere in there u can send them to a country or a league,or a club :D you can also scout competitions like chmpions league or world cup etc.

Archived